ITT: Random Pro-tips by YOU!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pancakezomg

05-20-2011

Pro-tip=wards
wards not only give you map awareness they also can help you gank people wandering around alone. wards also help you defend neutral monsters that can give a team a big advantage e.x. dragon and baron and buff monsters. but thats not all, wards allow you to counter some characters abilities examples are: rammus when he uses his ball you can place a ward in front of his path to stop him in his tracks. this trick works on many champs it works on:
rammus and his Q ability, amumu and his Q ability, blitz crank and his grab, morgana and her bind, and many other abilities to come thats pretty dang good for only 75 gold each

Scryfire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2011

This is a very minor little trick I have figured out:

Requires: teleport summoner spell

When you cast teleport on a minion it makes it unable to attack or move but also invulnerable. So if your minions are alone, pushing a tower, and you want to get there to finish the tower, teleport to u minion that is being hit by the tower so that the other minions can continue to attack and you will get there before any other minions die.

Killzerz

CrabGuy

06-18-2011

Blitzcrank Tips

Level overdrive first, especially if you're going with AD in mind. A grab will serve its main purpose well whether it's level 1 or 5. And powerfist only has a reduced CD.

When pursuing an enemy
Some may be quite cautious of the fact that you're Blitzcrank, and they might start doing circles and/or dodging from side to side, thinking theyre all clever. If they do this, overdrive and powerfist them in the face, then run back slightly while they fall back down to earth and grab, they can't dodge if they're popped up >

Laning with someone who has a stun or a slow is deadly, especially if you're getting pushed back into your tower. Also take note on who has flash on their team, if you grab an enemy into your tower and exhaust them, but then they flash away, thats just a waste of exhaust

Bait with your passive

CrabGuy

06-18-2011

Blitzcrank Tips

Level overdrive first, especially if you're going with AD in mind. A grab will serve its main purpose well whether it's level 1 or 5. And powerfist only has a reduced CD.

When pursuing an enemy
Some may be quite cautious of the fact that you're Blitzcrank, and they might start doing circles and/or dodging from side to side, thinking theyre all clever. If they do this, overdrive and powerfist them in the face, then run back slightly while they fall back down to earth and grab, they can't dodge if they're popped up

Laning with someone who has a stun or a slow is deadly, especially if you're getting pushed back into your tower. Also take note on who has flash on their team, if you grab an enemy into your tower and exhaust them, but then they flash away, thats just a waste of exhaust

Bait with your passive

Archaeon6455

06-26-2011

When using Dark Binding try and use the outer part of the cursor to hit enemies who are hanging out around minions. The hitbox is fairly large and so at times minions tend to block the shot. In addition, if you're midding against a mage or champ with disables don't be afraid to spam your Black Shield, it's essentially a Ragnarok that helps shrug off champs who use disables to try and keep you away.

P.S: Black Shield also works great against certain ranged champs who have disables! (Ashe's ultimate and Miss Fortune's Make It Rain come readily to mind)

Hope this helped

iP1ayJarvan

06-26-2011

Master yi: wards save your life. If you ward neutral camps, you can alpha strike over the wall at the monster and escape. An ally with Clairvoyance can assist you as well.

When using a caster nuke, setting a set of keys to smartcast is a good idea. Not shift+q, w, e or r but set it to a different row (i use z, x, c, v). you don't fumble around with the shift key when trying to kill someone, you flash and unload all in less than a second. It does take practice to get used to though, and you will occasionally set off your ult on a minion, but it happens less and less with more practice.

For people using item actives, placing the item in slot one and rebinding the key for item slot 1 to 'T' makes it a lot less of a hassle to use when you need it. E.g, Master yi with a youmuu's only needs to press ERT then right click someone, can be used with other items as well. (credits to the writer of one of the top 2 olaf guides on leaguecraft, sorry i forgot your name :/ )

(more to come if i can think of any)

Jazz Bat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2011

As Shaco, use Hallucinate or Decieve to doge incoming particles / ranged attacks.

GeneralStan

06-26-2011

Anivia: You can use your wall to trap the golem next to the wall so you can grab blue bluff while taking minimal damage

Nommadd

06-26-2011

Well I haven't played DoTa in a long while and played HoN till the testing was over. Im playing LoL now and although it was a little weird to get accustomed to, my advice to beginners is be open to advice and tips given to you by pros. Even with my prior knowledge of DoTa etc, when Im starting to play a similar game such as LoL I consider my self a complete noob. This way you'll be open to the game mechanics, working, champions etc and be a better friendlier player overtime.