revert back to old dodge time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shuiyori

07-08-2012

Well I will try to make brief. We all know that baddies will be okay with having a solo top character go bot with the AD carry and compete with farm. They will also be okay with going through the game arguing about who is mid. So the most logical thing is to dodge instead of wasting 40 minutes picking up the slack of the "troll" and the guy who's game he ruined (or he could have also been just as stubborn not to chose anything else deeming him a "troll" as well).

The thing is the guy being a stubborn *blank* goes away unscathed, and one has to wait about a full game anyhow. Having the time go back to 5mins, 10, and so on will be much better because chances are you are not going to run into the same guy and you will have had time to cool down and play a good game, However, being punished for someone else and being pissed for a good 30 minutes is really not the way to go into the next game. The long wait makes the whole game experience even more excruciating where trolls "win" no matter what.

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

There was no dodge time in ranked before IIRC. It was a simple 10 ELO loss.

Sam Is Whoa

07-08-2012

This is exactly why riot will never win the fight to please. You all asked to get rid if the elo loss so they did. They need to give some sort of penalty or people will Dodge all the time. Also im appalled at the amount of ppl that misuse/dont understand the word troll. Why is it troll to play your best character whether its meta or not. Stop complaining about the improvements riot is making.

OliverTuddrussel

07-08-2012

@Sam Is Whoa

Yeah but, your team might not neccesarily need the role that your "Best Champion" fits.

And the dodge times should be 5 minutes flat for unranked games, I think. Having 2-3 lobbies full of trolls in a row really shouldn't mean I have to wait 20 minutes to play a game.

Sam Is Whoa

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTuddrussel View Post
@Sam Is Whoa

Yeah but, your team might not neccesarily need the role that your "Best Champion" fits.

And the dodge times should be 5 minutes flat for unranked games, I think. Having 2-3 lobbies full of trolls in a row really shouldn't mean I have to wait 20 minutes to play a game.
Agreed. You should however at least know how to play 3-5 champs well and one of them can most likely be adapted tto a role you need. If not chose "easy" champs like sona, Caitlin, Ryze, Xin.

Another thing is that summoners code asks you to help out lesser players and not screw your team for your own selfishness (in more or less words). Most times the one's that ppl call "trolls" are just inexperienced players who don't like to pick characters they don't know. If you talk to these ppl calmly and ask what they would like to play and try to work out how you can help them they will not be jerks. The other half of those ppl can be dealt with easily by implementing a kick button and making them wait an hour to join another que and kicks working like reports where if you get a high amount of kicks your suspended.

Also I don't know if you or the OP is new but dodge time was 5 min with a 10 elo penalty. The community asked to remover elo loss so they did. BUT if you make the wait time 5 min with no elo loss it will be like trying to play ARAM. It will take you 20 min to find a match that starts without ppl dodging. I like the new system because it makes ppl play games they otherwise wouldn't because the team doesn't fit meta. I have won multiple games that ppl asked to dodge b4 start.

Monkeydon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

I am gonna have to agree with zbluurr on this one. The new queue is the absolute worst. Now you get these people in queue who go, "if nobody leaves i troll u in game." So you get good people who are unable to play the game because *somebody* has to dodge in order for the whole team not to lose ELO. It makes getting out of ELO hell even worse. There isn't even a freaking report function in the pick/ban screen!

Here's an idea. First, revert back to the old system of getting a minor ELO loss for dodging a game... maybe only 5 ELO though, because queue is absolutely full of trolls. Then, put a report button in the pick/ban screen. If 4 people report the person who is trolling them, the "troll" automatically gets a five-minute lockout from joining ranked games. Then, the report goes to the tribunal. This way, there are fail-safes in place for people who get falsely reported, and moreover, it is easy (but not penalty-free) to escape from a troll queue in case all else fails.

@Sam is Woah, this isn't just an issue with what is "meta" or not-- this is about ranked queue not totally sucking on the whole. There shouldn't even be such a thing as "ELO hell" and the fact that there is, aside from demonstrating how awful the community for this game is, shows great negligence from Riot.

Sam Is Whoa

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donpatrick View Post
I am gonna have to agree with zbluurr on this one. The new queue is the absolute worst. Now you get these people in queue who go, "if nobody leaves i troll u in game." So you get good people who are unable to play the game because *somebody* has to dodge in order for the whole team not to lose ELO. It makes getting out of ELO hell even worse. There isn't even a freaking report function in the pick/ban screen!

Here's an idea. First, revert back to the old system of getting a minor ELO loss for dodging a game... maybe only 5 ELO though, because queue is absolutely full of trolls. Then, put a report button in the pick/ban screen. If 4 people report the person who is trolling them, the "troll" automatically gets a five-minute lockout from joining ranked games. Then, the report goes to the tribunal. This way, there are fail-safes in place for people who get falsely reported, and moreover, it is easy (but not penalty-free) to escape from a troll queue in case all else fails.

@Sam is Woah, this isn't just an issue with what is "meta" or not-- this is about ranked queue not totally sucking on the whole. There shouldn't even be such a thing as "ELO hell" and the fact that there is, aside from demonstrating how awful the community for this game is, shows great negligence from Riot.

First off this has been bugging me for almost 15 years when I first chose this name as an AOL dial up screen name. Its spelled WHOA. Its a word used a lot in the English language yet the amount of ppl that can't spell it is amazing. This isn't a bang on you Don Patrick but a gripe in whole at the education system of the USA and the inability of ppl to spell out a word how its sounded. The word is in the dictionary and has a correct spelling. If you read woah the same as you would read whoa then there is more to worry about in this country then elo loss. Like literacy.

With that said.........I never said the only issue is meta or not but that is a big reason ppl get mad at so called "trolls". Ppl say to pick a mid and they pick Sivir you then yell at them and say they suck and are trolling. Or they say I'm top and pick Ashe and you yell causing them to get angry and play poorly. This is a big part of what ppl think are trolls because it doesn't fit meta but if you work with them and ask if they are sure they wanna do it then it will probably work out in your favor.

I ALSO SAID that that's only half the issue and sometimes there are really ppl who just want to ruin games. My solution for those was a report/kick button causing the offender to suffer the long que times. Your solution is also viable. There needs to be a chat log for the lobby in reports and there should be a kick/report button pregame.

P.S. I apologize if I offended you or anyone else in this post but I have been dealing with ppl spelling the simplest word wrong for almost 15 years. Its frustrating that people can't take less than a second to think about how a word is spelled. Sound it out and spell.