Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Should there be matchmaking for ARAM Proving Ground?

Yes 20931 92.16%
No 1219 5.37%
Huh? 561 2.47%
Voters 22712 .

Petition for Proving Ground ARAM Matchmaking.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

akaRaven

Senior Member

07-08-2012

Quote:
DreamsOfGrandeur:
No.



Half the reason why ARAM is fun is that you give up control over your picks - So you can just play the game and quit thinking about picks.
A part of that is you typically don't know the real-normal ELO of your teammates, so you can quit thinking about having a good team to rely on and focus on yourself.

Match-making would kill that part - Raging levels per game would increase dramatically, and it would stop being as fun as it should be.
If it doesn't involve matching ELOs, then the game becomes susceptible to absolute newbies entering the game - Nobody wants that.

People would stop playing it in customs, Riot wouldn't remove the queue once in-place, and the community would lose out on total relative "fun".


Matchmaking may sound convenient, but there are subtle consequences that would destroy ARAM's appeal.

ARAM belongs to the community - That's why Proving Grounds is custom-only. Don't let Matchmaking fck it up.


Why do I bother explaining? The noobs don't care about how things actually work.
They just want things as convenient as possible - No matter how much it costs them.


Take out the 'Elo' and just have random next 10 people matched together.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fat Mchugelarge

Senior Member

07-08-2012

Quote:
DreamsOfGrandeur:
No.



Half the reason why ARAM is fun is that you give up control over your picks - So you can just play the game and quit thinking about picks.
A part of that is you typically don't know the real-normal ELO of your teammates, so you can quit thinking about having a good team to rely on and focus on yourself.

Match-making would kill that part - Raging levels per game would increase dramatically, and it would stop being as fun as it should be.
If it doesn't involve matching ELOs, then the game becomes susceptible to absolute newbies entering the game - Nobody wants that.

People would stop playing it in customs, Riot wouldn't remove the queue once in-place, and the community would lose out on total relative "fun".


Matchmaking may sound convenient, but there are subtle consequences that would destroy ARAM's appeal.

ARAM belongs to the community - That's why Proving Grounds is custom-only. Don't let Matchmaking fck it up.


Why do I bother explaining? The noobs don't care about how things actually work.
They just want things as convenient as possible - No matter how much it costs them.



Agreed. Even without ranking, matchmaking will turn it into some ridiculous Esport with a whole bunch of trolls and ragers complaining about some stupid metagame or "you have to do this or that of your suck." No thank you; please just keep it to the community in custom games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gloriousagia

Senior Member

07-08-2012

Quote:
TheFailBus:
As long as the community dont start making a bloody ARAM meta. I dont know how thatd work, but the moment people start going "OMG NOOB I CANT BELIEVE YOU DIDNT START BOOTS 20 HEALTH POTS" or something the fun will be gone.

good idea though, get tired of scanning customs and getting "this game is now full" messages.


I doubt it would ever get like that. The way it's played kind of lends itself to a light hearted blood bath.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gloriousagia

Senior Member

07-08-2012

Quote:
Fat Mchugelarge:
Agreed. Even without ranking, matchmaking will turn it into some ridiculous Esport with a whole bunch of trolls and ragers complaining about some stupid metagame or "you have to do this or that of your suck." No thank you; please just keep it to the community in custom games.


The "community" uses matchmaking too. This doesn't even make logical sense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

krpy

Recruiter

07-08-2012

sign


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gloriousagia

Senior Member

07-08-2012

Quote:
akaRaven:
Take out the 'Elo' and just have random next 10 people matched together.


Yeah, exactly. Lots of assumptions by people in the thread. Matchmaking isn't some cut and dry process. There is ranked matchmaking, there is skill based, etc... the matchmaking for ARAM can easily just be based on the queue and nothing else, or whatever.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrKitten

Senior Member

07-08-2012

Its already more popular then twisted treeline.

Signed MrKitten


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dantaeus

Member

07-08-2012

/signed
i hope to god they implement this


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Masochist

Senior Member

07-08-2012

slash signed

Quote:
Why do I bother explaining? The noobs don't care about how things actually work.
They just want things as convenient as possible - No matter how much it costs them.


Because, of course, The Proving Grounds would cease to exist in custom games. Much like The Summoner's Rift.

People usually keep people of their own level in the games anyway. Make it level based. 30's are matched with 30's, everyone else is matched with everyone else proportionally.

Bam.

Zero reason to be against this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fdf

Senior Member

07-08-2012

considering there is only one lane, shouldnt it just be called AR?