In game Communication: What do you players want?

Skype/Vent 10 20.00%
Text is fine. 22 44.00%
Mic. communication Built into LoL/ Less rage? 11 22.00%
Don't Care. 7 14.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

People scream at you? Problem solved?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TenienDaithen

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Allow me to explain it again.

Those who don't use voice chat use text.

Those who do use voice chat do not use text.

Those who do not use voice chat teamed with those who do = lack of communication.
Generally speaking, those who don't use voice chat still have speakers, and those who don't use text still have eyes.

Those who do not use voice chat teamed with those who do = can still communicate.

Phourc

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenienDaithen View Post
Generally speaking, those who don't use voice chat still have speakers, and those who don't use text still have eyes.

Those who do not use voice chat teamed with those who do = can still communicate.
Can, not will.

I'm massively guilty of this - if I'm skyping with my pals I don't even notice if people type to me... if I'm talking to people, why would I stop to read things?

TenienDaithen

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Can, not will.

I'm massively guilty of this - if I'm skyping with my pals I don't even notice if people type to me... if I'm talking to people, why would I stop to read things?
Can is the answer no matter what method of communication being used.
I admit that i pay more attention to my friends on vent then I do the text chat, but it doesn't take a lot of effort to catch the messages that are typed out. I still type my mias and try to keep the people that queued up solo in the loop. With an in game voice chat, it would blend better.

Honestly, I can't type and play this game. I don't understand how ragers do it. If I'm typing more than a simple idea, I'm dead... or at least, not playing.

TenienDaithen

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarurob View Post
so you idiots, and I use the term lightly because you actually make idiots look intelligent, want the devs wasting thier time developing teamspeak inside the game....

SO we have to mute every person because LoL attracts bads/br's/12 yr olds that think theyre masters of this game, like flies to ****.....thinks that teamspeak is a great idea?

I have an idea: light yourself on fire. You will fail because you are fail, but it will be funny to watch.
People like you are a perfect example of why muting would be necessary, but I know plenty of people who don't walk around insulting people all day long. Maybe that's the way you were raised, but I don't normally advocate such failure in parenting.

I think I've learned a valuable lesson from you, though, when someone has an opinion that is different than mine, I should call them idiots and tell them to light themselves on fire. That makes perfect sense, and makes me appear to be an intelligent and rational human being. Thank you so much for showing me the light. I had no idea that such belligerent and ignorant behavior was the right thing to do.

You need to reevaluate your life.

You are failing.

And really, it's not that I want the feature. I just think it could be a good feature as long as I can stop the useless voices and make them type if they need anything. Develop it. Don't develop it. I don't care. I won't be playing this game forever.

lbgsloan

07-09-2012

I'd want an option to completely disable chat like you can for enemy text.

On a slightly more serious note, I still believe 99% of the rage in loL is due to not being able to quit when it is a clear the match is a loss. Being trapped in games does more harm than good IMO, and most of the rage when I still played this game always came from people who had given up and decided to just start venting on their teammates until the game ended. If you could just do a 'personal surrender' (ie you get a loss right there and then, you cannot rejoin the game, people cannot report you for leaving early), there would be a LOT less anger in this game. How much time would be saved from being able to just quit immediately if you have an AFK/troll/drooling idiot teammate from the start? No good comes from having to wait X minutes and needing 4 other teammates to agree to surrender.

But, you argue, wouldn't this lead to games being ruined due to early quitters? Not if there was a ranked mode with quitting giving you an instant elo loss. People would generally play on in ranked if there was still some hope, only quitting if the game should have ended anyways. Normal games would see more quitters, but you'd also still a significant drop in rage and trolling. Bad game? Walk away and start a new one like every other game ever made. Riot has made it clear normal ELO isn't supposed to count for anything, so who cares? Why does this genre force you to stay? It's not like quitting other team games doesn't make it nearly impossible from remaining players to come back, so why force people to stay in losing games they don't want to?

TenienDaithen

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post

On a slightly more serious note, I still believe 99% of the rage in loL is due to not being able to quit when it is a clear the match is a loss.
I think that number is way off. I've seen a lot of raging before it's clear that the game is lost. Then there is the difference of opinion as to when it is clear that the game is lost. Some people will give up after first blood. "Stop feeding gg gg"..... I, however, don't believe its over until a nexus is destroyed. I've seen enough games turn around to reinforce that.

I've been on teams that have won in spite of our team mate that initiated the surrender three times. If he could have quit so easily, it would have been much different.