Healing Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyu Ryu

07-08-2012

Aparkhurst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu Ryu View Post
As you said grevious wounds is meant to counter healing so why do we have something else thrown on top of that. Lets not forget healing tends to be less effective for a lot of healing champs because combat is so much faster.

All champs benefit from the added income in dominion. Not just healers.

I mostly use a champ with hardly any healing but nice ad hominem. I just notice such a lack of healing classes whenever I play dominion(like they are being avoided like the plague).
Healers/sustain are generally getting nerfed for laning reasons in SR. The main reason you don't see Soraka in serious Dominion games has nothing to do with the aura.

inFe eD

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aparkhurst View Post
Healers/sustain are generally getting nerfed for laning reasons in SR. The main reason you don't see Soraka in serious Dominion games has nothing to do with the aura.
Considering by midgame Soraka's heal is pretty much permanently cut to 30% in every fight because of the aura and Exec spam, I think the aura is a tiny bit of a factor here.

0shi

07-08-2012

Quote:
As you said grevious wounds is meant to counter healing so why do we have something else thrown on top of that. Lets not forget healing tends to be less effective for a lot of healing champs because combat is so much faster.

All champs benefit from the added income in dominion. Not just healers.

I mostly use a champ with hardly any healing but nice ad hominem. I just notice such a lack of healing classes whenever I play dominion(like they are being avoided like the plague).
Everything scales, including alot of things which aren't intended to scale that high, because the game has been balanced around supports either getting virtually no income, or costing their team a solo lane's XP / Gold income to get a more powerful support.
As far as the greivous wounds effect goes, it is no more accessible in dominion than in SR.
It wasn't intended as an ad hominem attack, it just seems like you are more interested in telling people they are wrong than responding to their points or changing your position. As far as healing classes at high-level dominion, Alistar, Maokai, Warwick and Yorick are all already very popular and powerful, and a good example of why removing the aura would lead to some things being overpowered.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

Quote:
Yes, exactly. The very fact that we STILL need grievous wounds on to of the Aura's 20% healing nerf indicates that while in game, players are finding that the enemy team's healing is giving them a significant advantage. That's what healing does, and is still doing, despite the nerf.
That is the point you are repeatedly not recognizing. That despite a potent global reduction on healing, it is still a very significant mechanic. So significant that with some champs you are signing your death warrant if you don't build to counteract it. Again, Despite the Nerf.

They are a lot of AD? you buy armor.
You have too much AP? they buy Mres
Too much CC? Take Cleanse or buy Mercs and a QSS.
Too much Healing? Take Ignite or buy something with Greivous Wounds.

It's the same deal for every mechanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFe eD
Considering by midgame Soraka's heal is pretty much permanently cut to 30% in every fight because of the aura and Exec spam, I think the aura is a tiny bit of a factor here.
I'm not sure how a percentage reduction can result in a hard cap, but even so, if she can heal 30% of a champ's health while under both Grievous wounds AND the Aura... that's only 40% of what she would heal without them.
Do people REALLY want to see Soraka take champs from death's door to full every 12 seconds?
She's already a very annoying bottom laner as is. I believe Soraka in Dom is undervalued in general really.

EDIT: Oh, OOOH. You mean cut to 30% of her norm. Derp.
Anyway, it was my assumption that the reduction stacks in a way that she's onyl down to 40%. Down 20% global, then halved by GW. I could be wrong though.