Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Auto lock

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zainiac

11-05-2012

When someone just picks a champion and locks in without discussing to the team what role he in gonna play. ALWAYS REPORT INSTALOCKER!

Youranewb

Recruiter

11-05-2012

just press lock in

Binzo

11-21-2012

Quote:
svastiKaThulhu:
Locking in is pointless and stupid. It literally accomplishes nothing.
Just to clarify this point: Riot has implemented the ability to "lock in" the champions not to prevent any others from "stealing" the one you would use (if it is selected, it is yours) but just to let the countdown to finish early when everyone is ready to play.

When I play with random teams there is always some grumpy that don't like that I "lock" a champion immediately after selecting it, but when I play with pre-made teams we all lock our champions to get quickly into the game.

If this is a problem for many players, then Riot should change the selection system and make it similar to the one of Dota 2, which has a fixed period of time before entering the game. In Dota 2 you can choose an hero in that time and even shortly after the game has started.

But right now the system is different, so I do not understand why people get angry if someone uses a legitimate feature conceived by Riot Games.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-21-2012

League of Legends DOES have a fixed time before the game, locking in just allows you to get in game quicker as a bonus. while in DoTA even if you all are ready you have to wait for that fixed time to come(if i read that last guys post right). the lock in is a bonus to get in game quicker.

OriginalJack

11-21-2012

Quote:
zainiac:
When someone just picks a champion and locks in without discussing to the team what role he in gonna play. ALWAYS REPORT INSTALOCKER!

No no no, while it might be rude and bad idea from a strategy point of view it's definitely not reportable. In fact if they call mid and lock in and then you insist on taking another champ mid with them you're actually the one in the wrong, not them.

But really just don't do it OP. It might allow you to play the champ you want but it will decreases your chances of winning overall.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-21-2012

Some people queue up with a desire to play a certain champ, and don't care if they have a less likely hood of winning they ONLY want to play that champ. If they are willing to accept the consequences then just let them auto lock in the long run "they'd" suffer more than all the people who they played with over that course of time. Shouldn't be bannable. Stepping outside of metas should be allowed as it is part of the thrill of the game. Also it is not "not communicating with the team" because the partners berating him for autolocking are failing to comply with the autolocker themselves.

Shardicus

11-21-2012

Autolocking => me dodging queue.

League is a team game. Communicate. Communication, teamwork, and a positive attitude are required.

This is why I don't solo queueueue.

Solo QQ. :|

YourBoner

12-26-2012

Quote:
Binzo:
Just to clarify this point: Riot has implemented the ability to "lock in" the champions not to prevent any others from "stealing" the one you would use (if it is selected, it is yours) but just to let the countdown to finish early when everyone is ready to play.

When I play with random teams there is always some grumpy that don't like that I "lock" a champion immediately after selecting it, but when I play with pre-made teams we all lock our champions to get quickly into the game.

If this is a problem for many players, then Riot should change the selection system and make it similar to the one of Dota 2, which has a fixed period of time before entering the game. In Dota 2 you can choose an hero in that time and even shortly after the game has started.

But right now the system is different, so I do not understand why people get angry if someone uses a legitimate feature conceived by Riot Games.

we all know what lock in is for, but most games especially the random ones, it doesnt really help much. yea if ur premade of a 5v5 that is great. but because lock in is part of the reason why LoL has such a bad community (trust me, it affects it). i suggest getting rid of it or only use it for certain campaigns. i heard 5v5s are matched up with other 5v5s. so have that and ai vs coops do the lock in. if there is at least 1 person out of the loop, no lock in. if their code does not allow that modification, then get rid of it entirely. the benefits of locking in is overshadowed by its negative effect towards this game.

Unrelenting9

12-26-2012

Well, the thing is, if someone only knows how to play one champion, then making them choose another will hurt the team in the short run, and even in the long run if they are too obstinate to take the hint and learn to play other champs. Still, people should learn to play a variety of champions and not just one, because then the game becomes what it should be-strategy, not champion hogging and the same thing over and over.

djd1999

Recruiter

02-26-2013

Quote:
zainiac:

report intsa locking are you kidding? I was once reported for not leashing blue even though the whole damn team was there. and i was taking a piss afk for the first 2:00