In game Communication: What do you players want?

Skype/Vent 10 20.00%
Text is fine. 22 44.00%
Mic. communication Built into LoL/ Less rage? 11 22.00%
Don't Care. 7 14.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

People scream at you? Problem solved?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

07-07-2012

Adding built in voice chat would make communication worse, not better.

The in-game chat might be inconvenient at times, but it's a universal format that's available to everyone. Not everybody has a mic, and not everyone wants to hear other people talk in random matches. Those who do would end up just not communicating at all with those who don't.

KoD MAD PunZ

07-07-2012

That's still your opinion right @ FDru , well yeah, fan, screaming, talking, retardedness, jus mute n carry on with ur life, those who take it seriously, use it to your advantage, and those who do not have mics can still have input through txt, n those who have mics wont need to write. Listen/Silent.. both words involve communication n have the same letters.. :P

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassingOnLeft View Post
That's still your opinion right @ FDru , well yeah, fan, screaming, talking, retardedness, jus mute n carry on with ur life, those who take it seriously, use it to your advantage, and those who do not have mics can still have input through txt, n those who have mics wont need to write. Listen/Silent.. both words involve communication n have the same letters.. :P
I'm fairly sensitive to ambient noise such as breathing and feedback that i would pretty much mute everyone on my team at all times. I barely tolerate skyping with teammates i know.

Also, I, like most others, have had the "Halo" experience and don't mind that LoL has no in game voice chat.

Phourc

07-07-2012

Erm... have you guys played this game mode called 'solo queue'? I would never want to talk to ANY of the players I get matched with, playing with them can be painful enough.

inFe eD

07-07-2012

How would adding voice chat make people less likely to scream at you?

tabiasboon

07-07-2012

Heros of Newerth has in voice chat, i still use skype........

0shi

07-07-2012

None of the PC games I've played with in-built voice comms have had this feature used / accepted by the majority of the players. Regardless, aside from really obscure plays reliant on extreme teamplay, I don't feel most things in this game require much more sychronisation than that provided by reading your team mates actions and the ping system.
If a voice system were implemented, I would not use it.

Lindre

07-07-2012

A lot more people abuse voice chat than they make use of it, if they use it at all. Case in point, nearly every game that has built-in voice comm. Either it gets abused by trolls or ragers, or it doesn't get used at all. World of Warcraft? Nobody uses it. World of Tanks? Nobody uses it. Battlefield Bad Company 2? Nobody used it. Team Fortress 2? Many more people abused it then used it for it's intended purpose.

People like third party voice chat programs because it allows them to filter who and what they want to hear, and who and what they don't want to hear. A lot of people don't want to hear, or communicate with, random strangers.

Honestly, it'd be a giant waste of development time. WoW spent a large amount of resources and time developing it, and delayed a major patch by a month or more to implement it, and then nobody used it. Blizzard later stated they wished that they hadn't bothered as it was a giant waste of their time and resources.

Zeoroot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Erm... have you guys played this game mode called 'solo queue'? I would never want to talk to ANY of the players I get matched with, playing with them can be painful enough.
There is so much truth in your post that I had to +1 you, sir.

TenienDaithen

07-07-2012

I love having the voice chat on TF2 but it's a completely different gaming environment. It's like a chat room with guns on the servers I like.

As long as I can easily mute people, I like the idea. And maybe something that tells them you muted their voice so they will continue whatever they were doing in the text chat for a tribunal log :) I'm joking on that last part... kind of.

I do find things go a lot smoother when I queue up with friends that I have on vent. Miscommunication isn't the only issue with chat. Sometimes you have to act quickly in a situation and can't type and maybe you and your team have different ideas about how to handle the situation. What path to take, when to engage, who to focus, when to run... of course some of that can be handled with pings.