Support bot Kayle troll pick? Wat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

advancedAI

07-07-2012

Why do people say this? I recently started playing her and she seems incredibly versatile for all positions.

I took her support bot a couple games and she seems fine. Super long range heal with a lower cool down than Soraka's plus a slow and speed boost. Sure her heal doesn't give bonus armor but her ult can make anyone flat out invulnerable. A well timed ult can turn the tables fast!!

I went with a support build; philo stone, heart of gold, kages, gp10 runes and masteries, etc, into aegis of the legion, locket of solari, zekes's herald, and mass wards, etc

I'm not a high level player but bot lane I can heal wile poking with much more damage and harass potential than soraka. Plus her passive and an aweomse ult.

Why am I a troll?

Fluffyknowsyou

07-07-2012

Because supports are supposed to be useless after level 6, like taric and soraka. If you are anything more than a ward mule after 6, you're not following the meta.

IMoneymakeI

07-07-2012

because Dyrus played her once and carried. Thus making her a carry....

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

What makes a champion good at being a support is that their kit offers a lot of utility even if they don't get any farm. Kayle's base skills aren't as useful to teams as the ones that the more common supports have.

It's not a total troll pick, but she's also not the best choice for the role. The combination of other supports being more useful and Kayle being really good in other lanes is why you'd get called a troll for wanting to support with her, even though that's not accurate.

advancedAI

07-07-2012

Well, she seems like a more viable option to me than support Lux.

GrimCrimson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedAI View Post
Well, she seems like a more viable option to me than support Lux.
Lux can trap them, shield you, slow them and give vision with the slow xD. I would prefer her, had a support lux once, she harrassed all day long keeping the carry and support stayed away, and I farmed without a care in the world(jungle never even came to gank)

TeknoWizard

07-07-2012

I would never ask for a support Kayle for several reasons.

A: I see no reason to use her as a support over other supports. Yeah she heals, saves, and slows. I'd rather have an Alistar or Taric for an offensive lane, or a Janna or Soraka for a defensive one. Not bad, just outclassed, in my opinion of course.

B: She makes more of an impact if sent top lane. If you do that, you still get just as good heals, just as good saves, and now she actually does damage.