LoL keeps crashing my PC. Help please!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Illictius

12-08-2012

I have the same issue. However at times it only crashes at the start of the game. The last patch which I installed two days ago. Helped with the issue, as it only crashes every sixteen games down to the point. Unlike before where it would crash every three games.

So I can almost quite honestly say its a code issue. That whatever script is running during the game catches sometimes, causing my computer to crash.

However mine goes to a blue screen, telling me an error has occurred. So I went an took it to one of the guys who usually services my desktop. I have an ASUS CMI1730. I've had issues with the hard drive before, but this time it wasn't the case.

He told me, to clean out any of the files I have downloaded that are "Sketchy". Then to run a scan to make sure I had no unwanted viruses. (All viruses are evil) After that, to run a disk clean up. Then run whatever registry fixer program I had, an right after that to defrag the entire system.

It seems to work for the most part, but it still does it sometimes. So I guess we may have to wait a couple of more patches.

DESTROYER87

01-26-2013

Guys i had the exact same problem. I solved it by reducing my pc and ingame resolution. I was on 1920x1080 and now im on 1680x1050, and it works perfect.

Tohros

01-31-2013

I have had the same problem in League of Legends as Dravion has had practically to the letter. I have seen the argument that this very well may be a "hardware problem". However, the argument for running other games at higher than LoL settings also seems valid. So think about it. If LoL is stressing your computer more than any of these High End games Starcraft 2, WoW, Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, etc., then that does sound like a programming error.

Should a game with overall less quality in graphics and sound overwork your computer to the point of crashing more than any other game purchased practically just the other day?

EDIT: After further investigation, I found something peculiar. I decided to play LoL in windowed mode, not sure what compelled me to do so, but I did. Anyway, I played a match, and of course it crashed, however because it was windowed I was able to Alt-Tab out if and start up Windows Task Manager and end the application. I thought well maybe this is a temporary work-around. I tried to start up LoL again, multiple times in fact, but to no avail. I took a look at the processes in the Task Manager and found that all those times I tried to reopen LoL had started other LoL processes, and these Processes would not end or be closed. SO I decided to restart my computer, it was fine until the reboot sequence got to the point when the Windows Logo should have appeared, it did not appear. The computer just stayed at a Black Screen until I Hard Reset the system anyway. This failure to restart has never happened until this League issue had appeared. I hope this helps

Gravano

Adjudicator

01-31-2013

I have been experiencing this problem lately as well. I believed it to be a hardware issue at first, since the symptoms are similar to an overheating hard reset. After testing a few things, I have found the root of the problem, at least in my case.

My internet connection is spotty at times, which for most games (including League, until recently) leads to a brief moment of lag followed by the connection resuming as normal. After some observation I realized that it was these brief moments of disconnection that were causing my crashes. For whatever reason, League was becoming irrecoverably hung up during these momentary disconnections.

Why this is I do not know, and it may or may not be the root of the problems listed in this thread, but I am almost entirely certain this is the cause of what I am experiencing. Hopefully this is helpful to somebody.

Tohros

02-03-2013

Bump

Tohros

02-06-2013

After the crashes, I close the application through the Task Manager and then try to shutdown my computer, after the screen goes black to final part of the shutdown sequence it just stays there, AND GET THIS>>> I heard a LoL Chat ping while it was at the black shutdown screen

@Riot, fix this now, it is not JUST a hardware problem when your game PREVENTS my computer from shutting down

Tohros

02-07-2013

bump

Bluesky Dante

02-08-2013

hey guys it's been about a week since i've had a similar problem, the only difference is that my computer does not crash, the only thing that happens is that league randomly closes itself, either when i finish the loading screen or when i click the continue button on either victory/defeat..
can anyone help me?

ZarX88

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

I am having the same issue and this just started happening like.. back in jan.. its so random... I am sorry but this is a programming problem not a hard ware problem. I can play games that tax the living hell out of my pc for hours on end and never have this issue.. This is a programming problem and they dont want to admit it.

I literally just started league back up after it just had crashed my PC and League just hard booted my pc again....and guess what? The temp in my pc was at 82-84 degrees fahrenheit....

My guess is its a problem with adobe air or its a problem with the programming.

SandwichLord

04-15-2013

My laptop has problem where the screen goes black and then it eventually hibernates. And It never feels very overheated and it does it literally every match and most of the time more than once in a match. I've tried re-installing and I don't know what else to do about it.