If you believe turtling is an issue, you're doing it wrong.

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS148a223fc86b1c4fb2104

Senior Member

07-10-2012

And if enemy team isn't stupid they'll just farm the waves without overextending, but slow enough to keep their inhib pushed from time to time.
In the end they get less farm but sometimes that's still enough to defend the last tower (and this is one of the reason Singed or Irelia really are broken in 3v3).
Being forced to not push while you stomp enemy team is an issue, now matter how you take it.

btw you should stop jungling and switch to the AD+supp top meta, it ruins jungle 100%


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseEU View Post
And if enemy team isn't stupid they'll just farm the waves without overextending, but slow enough to keep their inhib pushed from time to time.
In the end they get less farm but sometimes that's still enough to defend the last tower (and this is one of the reason Singed or Irelia really are broken in 3v3).
Being forced to not push while you stomp enemy team is an issue, now matter how you take it.

btw you should stop jungling and switch to the AD+supp top meta, it ruins jungle 100%
Yeah... zoning 1 person stop a jungler
kkk


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS148a223fc86b1c4fb2104

Senior Member

07-10-2012

You zone him, while jungler desperatly tries to farm with the top jungle because his red is warded, his top side buff is warded in bush, and his toplane is not even worth ganking (try to gank a carrry+nunu with heal & exhaust).

The point of a jungler is to put pressure on lanes and to have a sololane.
With riot patches, having a sololane isnt even an advantage anymore (you get lvl 9 while duolane gets lvl 8.2, nice), and "pressure" is non existent when there is absolutely 0 chance to die on a gank. And I'm not even talking about the cases where support takes smite.

Except for Shaco Lee and maybe Shyv this role should be totally abandoned (and Nunu but he's more of a roamer in this case).

Having an AD range champ is also a good solution to the turtling issue E1C was talking about, since in lategame it can melt the tower's health pretty fast without taking as much risks as a bruiser.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WillWW

Senior Member

07-10-2012

Yeah when I know an inhib turrets going down, I normally just tell my team to let them take the inhib too. Most of the time I get called stupid and get told learn how to play or something.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-10-2012

I wish more people would read these things

I tried to explain this in game the other night and it was like telling a 5 year old why they can't have a ****ing beer :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chezbayou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
I wish more people would read these things

I tried to explain this in game the other night and it was like telling a 5 year old why they can't have a ****ing beer :/
Because they would die of alcohol poisoning.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lizto

Senior Member

07-10-2012

It depends on how strong you are but if you manage to get both inhibitors and pressure them when they try to kite each wave into their fountain they will have to let go and you can land some nice damage on the nexus turret and sometimes even take it down.

I agree with OP for the most part but theres one thing that I disagree with, the only reason you dont take inhibitors down is cause yes they can farm, but its not like you cant farm more, you do actually farm more than them by taking inhibs down, you can still farm the minions that spawn from their nexus, and you can farm the jungle, especially dragon, which is worth alot... the reason and only reason is that you are letting them farm while you cant end the game, so while you wait wave after wave with your build maxed, the enemy is still steadily gaining gold and waiting for a chance to comeback.

TLDR: By taking down inhibs you still get more gold than them, but they can atleast farm safely, and you cant end the game; what you really want to do is for them to venture off into the map looking for farm, catch one, end the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goggris

Senior Member

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseEU View Post
You zone him, while jungler desperatly tries to farm with the top jungle because his red is warded, his top side buff is warded in bush, and his toplane is not even worth ganking (try to gank a carrry+nunu with heal & exhaust).
.
Except there are plenty of champs that can handle a 2v1 and farm with ease. Yorick. Morgana. Kennen. Many more.

Meanwhile, you've got 2 people top, NOT zoning the 1 top, splitting the measly lane minions forcing 1 champ to be severely underfarmed, or two champs to be mediocrely underfarmed. The jungler can apply huge pressure to bottom lane, and any time one of the top goes to deal with a jungler (who will be even levels with them) the top lane now has an advantage over the one you left up top.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS148a223fc86b1c4fb2104

Senior Member

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggris View Post
Except there are plenty of champs that can handle a 2v1 and farm with ease. Yorick. Morgana. Kennen. Many more.

Meanwhile, you've got 2 people top, NOT zoning the 1 top, splitting the measly lane minions forcing 1 champ to be severely underfarmed, or two champs to be mediocrely underfarmed. The jungler can apply huge pressure to bottom lane, and any time one of the top goes to deal with a jungler (who will be even levels with them) the top lane now has an advantage over the one you left up top.
Except the support + AD actually goes and ruins top for obvious reasons... And as good as Yorick or Morg sustain are, they still can't run a good solo vs2 situation against agressive support + AD (because ofc thats not Soraka Ashe). You're platinum so you must be aware that if in 5v5 we never see a solobot (or it fails miserably like HSGG's Cho or that Irelia guy last year) there is a reason.
While the carry gets full farm and controls most of the jungle with his supp, the enemy top is underfarmed, the jungle is underfarmed (especially when I look at your tier list with Mundo and Riven jungle tier1..). The only "weakness" is the lack of farm from support, but as you probably know this isn't a problem for Ali/Leona/Nunu etc.
Dominating top means winning game because you control the 90% of the map that goes with it. The map in totally centered on its top-half and that is why having 2 picks that can't fight ad+supp is a mistake. Also as I stated the extra xp for sololane is nearly nothing, do the test by yourself and you will have at best 1 level more than duolane, which is nothing in 3v3.

The jungler can't pressure the bottom at all. A simple ward at red prevents 90% of ganks, and if he decides to camp bot he'll just end up being even more underfarmed than the average jungler and lose top buffs or even drake.

I'm not just projecting, that is how the whole top 50 teams play in EU server, and the jungle meta is now quite outdated. It took a while to take place, but honestly we all knew something like that was going to happen the day we saw the jungle "rework" that killed 3v3 jungle.

AD carry+ supp + APbot; ADofftank + supp + AP bot; AD carry + supp + ADofftank bot (quite rare because of balance between AD&AP damage) are the 3 "metas" we can see.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lorthix

Senior Member

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseEU View Post
Except the support + AD actually goes and ruins top for obvious reasons... And as good as Yorick or Morg sustain are, they still can't run a good solo vs2 situation against agressive support + AD (because ofc thats not Soraka Ashe). You're platinum so you must be aware that if in 5v5 we never see a solobot (or it fails miserably like HSGG's Cho or that Irelia guy last year) there is a reason.
While the carry gets full farm and controls most of the jungle with his supp, the enemy top is underfarmed, the jungle is underfarmed (especially when I look at your tier list with Mundo and Riven jungle tier1..). The only "weakness" is the lack of farm from support, but as you probably know this isn't a problem for Ali/Leona/Nunu etc.
Dominating top means winning game because you control the 90% of the map that goes with it. The map in totally centered on its top-half and that is why having 2 picks that can't fight ad+supp is a mistake. Also as I stated the extra xp for sololane is nearly nothing, do the test by yourself and you will have at best 1 level more than duolane, which is nothing in 3v3.

The jungler can't pressure the bottom at all. A simple ward at red prevents 90% of ganks, and if he decides to camp bot he'll just end up being even more underfarmed than the average jungler and lose top buffs or even drake.

I'm not just projecting, that is how the whole top 50 teams play in EU server, and the jungle meta is now quite outdated. It took a while to take place, but honestly we all knew something like that was going to happen the day we saw the jungle "rework" that killed 3v3 jungle.

AD carry+ supp + APbot; ADofftank + supp + AP bot; AD carry + supp + ADofftank bot (quite rare because of balance between AD&AP damage) are the 3 "metas" we can see.
I completely disagree with this. We've had people go 2 top, 1 bottom and zone out our top laner pretty well but all they have to do is miss a single wave and farm at their turret. Competent people with a good champion have no problem 2v1. Last night we had Nunu/Jax top combo against us and while it hurt in the beginning we still out leveled them and won because of jungling.


123456 ... 7