How do u not rage at bad players?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MangoDown

07-08-2012

I just played a game with..well for the most part "terrible team mates" (somehow got stuck with level 7's) anyways the amount of bad decisions they made agitated me, nevertheless I was stuck in a carrying position with nautilus and giving out pointers and help to the "less" experianced player.

Tldr: When League gives you team mates try to make the best of the situation. Improve your skills while trying to help your team instead of yellin..er trying angry commnet or lude remarks

Sephrinx

07-08-2012

I don't refrain from doing so. I let loose the cannon of abuse that is my inner soul and let them know a fury of which hell hath no.

KnightxSScarlett

07-08-2012

Here is the trick:

1. Remember that you cannot punch people through the internet no matter how hard you try.
2. Remember that was has happened cannot be changed. At most, you can prepare them for the next game by helping them with this one.
3. Breathe in through the nose - Hold it - Breath out through the mouth. (Those of you that watch my stream will notice me doing that several times)

In time, you will be able to stay relatively cool-headed as things happen. But in the end, you gotta remember that it's a game. You lose, no big deal. You win, no big deal.

TeknoWizard

07-08-2012

I remember that for the first ten levels I built AP Garen with 6 Needlessly Large Rods, because I thought Garen looked cool, and so did the NLRs.

Which makes them not look so bad.

RoERedemption

07-08-2012

clearly with that attitude you do not need to be playing ranked, i've had games where i had 0/11 sona, and you wanna know what? i kept a positive attitude and we all tried our best to win the game anyway. its called not taking it too far and realizing you win some and you lose some, and oh ****ing well if you lose some, if you know how to play and work with people you will get that ELO back.

ScarlettSarcasm

07-08-2012

You remind yourself that it's a game, and that it's entirely for fun and doesn't matter in the real world.
Also, that raging doesn't do anything except get you into the Tribunal.

Brandon12332

07-08-2012

Step one: Remember that it's just a game.
Step two: Remember that games are for fun.
Step three: Tape you fingers together so you can't type.

MoreMedz

07-08-2012

In all seriousness, I am somewhat puzzled as to what the OP truly expects in an answer to his query.

By way of example, if someone yells at you on the street, you can choose to walk away, to respond back or to retaliate (with disproportionate violence if you so desire). However, not all your responses will be justified morally and/or legally. Where your response is of a violent or otherwise illegal nature, the law will intervene, and having so breached the law, you will have no acceptable justification to your actions in that context.

The same thing happens in League of Legends and all other social groups. You can choose to voice your thoughts, to ignore the player or even to report the player in some instances. The consequence of each is clear. Saying what you feel is fine, but if you overdo it, you will land yourself on the wrong side of the Tribunal.

At the end of the day, only you can decide whether or not you will rage at your fellow players. While there are certainly techniques to help you to control your emotions, the reality is that the act of raging at other people is a conscious choice. As adults, we have to face these choices and their consequences each day - it is all on us.

We can neither condone, nor condemn you. If you believe that the other players are bad and deserving of being yelled at, then you will likely not stop; if you recognise that you lose nothing by walking away from those players, then you will likely have done it already. Do you want to be in the same former group or latter group? It is a choice that you can make without assistance.

What do you want us to do for you?

Hidden Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-09-2012

I try to give em advice and tips on how to improve their current situation. Of course there will always be the bunch that do nothing but shout obscenities at any attempt to communicate with them, but that's what ignore and report are for.

As for the ones that do listen, try to coordinate your team - pick up their slack, call mias if they miss it- direct team pushes or group objectives. Basically take on a role as the teams leader.

Cherbui

07-09-2012

I try to be helpful for them, and I also try to carry the game as much as I can.

If you can't carry them, you aren't that much better.

Also I try to not be 7.