Battle Morgana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rogl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2009

I was browsing the forums and I noticed that all guides strategies and comments seem to support a tank/support Morgana, and even though I know she is in fact a legit support and tank, this is the same way everyone viewed QoP in DotA.
QoP was my favorite hero, and when I switched to League of Legends I looked for a champion which was at least similar, or the play style was similar. I found Morgana. Morgana is incredibly adept and pushing through enemy lines, and ganking solo, sometimes even two enemy heroes at a time. While still being able to support a valid tank or save an ally when needed. And in team on team battles, oh baby, it gets good with her ultimate, and legit use of black shield.
Anyways, just thought I'd throw my build and strategy on here for her, do what you like, this is just for those of you that enjoy a little caster blaster instead of little Ms. Sits in the Back.

Items:
-Doran's Ring start, it is a pretty legitimiate starting item, the health boost makes her a little less glass-cannonish and gives her some early AP/Mana regen.
-Sorcerers boots, go go gadget spell caster boots!
-Mejai's Soulstealer, come on people, does it get much more legit than this? I love stacking up my AP on Morgana, and when you get good at ganking, you max out this item's bonuses very quickly, and you start ganking around level 5! Mejai's lets you carry out gank after gank after gank by giving you all the mana of your target when you kill them, and an AP bonus leading up to a hefty +70 after 7 kills, 14 assists, or any combination of them.
-Sheen, oh yeah, extra damage for casting spells? Amazing item for Morgana, and it gets better later on.
-Rod of Ages I believe is the name, the stacking bonus leading up to another hefty AP and mana boost. Great caster item.
-Complete Lich Bane, now you gain damage according to your AP! Which you've been what? Stacking thats right, stun, DoT, hit hit, ult, hit, even tanks can't take the hits.
-Sell Doran's Ring to get a little extra money for making Zhonya's ring instead, a crazy good item, incredibly boost to your AP, and some legit mana bonuses. Great item.
-Finally, if the game is still going, theres 2 options, in a game with good support heroes on your team like Zilean the time guy who should be getting the frozen heart, or maybe Ashe or mundo who can help you can those sneaky little stragglers, you can get Rylai's for extra slow, and other general caster bonuses. If you don't have a slow support or tank on your team, getting the frozen heart does in fact make your job a lot easier when chasing, and gives you a nice 110 armor bonus I believe.

Anyways, I'm no pro, but this build I can usually go average 15-5, and I have my bad games no doubt. But I'm annoying, and I save my partner's butts all game long. Have fun fellow Morganas, she's worth the learning!

Rogl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2009

>>I know I seem lame for commenting my own post<<

but I updated a little, I don't get frozen or rylai's anymore, I decided in some games where I can focus on harassing instead of survivability to get tear of the goddess early on for mana and upgrade it to archangel's staff later in the match, seems to do more for me than rylais or frozen did.

Charmicarmicarmicat

11-07-2009

QoP was(is) by no means a tank/support, she is a downright herokiller with good burst DPS, amazing mobility, hard to kill, can semi-carry due to this mobility and her ability to farm. She is good in both 1on1 and teamfights.

That being said, AP morgana is asking for trouble in high-elo games, especially at this point where games are won by 5-man ganking.

Morgana is primarily feared due to her ultimate and her blackshield, with binding being just the bonus. In order to perform these tasks, you need to be able to survive 4 seconds, even sometimes against the odds and on less than half hp - as well as have cooldown reductions(mainly for blackshield and binding, ulti is almost always up in a fight)

The more YOU survive, the more you can setup your imbastun ultimate, the more you can rescue your focusfired teammate (blackshields most prevailant quality is it's ability to clear CC, not the absorbtion, hence AP is only a bonus)

Therefore, Morgana is nothing like QoP. Take it from someone who mained her, and was +80% win on dotaleague before her buff. ****, i almost dislocated my shoulder padding myself on the back there.

doran: Argueable, i can see the merit of this item, i personally prefer to be a third of the way to my catalyst.

Sheen: Morgana has one of the worst auto attacks in the game only rivalled by annie and ryze. Yes, your ability to tank could in theory allow you to proc some sheens, but you aren't going this path, and if you were, you would just delay more important items.

Sorcerers shoes are terrible. Your choice of shoes are very important as you can only wear one pair - therefore choose one that gives you a unique benefit that remains usefull throughout the game! 90% of the time, you end up with either mercury or swiftness. Yes some DPS heroes can get berserkers, some roaming gankers can get mobility boots and jax should get a tabi, most of the time you will want mercury or swiftness and morgana is no exception.

Finally frozen heart is great if there's physical DPS, otherwise stop at glacial shroud. It's still a great item for mana and cooldown reduction, and theres always someone ganging at you with their fists - if there really aren't any, nashors tooth is despite the useless attackspeed, a great item.

I can see the merit for rylais in some cases (soil slows 15%, soulshackles 45% instead of 30 etc) but most of the time you will end up with banshees instead.

Anyway... battlemorgana is fun for unorganised play, but once you get around level 15-20 and have a decent ELO you will start to notice gameplay is changing and your strat evolving around 2v2, 3v2 skirmishes no longer work. Same reason you hardly see twitch and evelynn.

Just a thought from the peanut gallery :-)

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

11-07-2009

Quote:
Sheen: Morgana has one of the worst auto attacks in the game only rivalled by annie and ryze
Incorrect, Annie has one of the best autoattacks in the game. This is like saying Soraka has a bad auto attack just because she's not DPS.

Charmicarmicarmicat

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
Incorrect, Annie has one of the best autoattacks in the game. This is like saying Soraka has a bad auto attack just because she's not DPS.
What are you talking about? Annie's attack animation is incredibly slow and longwinded. Ashe - SHE has a good one, which is obviously intentional.

Toolbox

11-07-2009

OP needs a thesaurus and stop saying "legit"

Rogl

11-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
OP needs a thesaurus and stop saying "legit"
hehe...trolls

OffConstantly

11-11-2009

I've been playing Morgana on one account or another since July, and over time Riot has done a lot in their patches to make sure she is NOT played as a nuke and kill hero in high ELO games. Cooldown reduction and lots of hp/mana is the way to go, to support your team, keeping them alive and the enemies Crowd Controlled as much as possible.

Battle Morgana will tear BAD players up, but not good ones.