LoL keeps crashing my PC. Help please!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

啟能殺死彩虹

07-17-2012

Then get a Mac.

smoove handles

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumurak View Post
Actually this is incorrect. And a common misconception when it comes to gaming. The game itself typically will not cause a shut down on a computer. Shut downs on a computer are a self control mechanism of your computer to protect itself. It is almost always 99% of the time a hardware issue. Now that hardware issue may in fact be because it doesn't agree with how they coded thier software.

So just because you can run Crysis on high settings, doesn't mean your system is able to run something it's not coded or optimized for. I've had systems that run crysis and then fail on eve online or bulletstorm. It happens, deal with it. So some common sense would tell you that your statement is ridiculous and unnecissary. As common sense would dictate to test everything and come to a logical solution before defending something you have no legit information on.

Have you checked your bios? Whens the last time you took canned air to your system? What are your system specs? have you run futuremark and tested your system?
This is LEAGUE OF LEGENDS. I play this game FINE on my laptop which SUCKS compared to my desktop.

CL Lolshock

07-17-2012

This is a hardware problem down to the grit. My guess is, is that your power supply is giving out and it's not giving enough power to your video card, you get the same problem if you try to use a video card with not enough wattage. Like take this example

Tom's power supply is 400 watts
His CPU takes up a constant 110 watts
His hard drive and optical drive take up a constant combine 50 watts
His video card, on idle, takes up 80 watts, but when active, in a game, it takes up to 300 watts.
Tom only has 240 extra watts (never mind the RAM right now) without the card. Last I checked 300>240. If he exceeds 240 watts, his card will crash. Since it's not a processor or RAM that help run the computer itself, the computer will still be running when it crashes. Therefore, if you can run Crysis, your setting within Crysis restrict it from going over that 240 watt barrier. Whereas, LoL is running based off of your RAM and Video card system information.

My advice, is to lower your fps within the game, and also lower the graphics within the game and try that. If that doesn't work, try to go to your settings within your NVIDIA or AMD control panel and underclock your GPU at least 5%. You won't see a performance hit really. And like the wrenchman said, the afk crash is probably from your RAM, which is likely a factor from your powersupply.

smoove handles

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolshockdotcom View Post
This is a hardware problem down to the grit. My guess is, is that your power supply is giving out and it's not giving enough power to your video card, you get the same problem if you try to use a video card with not enough wattage. Like take this example

Tom's power supply is 400 watts
His CPU takes up a constant 110 watts
His hard drive and optical drive take up a constant combine 50 watts
His video card, on idle, takes up 80 watts, but when active, in a game, it takes up to 300 watts.
Tom only has 240 extra watts (never mind the RAM right now) without the card. Last I checked 300>240. If he exceeds 240 watts, his card will crash. Since it's not a processor or RAM that help run the computer itself, the computer will still be running when it crashes. Therefore, if you can run Crysis, your setting within Crysis restrict it from going over that 240 watt barrier. Whereas, LoL is running based off of your RAM and Video card system information.

My advice, is to lower your fps within the game, and also lower the graphics within the game and try that. If that doesn't work, try to go to your settings within your NVIDIA or AMD control panel and underclock your GPU at least 5%. You won't see a performance hit really. And like the wrenchman said, the afk crash is probably from your RAM, which is likely a factor from your powersupply.
My computer is pretty OLD but I have a 550W PS, E7200 Wolfdale 2.57ghz, Radeon HD 4850, 8GB RAM. I could play SC2, WoW, D3, CS:Source, and MW3 all on high settings/max resolution on a 22" monitor. I have never experienced a CPU crash due to playing a game EVER except for LoL which is IRONIC considering the graphics look like cartoons.

Gumurak

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggarati View Post
My computer is pretty OLD but I have a 550W PS, E7200 Wolfdale 2.57ghz, Radeon HD 4850, 8GB RAM. I could play SC2, WoW, D3, CS:Source, and MW3 all on high settings/max resolution on a 22" monitor. I have never experienced a CPU crash due to playing a game EVER except for LoL which is IRONIC considering the graphics look like cartoons.
So in other words you are closed minded, not willing to take advice, because you are dead set on it absolutely not being a hardware issue. Even though it's been descibed to you 5 ways now. Gotcha, I'm done here.

AlphaMike

08-16-2012

I have the same problem... It's not hardware

MouthØfMadness

09-04-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1947342

Five pages of people having the same "hardware problem"; if you look around this forum you can find dozens of single post threads about the same issue. I invested hundreds of dollars and hours playing LoL every single day--on a computer I built in 2006 that was below the minimum system requirements. I built a new computer two weeks ago and I cannot go a single game without a complete computer freeze requiring a hard reset. Hundreds of people are having the same exact "hardware problem".

At this point LoL is dead space on my SSD and all you can tell me is it's my fault a.k.a. a "hardware problem".

Fukacz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-05-2012

Had the same and i used this solution (software):

1. Go YouTube
2. Start any movie
3. while it's playing click right on the movie
4. select options/settings
5. select first tab (bottom, left corner)
6. turn OFF hardware acceleration
7. enjoy

It fixed nicely my problem with PC freeze. It has an explanation since LoL launcher has YouTube builded inside and YouTube movies are supported by Flash Player. It enforce your PC to supply resources with you hardware and its not really working. If you turn it off, it should help.

It's not my solution, but i hope it helps.

cheers

AyNaku

10-17-2012

Have you tried setting your video at settings other than "high" or "very high" and see if it still crashes? My previous graphics card can run other games at max or very high settings but somehow causes my pc to turn off when i play LoL on "very high" settings. The computer stopped crashing when I set mine to just "high." I monitor my temperatures; they do not even go more than 45 degrees. This annoyed me but since I just recently built my PC, I replaced my graphics card with the same model and brand just to see its not the card. For some reason, I do not crash anymore even though it is the same card. My friend got a high end graphics card the does not crash while playing Battlefield 3 but crashes when he sets his LoL at very high. He just got the same graphics card but with a different brand and returned the previous. He doesn't crash anymore after that. Another person I knew just updated his graphics card bios and stopped crashing. It could be the graphics card bios issue, it could be a driver issue, or it could be something else. However, its mostly because of the graphics card. What the guy above said is true; just because you have a high end graphics card doesn't mean it's gonna like LoL.

G3kk0

11-08-2012

Setting my fps to "Stable" seem to fix my problem.