Jungle Jayce

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skyhiro

07-07-2012

Has anyone been trying as hard for this to work as I have?

What runes/masteries do you use?

So far it seems that AD marks and Quints, armor seals, and mag resist per level glyphs work the best. I think 9/21/0 is best for jungling as well.

I typically start with W, then level Q so I can harass people/ slow more on the gank.

Looking forward to hearing some responses on this.

EKO Frozen

07-07-2012

I found that my ganks are useless unless i max my Q first, however I get a faster start with W first into maxing Q. just the normal jungle page you would use for any tanky dps jungler is sufficient for jayce.
also, maxing Q first gives me the additional utility of throwing my acceleration gate combo right before I gank, giving me a stronger speed boost and some much needed dps. lvl 4 and up his ganks are very strong, however i find his lvl 2 and 3 ganks to be too soft for use. hope this was of some use to ya

Skyhiro

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetsfan1995 View Post
I found that my ganks are useless unless i max my Q first, however I get a faster start with W first into maxing Q. just the normal jungle page you would use for any tanky dps jungler is sufficient for jayce.
also, maxing Q first gives me the additional utility of throwing my acceleration gate combo right before I gank, giving me a stronger speed boost and some much needed dps. lvl 4 and up his ganks are very strong, however i find his lvl 2 and 3 ganks to be too soft for use. hope this was of some use to ya
I also throw the acceleration gate and hit with the Q on my way into a gank. Are you running smite/exhaust as well?

YoloBadger

07-08-2012

< I play Jayce top lane, ive been doing VERY good with him using this build -
Boots + 3 Health pots
Sheen
Merc treads
Trinity
Last whisper
Randuins
Maw of Malmortius
One last item for either damage or defense

This build really works because get damage early game, and when the teamfights start, you can stay alive with the defense you build

EKO Frozen

07-08-2012

i just build him the same way i would build jax or irelia
Playing him bot lane he can be played either with a raw adc or an ez/corki build

EKO Frozen

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhiro View Post
I also throw the acceleration gate and hit with the Q on my way into a gank. Are you running smite/exhaust as well?
i always run smite flash, it might make my ganks somewhat weaker but i find that the flash saves my bacon multiple times per game