ITT: Random Pro-tips by YOU!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celevra

01-17-2010

As Poppy. Get Magic Pen.

Playing against poppy. Get Magic Resistance.

Thats right, Devastating blow is magic damage!

Loustic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2010

Quote:
General:
You can teleport to tibbers, mushrooms, or humdinger's turrets.
Even better: you can tp on wards.

Have a teammate (idealy people like Eve, Twisted Fate...) plant a ward in a bush behind enemy lines and gank them from behind, toward your turrets.
Can also be useful to finish/rekill the inhibitor when the teams are balanced and you can't reach it after killing all the creeps because by the time you reach it, all enemy team is waiting for you.

And a previously written, subject of tp is invulnerable. Good to know: if Heimer is killed while you are teleporting on the turret, the turret will remain.

Premonitious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2010

As Veigor, if you see someone teleporting on a nearby creep use dark matter on them. They'll really thank you for it if you time it right :-D

TitanCoeus

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy the Spork View Post
Blitzcrank's Rocket Grab pulls the target to where Blitzcrank is, not to where Blitzcrank was standing when he cast the spell. this means that Blitzcrank can cast Rocket Grab and then Flash into a tower, over a wall, etc, to give his Rocket Grab a little extra distance.

wish i'd discovered this back when flash had a 1000 range.
Extremely useful. However, once the fist connects with the target, the location they are dragged to is determined. What this means is you need to flash BEFORE the fist connects. If you flash after it connects, you are flashing AWAY from the person you hooked (the exact opposite of what you want to do).

Henlin

01-19-2010

When playing Veigar remember his passive (entropy) steals nearby champion's ability power. Use this to your advantage if you are playing against eve/twitch. Note your own AP and anytime it sky rockets start running away or better yet have your stun prepared so you can light those sneaky *******s up!

Secret Santana

01-19-2010

1) Early game laning, don't walk up to the creeps and start whacking away, instead ONLY last hit. I estimate 90% of my lanemates do this, ruining the hard work I spend harrasing/setting up a gank. When you whack away you push the lane into the enemy tower, making ganks and denying impossible. You also accomplish nothing. You get nothing for "damage dealt" only "kills".

2) Buy health potions! I cry a little when I see a solo mid buy a 400 gold item... and nothing else. Are they SO elite that they don't take damage and an extra 70 gold will push them over the limit? No, no one is. I typically buy health potions up to level 10-12, they're just that good.

Xyirx

01-19-2010

Sorry for the long post. I copy it from my post in this thread http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=48199

-----------
JANNA TANK SUPPORT TIPS

Janna is quite a bad farmer unless you level Howling Gale as her first priority. Another alternative to farm better is to use low level Eye of the Storm to give you extra damage to last hit.

Use Howling Gale once in a while (don't spam) to keep your enemies away from last hitting, and save it when you're trying to focus someone for kills in early game.

By leveling up Zephyr early in game, you're most likely to contribute assists/kills for your friends early. As support build, I suggest you to max this first (after 1 level of HG). Plus, it boosts your movement speed as well.

You don't have to hesitate to check the brush before minions have spawned. You can quickly drop a tornado, running along the brush and quickly turn away to dodge their attacks/snare if they do. Usually, enemies will get out of brush to avoid your HG damage or turn back for a while. If they want to remain in the brush, fine....They gotta take some damage for that.

Janna's role is to bring that turret in your lane down asap. Whenever you've got 1 level of eye, some creeps, and there's no stun/taunt/snare enemy nearby, you can always shield yourself and attack turret. If there's 1 enemy guarding the turret, you can always attack 1-2 hit the turret and quickly escape from turret. Soon, they won't realize that turrets have only 500 HP left. In case your lane partner is ranged and has better attack power/attack speed, you can shield him or her instead.

When chasing slowed enemies: use HG to knock them up first, then Zephyr to continue the slow.

When chasing running enemies: use Zephyr to slow them down first (due to Zephyr passive, you're likely to catch them), then walk up close to do uncharged HG to knock them up.

When surrounding 1-2 enemy units: use zephyr to slow one of them down, do an uncharged HG to knock them up, and quickly walk IN FRONT of them to Monsoon back to your friends. You will get at least 1 enemy flying back to your friend. *This is a difficult, risky and buggy move, so don't rely on it too much*

Emphasize your survivability first. Buying early Guardian Angel or Warmog's can make you certainly invulnerable. But don't be too greedy in group fight just because you're tougher than your opponents.

Always save 1 Howling Gale (HG) and 1 Zephyr for focus fire. Seems simple, but very important. Monsoon is just good if you see that your team has a chance to lose the fight. Most of the time, it'd be outnumbered group fights like 2vs3 or 2vs4.

Monsoon has a delay before you launch (about 0.25-0.5 sec). This is very important to note for using it to save your friends or knocking enemies back.

Don't solo enemies when you're playing support. Always go with someone....then HG, Zephyr, peck, peck, peck....

Don't hesitate to heal your injured friends with your ultimate, even only 1 of them is hurt. With 0 AP and lv2 monsoon, you can heal up to 600 HP.

Shield your friends almost always if you see harassing enemies like Mundo, Zilean, or Katarina....And make sure you stay away from their range. Use creeps to block Mundo's cleaver.

Stay away from the brush especially when you're left alone, unless you like to get focus-fired. You can shield yourself and check the brush quickly though, but it's safest to stay away from the brush if you KNOW someone's in there.

Harass enemies with Zephyr if your friends aren't planning to focus-fire/gank someone yet. High lvl of Zephyr doesn't cost that much mana, and is very strong.

Rahler

01-19-2010

As Veigar: Dark Matter provides line of sight to the targeted area. Use it to scout brush. Deathfire grasp is amazing, but make sure that it is the first thing to connect.

As Soraka or Kat: You have abilities that grey themselves out when there are no enemies nearby. You can use this to detect stealth units and units in brush/on the other side of walls.

Zenryo

01-20-2010

My pro tip:

When playing as Tristana or Alistar (or possibly other champions with a similar ability) do NOT headbut or canonball enemy champions that are fleeing even further away from your ganksquad. Chances are you have ppl that can catch up (unless it's frikkin' Yi), and you just ruined that by giving them another 100 yards headstart.

kazabazua

01-20-2010

Pro tip: Make the opposing player commit mistakes:

1°being low on health with tryn or singed makes the opponent willing to try and kill you, thus being tryn= crit, crit, crit, ulti, opponent dies, or singed=run, poison,run, poison, gank, fling=dead.

2° Being stupid just a little bit, like not noticing he is attacking and take 2-3 hits, do this 2-3 times, hell loosen his play since its "easy" at his lane(thinking you are stupid) and since he just loosened his playstyle, he may commit mistakes.(i dont have a particular exemple, but it works, they over extend their lane and they get ganked by mid)

3° YOU MUST BUY SIGHT WARDS, knowing you opponents emplacement is a tremendous advantage. If playing teemo, place your shroom so you get the maximum information you could get on the map.(teleport, whatever else you could do with a ward)