In game Communication: What do you players want?

Skype/Vent 10 20.00%
Text is fine. 22 44.00%
Mic. communication Built into LoL/ Less rage? 11 22.00%
Don't Care. 7 14.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

People scream at you? Problem solved?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoD MAD PunZ

07-07-2012

People on a daily basis use programs such as "Skype" and "Vent" in Premade battles on Dominion, & any other game generally speaking. I want to skip the bull**** small talk n cut to it. I think League of Legends, Created by you: Riot Games, show a great level of commitment on doing your greatest to keep the community pleased and I personally appreciate it, but since this game requires so much teamwork and communication you don't usually win games or battles that you are outnumbered in or lack of communication. My question is: Riot why can't you have a better communication system built into your game to avoid using programs such as skype & vent not only because it takes up more memory, but generally speaking it would probably cause less tribunal's, reporting, raging and other **** because teams would feel more comfortable knowing what everyone is doing. No miscommunication, XBL has it why can't we?

zionist shill

07-07-2012

Please god no.

Kiddalee

07-07-2012

Voice chat would help against rage. Most of the misunderstandings in chat come from not being able to talk freely and play at the same time. Even straight up rage can come from a person having given up on your ability to listen before he has even tried talking properly to you.

But are you sure it wouldn't also take up a lot of memory? Riot needs LoL to be playable on less amazing computers to have a very broad audience. On that note, not all players may have microphones. It's uncomfortable for the whole team when only one person is able to speak. If a great number of us can't use voice chat, then the rest of us won't.

Kiddalee

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpIe Reign View Post
Please god no.
Is the only other game you play Halo, by chance? You are biased based on one gaming crowd who might not overlap deeply into this one. People always come up with the same excuses for hating voice chat but there is no proof until you survey LoL's userbase.

KoD MAD PunZ

07-07-2012

Everybody should be able to play a game without having to get mad and die because of typing, yes people need to get mics because I think talking really makes a difference. As a Frequent Dominion player with over 850 wins, I find it crucial to know the routine of Dominion, where to be and when and having what capped. I'm sure if running a whole program like skype that performs around 60,000KB -120,000KB and vent being a less, a chat system might not make it laggy at all, maybe it what LoL needs....

KoD MAD PunZ

07-07-2012

I don't play Halo anymore nor do I own an Xbox or PS3 man.. LoL is where it's at. From being able to talk to a team is the message behind this whole thread. Me, not being a frequent forum user on the other hand I see you're quite active on forums, do you really care about LoL because you seem to put everyone down more than you try to improve their ideas.

zionist shill

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
Is the only other game you play Halo, by chance? You are biased based on one gaming crowd who might not overlap deeply into this one. People always come up with the same excuses for hating voice chat but there is no proof until you survey LoL's userbase.
Yes, the only other game I have ever played online is Halo. HOW DID U KNOW?

This wouldn't work because this game is FTP and there are a bunch of Trolls. People would just blast Cazwell or whatever into the mic and unless there was an easy way to mute people this would make the game unplayable.

Volandum

07-07-2012

I play SC2, which has voice and it seems to work out quite well for random teams. (When it works, but I hear that's been improved.) That's likely to be less of a problem for Dominion because the community is smaller and one can report people, leading to more accountability.

And of course muting people should be trivial, like it is presently for text chat.

KoD MAD PunZ

07-07-2012

@Volandum, well for the whole game not just Dominion and tribunal would be different @ Purple Reign well what if you knew where "Cazwell" was coming from by a highlighted Mic of constantly being on, and BOOM mute.. easy as that problem solved, who ever you don't wanna listen to, just mute easy as that. For people who want this advantage and gradually build skill through communication let them.

Jusmessin

07-07-2012

I mean it would be easier to spot 12 year olds more seriously LOL needs Voice chat to grow. It's better for the gameplay.