i hate the matching system..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrkEua

07-08-2012

im just lv15 but mathcing with lv30s...

i hate this

cant win vs lv30 for mastery and runes...

DiscworldDeath

07-08-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2323766

Check these threads.

Either your normal Elo is too high, or they premade with sub level 30s.

BearNation

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

at this point - me too

Just finished a game of Dominion. I have 349 Dominion wins (very few Classic wins).
Here are the Dominion Win totals of my teammates:

We are all level 30, but in the end, Dominion and Classic are dramatically ifferant & the matchmaking system should get that.

The matchmaking system should break out and give more weight to Dominion wins first.

I am tired of people with under 100 dominion wins trying to order everyone around like they know all about Dominion. They don't it's a differant game from Classic & I am sure they have lots of Classic experiance under their belt, but that does not translate too much.

Oh, my opponants:

the fact they had three people with significant Dominion wins really showed in that game.

Dominion wins when matchmaking for Dominion should count for more then almost anything else.

DiscworldDeath

07-08-2012

Number of wins has nothing to do with matchmaking, it only takes into account your hidden Elo (matchmaking rating), premade status, and level.

Think about Ranked, there are 800 Elo players with a thousand wins, and there are 2k Elo players with 50 wins. Lyte answers this a dozen times in his matchmaking mega-thread.

BearNation

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Number of wins has nothing to do with matchmaking, it only takes into account your hidden Elo (matchmaking rating), premade status, and level.

Think about Ranked, there are 800 Elo players with a thousand wins, and there are 2k Elo players with 50 wins. ....
Alright, that is fine, but if the Elo used in Dominion is heavily influanced by Classic matches, then this is the result --> bad matchmaking.

It would be like taking Elo from Chess and applying it to Dominion. Maybe there is some aspect one should take from Chess, but Dominion is such a differant game, you really should start with a differant Elo/system.

Quote:
Lyte answers this a dozen times in his matchmaking mega-thread.
What thread? You mentioned multiple earlier & link to one that has pratically nothing in it & not "dozen times" answers.

Insanus

07-08-2012

DiscworldDeath,

I always respect your opinion because you are knowledgeable and level headed (never seen you rage or troll and you constantly are playing mediator). However, I think you are wrong here. My last game I was queued with two friends (we are all lvl 30 with 1700-1750 elo when it was rehidden and over 300 wins) and we got queued with another premade that was lvl 11 and lvl 30. Both had 0 dominion wins. The other team had all 30s and all had over 300 wins except for one who had 86 wins. You can't tell me this is working correctly. Majority of the other team are people I play against all the time so they have to have similar elo. To me, there is no reason for three 1700 elos to be queued with two guys that don't have a win in Dominion. No one is going to enjoy that game.

Insanus

07-08-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2325120

In another game referenced in this post, I was Duo queued with a friend. 0, 0, and 2 wins were our teammates. AWESOME. I saw that friend playing SR today...

DiscworldDeath

07-08-2012

1. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...12666#22712666 This is Lyte's mega matchmaking thread. I simply linked to a thread where this very same thing had been brought up a couple of days ago; search is one's friend, or we end with endless threads on the same issues.

2. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...26302#26426302 Here he addresses the issue of working on sub-30s meeting level 30 players.

3. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...35681#25635681 Here is a comment about # of wins as relating to % of winning.

4. BearNation, the normal Elo for Dominion is separate from the one used for SR/TT. When you begin playing Dominion, you have "placement matches", and you come to the board with a clean slate of Elo, and play against and with mostly other people who are new or who are close to the beginning Elo levels (between 1,150 and 1,400).

5. Insanus, when you go into queue and how many other people are in it also play a part. I've shared a match link 2 months ago, where I was part of a 5 man premade, our lowest Elo was 1 player at 1750 or so, and most were 1900-2050. The enemy team had 5 1750 Elo players.
Also, the longer you spend in queue, the more matchmaking stretches, and sometimes it breaks rather than bend.

BearNation

07-09-2012

Quote:
1. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...12666#22712666 This is Lyte's mega matchmaking thread. I simply linked to a thread where this very same thing had been brought up a couple of days ago; search is one's friend, or we end with endless threads on the same issues.

4. BearNation, the normal Elo for Dominion is separate from the one used for SR/TT. When you begin playing Dominion, you have "placement matches", and you come to the board with a clean slate of Elo, and play against and with mostly other people who are new or who are close to the beginning Elo levels (between 1,150 and 1,400).
Thanks for the links. It is a very large thread.

I know why I could not find it --- it's not in the Dominion area.

It also seems to only be talking about Classic, or at least empahsising it. I'm sure they have said somewhere that Elo for Dominion is sperate, but you did not link to that. I don't even know what board to look in for that info? Dominion (the one I've been looking and using search on), Classic, SR, General ... etc?

I would expect it to be in Dominion, but have found nothing through my searches.

It seems that the Elo system is often not working in my favor, might be due to the time of day I am playing or something. I would like to be playing with people who know about dominion & seems I am well too often that is not the case.

---- From later ---
I started reading this thread and this specific post seems to indicate there is only one Elo, used both all games (granted, it's about 5 months old, so I might find something differant:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...33501#21033501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Separate tweaks for the Elo systems for Dominion and Twisted Treeline is something I am interested in; I need more data, but my gut is that there could be some independent tweaks to just Dominion or Twisted Treeline Elo systems that can help.

otirruborez

07-09-2012

dom elo is separate from sr elo.

not long ago you could get your elo for both.