New ELO point system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luxaby

Junior Member

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdapumps View Post
This is a tower defense game and all that actually matters is winning that battle. Champion kills, minions and items are all just ways to assist you on the way. That is all I have to say, your idea doesn't support the fundamentals of the game and there is no point discussing in any serious manner.
I have to agree with this elo shouldnt be based on kills etc it will just promote the extension of games without the need. Even if it has a cap everyone on the team will want to cap at 16 before winning an already won game and the other team wont want to surrender out due to the extra loss


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solo Top Ur Mom

Junior Member

08-17-2012

It's Elo, not ELO.. passionate activists.. LOL


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EndofDeepsleep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxaby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by getdapumps
This is a tower defense game and all that actually matters is winning that battle. Champion kills, minions and items are all just ways to assist you on the way. That is all I have to say, your idea doesn't support the fundamentals of the game and there is no point discussing in any serious manner.
I have to agree with this elo shouldnt be based on kills etc it will just promote the extension of games without the need. Even if it has a cap everyone on the team will want to cap at 16 before winning an already won game and the other team wont want to surrender out due to the extra loss
If you read the system and my arguments you will find that players are gaining and losing close to 16 elo anyways (13-14). Out of 500+ ranked games i have seen maybe 10 games where i will lose 6 or gain 6 elo. That is not including when the servers are going down for maintenance and you can't lose Elo. Also if they want to cap it that badly, it may turn on them and them might lose the game from making it take longer! There are many issues with trying to make the game take longer. So all in all i think the teams who are already losing won't even have to worry about losing more because they may already be doing bad enough that they are sitting at 16 or 15 loss. Fountain hugging. But i really appreciate your opinion!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EndofDeepsleep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Top Ur Mom View Post
It's Elo, not ELO.. passionate activists.. LOL
Gets the point across that i am talking about Elo when it is capitalized. No? But i will fix it for you.

Edit: done.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam Is Whoa

Senior Member

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndofDeepsleep View Post
Well I disagree, which is why this post is here. While yes a loss is a loss and you are partially to blame for the loss. There is only so much you can do when bad players, afkers, and trolls populate 3/5 on your team. Example i went 14-8-12 on katarina, The ezreal on our team went 17-10-9 out of 34 kills he and i had 31. So when that happens, i feel we were doing everything we can. BUT WE STILL LOST. Do you think we should suffer when we literally could not carry Jax, graves, and taric. If you do, please tell me why i had to fight 5 competent enemies and only had 1 competent ally... Honestly a team game requires 5 v 5 intelligent people on both sides. When it is 5v2.75.... not so much a team game. It is a SLAUGHTER. i feel that Ezreal and I should not have suffered because players don't understand how to play. Also when it comes to que, you can only have 2 players not a team entity que. This means that i chose the people i am playing with, fully aware of their abilities and skills. this NOT BEING THE CASE i would wonder why the team should be counted as a whole? This system is meant for solo que, not 5v5 match making or 3v3 match making. Oh and thanks for calling me stupid to start off your post.
Someone is touchy. I NEVER said you were stupid so get that straight. Is bill gates stupid because stephen hawking is Smarter than him? No. So slow down and pick up your self esteem.

Now that thats out of the way. Whos to say when your 18 deaths combined happened. Could have been early when you fed the enemy snowballing them and making a come back hard. Or you could have died trying for baron when you shouldnt or overextending trying to split push. I dont know. Tye other 3 probably were terrible but you got queued with them so you have to help them out. Suggest to them where to be or what to build.

This occasion will happen to you as well as against you. This is why its fair. You will play bad teams as much as you will be paired with bad teams. You just think its the other way around because as humans we are selfish thinkers. Sometimes you have to work harder for your wins than other times. It all evens out.

With this system ppl who had a bad game would be thrown into Elo's they dont belong. And ppl who play beyond their ability would be in higher Elo they dont belong. Ppl are trying to eliminate "Elo Hell" not make it more prevalent.

Your system is immensely flawed because of the human element and if someone has a bad game they usually dont have against someone not as good the Elo change is too drastic and punishes/rewards too much.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-17-2012

If you incentivize selfish play, that's what you'll get. Any system that gives benefit to people for trying to kill steal (not kill secure, but steal - delaying their big damage moves until someone's nearly dead so they can land the KB rather than whenever they're most useful), for refusing to initiate for fear of death (why initiate, possibly die, and hope for some assists when I can wait for someone else to do it and clean up at the end?), and for continuing to farm up kills after a win is secured (trashing an underleveled and undergeared enemy team until they hit their max Elo bonus) will result in people playing that way. The goal of LoL is to destroy the enemy Nexus, any system that encourages people to do things that don't maximize their chances of destroying the enemy Nexus is a poorly designed system that shouldn't and won't ever be implemented.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EndofDeepsleep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa View Post
Someone is touchy. I NEVER said you were stupid so get that straight. Is bill gates stupid because stephen hawking is Smarter than him? No. So slow down and pick up your self esteem.

Now that thats out of the way. Whos to say when your 18 deaths combined happened. Could have been early when you fed the enemy snowballing them and making a come back hard. Or you could have died trying for baron when you shouldnt or overextending trying to split push. I dont know. Tye other 3 probably were terrible but you got queued with them so you have to help them out. Suggest to them where to be or what to build.

This occasion will happen to you as well as against you. This is why its fair. You will play bad teams as much as you will be paired with bad teams. You just think its the other way around because as humans we are selfish thinkers. Sometimes you have to work harder for your wins than other times. It all evens out.

With this system ppl who had a bad game would be thrown into Elo's they dont belong. And ppl who play beyond their ability would be in higher Elo they dont belong. Ppl are trying to eliminate "Elo Hell" not make it more prevalent.

Your system is immensely flawed because of the human element and if someone has a bad game they usually dont have against someone not as good the Elo change is too drastic and punishes/rewards too much.
Those 18 deaths came from all the team fights our team couldn't handle because they did no damage what soever. Also I have made this system with the thought in mind of KSing, that is why i made assists as high as they are for points. Originally i was going to have it be 3 or 4 kills to the 1 death, but that is simply unfair to supports who only get assists (or should). So i made it more rewarding! But hey if you really want to KS someone that bad, you may throw the game and lose more Elo anyways! In my opinion the selfish would suffer more than they would think with a system like this.

Also i have bad games all the time, and i still think this would be better because it isn't like you are going to lose 100 elo and instantly be in another bracket. You will simply lose 16 and have to work to get it back. If you have a bad game and lose you are going to lose 12 or 13 anyways, 3 more Elo dropped is not even that much in the scheme of things...

And no i would consider the field of expertise to be a huge factor between Hawkings and Gates, While you may think Hawkings is smarter, i think they excel in different fields of knowledge. Do you think Hawkings could make a computer? Do you think gates could theorize the same things Hawkings does?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EndofDeepsleep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
If you incentivize selfish play, that's what you'll get. Any system that gives benefit to people for trying to kill steal (not kill secure, but steal - delaying their big damage moves until someone's nearly dead so they can land the KB rather than whenever they're most useful), for refusing to initiate for fear of death (why initiate, possibly die, and hope for some assists when I can wait for someone else to do it and clean up at the end?), and for continuing to farm up kills after a win is secured (trashing an underleveled and undergeared enemy team until they hit their max Elo bonus) will result in people playing that way. The goal of LoL is to destroy the enemy Nexus, any system that encourages people to do things that don't maximize their chances of destroying the enemy Nexus is a poorly designed system that shouldn't and won't ever be implemented.
This system does encourage destroying the enemy nexus, since the game won't end with out that happening. Also if you don't kill it trying to farm the other team, it could backfire.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImProAtLife

Senior Member

08-18-2012

I think this idea is pretty awesome except it might make everyone not wanna play roles that often get targeted a lot also known as support and adc. Where as im sure everyones gonna want to play tank and ap. And honestly we need more supports lol...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EndofDeepsleep

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImProAtLife View Post
I think this idea is pretty awesome except it might make everyone not wanna play roles that often get targeted a lot also known as support and adc. Where as im sure everyones gonna want to play tank and ap. And honestly we need more supports lol...
The people who get targeted are never that easy, sometimes the AD carry is not focused because he does no damage.