Jungle Kog'Maw?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MR MONKEYBOSS

09-03-2010

Hey guys,
I would like to ask if there are any good jungling kog'maw guides out there. If you do know how to jungle with him and can offer me some tips like: where to start? which masteries? which runes? how to build(madreds razor ofc...but first item)?
Thanks

Haestro

09-03-2010

you be serious?

Krosan

09-03-2010

I don't think Kog is mobile enough, has enough survivability, or does enough damage in the right way to jungle effectively. He also doesn't have the gank power he needs. I suspect Kog would get chewed up pretty bad by jungle creeps.

To be a jungler, you really seem to need at least one of a number of factors. You can have a way to damage the creeps quickly-Amumu with despair and tantrum spam can do it. You can have a way to heal yourself; Akali with spell vamp, Warwick/Olaf/Nunu/Fiddlesticks, anyone with a really good way to selfheal has an advantage.

Oh, and mobility: Being able to move through the jungle quickly is also an advantage. If you plod like Alistair you're wasting a lot of time...

Overall, Kog really has good enough lane control that him jungling would be a bit of a waste. Take Mord, for example; he'd probably jungle very effectively, but it's not really the best way to play him, because he's just so good at bossing a lane around that dropping him in the jungle is a waste. A character like Olaf or Amumu, who are fairly weak in a lane, would make a better choice.

Sheldor73

06-18-2012

Olaf weak in lane; are you kidding me?

Draikk

06-18-2012

Jungle Kog'Maw is pretty easy:
1. Look at Kog's early game
2. Go bot or mid instead

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

As alluded to, Kog is a truly awful jungler. He has ZERO sustain, no good area effect damage, and his range is useless when jungling.

Even if he can struggle by with cloth and 5 pots, his ganking sucks too! He isn't tough so they can just turn around and kill him. His Puke carpet is decent but his movespeed sucks and they are pretty safe simply by getting into the bushes and running back to tower.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3-L3lVUaD8

i would not recommend it tho =D

Zebiniasis

08-24-2012

just went 11/5/20 jungle kog... just play aggressive and work with your team and it apparently works better then i thought, great counter for amumu, not that that's hard.

Jimyd

08-24-2012

Lifesteal quints, pray you survive.

Axethor

08-24-2012

You don't.