New ELO point system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King of Sin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Cookeh I View Post
dont agree with tier 2

intentional feeders
Thats why tier 3 is more per death, sending those people into the bowels of ELO hell

King of Sin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by abchiptop View Post
Need a new ranking system?
Why not Zoidberg?

In all seriousness, the fairest way is to pick a base number (10? I dunno). For every tower advantage point you have (you have 5, they have 1 top lane, 4 advantage), you get the number multiplied by a coefficient.
If you have negative advantage and you win, it's a much larger margin (almost lost, turned it around, won.)
These are then divided by the time. If its a fast game with big advantage, more points (one team got crushed for whatever reason). If its a long drawn out game with low advantage (even 0-0), then theoretically the players are close to their true skill: smaller gains. This forces faster tactical play, as the teams with bigger faster wins advance, leaving passive teams behind. This is what riot seems to want, at least. Less passive play, go all in all the time.
Thanks for the feed back, added a tier for towers. Tell me if you think it should be less or more!

King of Sin

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomis Pervertus View Post
I'll admit, I don't see the point. Encouraging people to go after that kill that costs the team the fight is not really viable. Not to mention if you're losing, and losing hard, you're going to lose more Elo than just simply losing. I'm a low level player, new to LoL, and I know, deaths at my level of play, are a lot more common than higher end play. But even when spectating ranked games, there can be a lot of deaths once a snowball goes down.

So, here's what I see: Implement it this way, there's going to be a lot more 20 minute surrenders to preserve their Elo from dropping any worse than it has. As well as people rushing off for that kill just because they can get a little bit of Elo.

Sure, I'd love to see ranked be a little bit harder to get into, frightens me to even think about trying it out when I hit 30(which means, I'm not likely to join ranked for a long time after hitting 30). But changing the Elo system to give people bonuses simply for being kill hogs and avoiding the team fight so they don't die? Meh, pass.
Interesting feed back, but a good player will be able to prevent his enemy in lane from snowballing by playing very defensively and waiting for jungle ganks. I have seen a mordekaiser clear a wave and then just sit at his turret waiting for the next. If you get countered in ranked you should be able to realize that its going to be tough, and that you should be on D rather than O. But i do appreciate feed back and you gave me the idea to put a punishment on surrendering early to save ELO. Thanks for the feed back!

King of Sin

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimqi View Post
Implement this system and people will do nothing but sit back and get assists until even if they lose they gain elo.
True, but if that is all they do their team is going to loose many towers and they are going to suffer from loss of a player. If they sit back like this it will also allow the enemy team to free farm and gain a major advantage over them and they will be turret dived and it won't even matter. With this system i feel people would play more passively, but at the same time be more willing to go for a kill if they feel they can survive.

What i am trying to say is that this system will cause try hards to succeed and sheep to fail.
Thank you for the feed back!

King of Sin

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XReyoX View Post
I do not think this is a good system because it is practically not possible to balance out. This puts too much emphasize on kill/death/assist which is not the goal of the game (although having a good score will increase your chance of winning).

Note that champions, even in the same class can have very different KA/D ratio because of the nature of their skill set. For instance, Soraka/Sona will almost always get an assist for each kill during a teamfight whereas Blitz/Zilean might not. KDA potential of champions should not be a factor your choice at champ select.

Also, this will kill the fountain diving at that last 5 seconds of the game, which can sometimes be quite hilarious.
Ok, while you use examples i tend to disagree with the zilean/blitz not gaining assists when both have some pretty powerful AoE move.Also K/D/A potential should be very equal because riot tries their hardest to keep champions balanced and not super OP. We are given bans for a reason, aka if you feel that a champ is OP, BAN HIM!!!! there is also a counter to almost every champ! If you think that first picking morgana is a pro idea, think again because i will pick talon and literally laugh out loud at your purple shield. But i do appreciate you feed back, thank you!

King of Sin

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exo521 View Post
I like this, but also think it could/would causes many unforeseen problems as well. Winning/losing the game should be the main source of elo gain or loss, but it would be nice to have a secondary system that reflects the players score as part of their skill. Im currently stuck in ELO hell like so many others, my avg ranked score is 7-4-7. Im not a pro, but in general, i do my job, and i dont feed. However despite that i have lost more ranked games then ive won. A system that took my score into consideration at the end of every game would show that im not as bad as my ELO shows, Ive heard it before "good players carry themselves out of ELO hell" well i dont care how good you are, no one carries out of a 4v5 game with one teammate going 0-6 in the first 20min. That, sadly, is not a uncommon game for me. Sometimes im on the other side and we steam roll them and they have the afk, sometimes im on the side with the afk and we get rolled, not too often is there an actual close game at this ELO level. But anyway, a secondary ELO system that takes in account player scores to sort out the players that caused the loss from the players that were a long for the ride would be a great thing.
This whole paragraph is the reason i started this system. I have seen too many AFKs, too many feeders, to many bad players, and far too many kids who think they are tough **** and position themselves poorly. While being unskilled isnt bannable, you should at least suffer a little for being unskilled! Thank you for you response!

King of Sin

07-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreyni View Post
Why not make tower kills and assists worth the most ELO? The goal is to kill the towers then the Nexus after all.

(inb4backdooryi)
Because if they were worth more, you could have both teams gain ELO even with bad players who KS. I put deaths as a bigger loss because i feel that with Kills and assists and towers you will see ELO hell move from 1400 and below to 2000 and below. And frankly, i do not care to see that happen.

King of Sin

07-13-2012

bump

Antex

07-13-2012

bump

Bezx

07-13-2012

Some things I have against this system:
Promotes kill stealing to gain more ELO. (which also promotes "HEY IM GONNA CHASE SO I CAN GET THAT EXTRA ELO WHILE THE REST OF MY TEAM DIES")
If you're doing bad, you can just d/c and lose 14 instead of 17 ELO.
Bottom lane is reliant on ADC and support. If one feeds giving the other side an advantage, that means both will end up with bad scores.
One lane can snowball (or even jungle) and completely screw over all other lanes resulting in bad scores for them too.
By putting a negative for surrendering, you make it so that people would rather either AFK (so pretty much just wasting their time) with the risk that they would die if they consistently lose team fights while still trying if the other team is too far ahead they will start losing more and more elo instead of cutting their losses and moving on to the next game.
If one person wins lane, but all other lanes lose and that person end up constantly dies in team fights, isn't it unfair to them that the the others couldn't pull their weight if they end up dying a lot to fed team tower diving.
Promotes winning teams to stay and farm the other team instead of killing nexus in order to maximize elo gain.
Kills aren't everything. You can get kills but still be behind in gold if you can't CS.
Assist gains still don't fix the problem of (Hey that guy gets kills and gains more ELO than me, so I should play something other than support so I can get ELO faster)
Jungle affects ALL lanes. If your jungle is terrible, but their jungle is good, gets kills, constantly harasses your lane, and tower dives, you're screwed. (aka Hi, I snowballed off a bad lane, so now I'm going to destroy your lane and constantly harass you because you're winning. Have fun losing elo because I got fed by your teammates)
Oh and "Hey I lost game before laning phase even ended because it was 20-5 by 13 minutes because of all the trolls I have. I did okay in my lane and went 3-3-0 but I should be punished and lose ELO because I have the same deaths as kills"