Even SR players despise Darius and want him nerfhammered.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedAlkaiser

07-12-2012

I'm only level 24 with just a few champion that I play, but I haven't really had a problem with him at all.

Vayne, Fiora, and Vladmir can take him on 1v1 fine if you're both at full hp. I've also taken down a few times with Jarvan when I don't build as tanky. I pretty much exclusively play dominion too, so I cant comment on his SR ability.

Redeemed In Fire

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAlkaiser View Post
Vayne,
If she kites right
Quote:
Fiora
With what AS?

Quote:
Vladmir
...is pretty eh on dominion, but yeah can work. Is kinda his counter.

RedAlkaiser

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
If she kites right

With what AS?
If you get a jump in with condemn, which is a lot easier I think in dominion, he's dead pretty quick.

For Fiora I usually go LS. I don't build around just one guy on their team though. If their team is heavy ad I take ninja tabi, ap or cc take mercs or something. I don't know about you, but AS seems kind of useless on Fiora. E stick and Q dash kills **** quick unless a bruiser builds really tanky, and then last whisperer just demolishes that.

Darius the kill nabber is something that annoys me slightly though, since he can last hit at a higher hp ratio than I can during teamfights.

FDru

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naoya View Post
I want to see a high elo ranked player comment on this. Imho I think Darius is very good, but not OP in competitive play. It's because he's so easy to play, its a low-skill champ character with very high reward. An average player could probably get some good doubles or triples in a normal game.

In ranked where I am at (1450+) which isn't that high at all, Darius gets fked over easily if he gets picked first, just because there are so many champs that are overlooked that counter him (ex. Kayle is a complete nightmare against Darius).

This is usually what happens,
1. Darius doesn't get banned.
2. Team gets super excited and first pick Darius
3. Other team hard counters
4. Darius loses lane easily, underfarmed, underleveled etc. (granted that both sides get equal amount of ganks in)
5. Darius get's CC'd out or just simply snared in team fights, and can't really fulfill his purpose of going for carries just because he's been under-farmed the entire game

Edit : Just realized this is the Dominion Forum, in which case Darius thrives to his full potential in Dominion and can easily come across as OP, in which I agree. However he is completely different in SR and is not really OP at all.
You won't see high elo SR ranked players complaining about him, because he's going to counterpicked by stong kiters. Doesn't work out so well in blind pick, or in Dominion where you can't ward and the map is small (so it's much harder to kite). In SR every game ends before teamfights happen so you never get an accurate idea of what's OP anyway.

Darius carries teamfights, whether it's 2v2 or 5v5, even if he fed his lane and got shut down. All because of his broken ultimate that nobody can sit here and convince me is balanced (but good luck trying).

MMKH

07-13-2012

They need to lower either the base damage or ratio on that ult IMO. Or simply make it refund part of the cooldown instead of instantly.

Redenbacher

07-13-2012

^^

Even if they lowered the base, and increased the ratio - at least he actually has to build damage items to make it more powerful... instead of stacking tanky DurrPS items while remaining incredibly relevant, damage-wise.

SaveTheMaids

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
The only SR players I see complain about Darius are the ones at low elo, where he pubstomps. Darius is massively hindered on SR by his low mana pool.
Darius feels manaless compared to Jarvan.

Even with a Frozen Heart, J4 will still go oom after a few combos, and his damage isn't even close to Darius level.

DiscworldDeath

11-17-2012

Dat necro. And almost everyone who's not an AP champ feels manaless compared to J4...

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

I never go oom on jarvan and I don't build a single mana item(on dom)

FDru

11-17-2012

Thread still relevant.