Merging Ranked with Normal's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphaLegionaire

07-07-2012

We know there are a lot of people complaining about Ranked and how it's **** and we are all seemingly stuck in Elo hell, personally i'll agree with this, mainly because only half the player in LoL will actually play the Ranked option, for some reason the very high majority of people who actually play ranked are the one's who get mad at everything, don't like to cooperate and are usually all round bad player's, those who don't are really good player's to play with, but would rather not put up with the **** from ranked. what I don't get is why even bother having it up anyway? all it does is give ragers and overcompetitive people a chance to ruin games and make player's like me just question its existence, why not just merge ranked with normals, not only then do you get to enjoy the full community and not just the agro players in the low elo, but trolls and bad people will be much less of a chance, with this you weed out the bad players, hidden amongst the many good one's it's a case of the minority ruining it for the majority, games will be more intense and probably alot closer matches rather than in ranked atm the dominant team is apparent before 10mins. This way everyone will finally get the chance to have good gmaes, ranked is all about luck of the draw, all comes down to what team got the feeders and what team didn't.
all i really want is for there to be a much friendlier ranked option besides 5v5's where i can join a game that has something on he line (elo) and know that im going to join a game i'll enjoy and not say to myself in champ select, well, there's another loss. by taking the option of ranked and merging the stats for games and the making the normal games elo your score, makes everyone play the same field, make the chances of even games much higer, trolls will have much more difficulty ruining it, and possibly make the community more inviting.

Toxygen

07-07-2012

Normal has ELO too, you just can't see it.

demonicmonkeys

07-07-2012

How bout you just play normals or queue with friends... Ranked is for people who want to be more competitive, normals are for player who don't care about Elo. Anytime you put a number on something that shows how well people play, people naturally get competitive- that's just the way people's minds work. I understand why you want this, but it's not a good idea and very few people would like it.

AlphaLegionaire

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonicmonkeys View Post
How bout you just play normals or queue with friends... Ranked is for people who want to be more competitive, normals are for player who don't care about Elo. Anytime you put a number on something that shows how well people play, people naturally get competitive- that's just the way people's minds work. I understand why you want this, but it's not a good idea and very few people would like it.
yeah, you are right, thankyou for your input. (:
don't get me wrong though, I like to play competitive, just ranked isn't competitive, it's angry.

Tremkl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaLegionaire View Post
yeah, you are right, thankyou for your input. (:
don't get me wrong though, I like to play competitive, just ranked isn't competitive, it's angry.
Do you think it would be less angry if people were forced to do it? >.>