New support pls.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sephrinx

07-08-2012

There is like 10 supports, maybe... I'm not even sure about that many...

There are 100 champions. There should be at least 20-25 supports.

Pother

07-08-2012

Everyone seems slave to the meta, and rules out the option of a bottom lane bruiser built as support. I've seen and utilized bruisers such as malphite, jarvan, pantheon, and more as bottom lane support, and they can fulfill the role great. Support doesn't exclusively mean heal and sustain, it can also mean feeding the carry, ala blitzcrank.

Monarchk

07-08-2012

The problem is though that playing the same few champions gets really boring after a while. And some supports are generally looked down upon, so the actual pool is not as big as you might imagine it is. I main support and I know the feeling. New supports would just make it a more fun role to be in.

Sam Is Whoa

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drackolus View Post
I tend to favor supports, mand my personal favorite is Taric. Once you master him and get a good build, you can be very tanky and supporty at the same time. Once you get max cooldown, you can pretty much lock anyone down, and his ult decides team fights. He's my personal favorite champion to play. Janna is also realy solid, and has the benefit of the fact that you can give her any item. The most important thing for a support champion is that they can do multiple crowd controls and survive without having to focus on hih stats, including AP. Usually, you can tell which champions are best with it by checking their AP scaling. Like Janna - her AP scaling is atrocious, but she's still effective because of the other things he spells do, like her knockup and slow, which aren't affected by AP. This means that Zeke's Herald is better than Deathcap for her (especially with that AD boost!). There is some debate with characters like Soraka, who actually scales well with AP with heals. But, honestly, she's an all-around bad champ. Crazy squishy, can't heal well if you don't stack AP, steals creep farm whenever she tries to help get a kill, and has a really short range. He minuses way outweigh her pluses, imho. Pretty much any other support champ can fill the role fine. Sona's easy if you don't do support often.
Well with all do respect your h"honest opinion" is ridiculous. Just cause sorakaq scales with AP does not make her bad. Rylais is Excellent on raka and gives you the health and extra CC that she needs. Build the rest of her Tanky support and she is OP. With timely heals that with or without AP still out heal every other support she is excellent. She has a silence that's really meant for fight control (stopping channel ults ie nunu,fiddle,pantheon,Shen) and not so much shutting down ap carry. Paired with a heavy application mid like Ahri,ryze,brand and an AP top like ken,rumble. Her MR melt is AMAZING. Her heal also gives an armor buff and that can change the tide of early fights. Her ultimate makes it easy to get gold and help out with Ganks across the map. She is not your pick if you need pure CC (Janna alistar Leona). She is a pick to help with character without great sustain and synergies with AP aoe champs. She is. Extremely viable as a support and should never be considered "an all-around bad champ. "

I'm usually with the idea that an opinion can't be wrong but in this case your wrong. And I say that with confidence and great conviction. You either don't know how to play her or played with bad ones. I think mostly everyone will agree she is top their support.

Sam Is Whoa

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephrinx View Post
There is like 10 supports, maybe... I'm not even sure about that many...

There are 100 champions. There should be at least 20-25 supports.
Alistar, Teemo, Morgana, Lulu, Janna, Sona, Soraka, Zilean, Karma, Shen, Blitz crank, Galio, Lux, Leona, Gangplank, kayle, orianna, taric, nunu, nidalee,

There you go pal. 100 champs 5 spots to fill in classic. 100/5=20. There's your 20 and they are ALL classified correctly so just cause there are some better than others doesn't mean there isn't enough.