[Too much time] Proof showing jungle Tryndamere is best w/ attackspeed runes + dagger

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrDragun

10-27-2010

Attached is a spreadsheet which attempts to compare attack speed versus crit chance marks, and brawler's gloves versus dagger, on a level 1 jungle Tryndamere with typical masteries. Please let me know if you find any math mistakes. Elixir of Agility or Cloth armor were not considered because this is comparing DPS.

This sheet comes to the conclusion that the best combo for maximum DPS is BOTH attack speed picks - attack speed marks and the dagger starting item. This is due to several factors: higher IAS will better leverage whatever stacks of Q you can put on, the effect of gaining stacks of Q from crit items is diminished due to getting free stacks from minion kills and boosted crit from low health.

The output statistic of this chart is DPS at a given point in time, which varies with time due to a probability for Tryndamere to gain stacks of his Q. This was analyzed at 3 different levels of health: 80%, 50%, and 20% (gaining 10%, 25%, and 40% crit respectively).

As with any analysis there are a few fudge variables. The biggest of these is free stacks from minion kills. In this analysis, I gave 2 free stacks for the first minion kill of a camp, then the rest of the analysis is only gaining stacks from crits. Of course, really you would gain more from minion kills and this pushes the advantage towards attack speed EVEN MORE. Also some variables are excluded (such as damage boost from Havoc, or enemy armor reduction) because these variables are the same for all choices.

What is particularly surprising is the expected number of stacks per second of time (this is the biggest effect on his heals). With nothing but pure attack speed and dagger, the number of stacks only trails by about 15% compared to taking crit runes and brawlers.

The statistical methods for this chart are simply taking average probabilities, so results will vary with the random number generator

Grand Pryce

10-27-2010

In conclusion ?

Why should tryndamere run this setup ?

A) to jungle faster or B) because he achieves maximum performance...

DrDragun

10-27-2010

The dps portion of jungling would run about 20% faster with the pure attack speed picks compared to the pure crit picks at level 1. This only allows 1 health pot for jungling, so if you want to hedge your bets, then AS runes and brawlers gloves allows you some AS but 2 potions to start. The items are debatable, but pretty universally the attackspeed runes are better. This analysis was for Level 1, so further away at levels 4-5 the effects may change somewhat, but by that point you have finished your Zeal or started buying pieces of Infinity.

Redenbacher

10-27-2010

Interesting - what about ArPen?

Chakki

10-27-2010

In conclusion, cloth armor or green pot are still both superior.

DrDragun

10-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekyzz View Post
In conclusion, cloth armor or green pot are still both superior.
What do you make cloth into? I agree Green Elixir might make you have +0.5 levels due to faster jungling, but the dagger or brut gloves places you 1/3 of the way toward completing your Zeal or Ghostblade. Is the extra half level worth it to make your first gank itemless? Maybe.

LogJammin

10-27-2010

I go Crit reds, Flat Armor yellow, and flat CDR blue w/ crit quints. I jungle perfect every time on him, with brawlers gloves and 1-2hp pots.

Sethik

Master Recruiter

12-25-2010

What about for jungling trynde without any runes? Or for someone at level 10?

Ebonclaw

12-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethik View Post
What about for jungling trynde without any runes? Or for someone at level 10?
What about, no?

Okay, try this for a no rune level 10 guide. Buy whatever, it doesn't matter. Go and kill the mini-golems camp. Recall to heal. Go and kill Wraiths. Recall to heal. Keep this up for about 30 minutes, or until you reach level 6, which should be around that time - now you are ready to gank!

Decklan

12-27-2010

So whats the build for this? Attack Speed Marks/seals/glphys/quints and both attack speed masteries from offense and defense? I'd like to know as I kinda wanna start jungling as trynd, in practice mode first of course!