Concerning Nerfs and such

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

magej

07-06-2012

Hey Riot,

I realize that these threads are a daily occurrence but i really feel that it is needed for those of us in the <1500 Elo Range to tell you how we feel about these nerfs.

Now, I realize that you do indeed have a competitive scene for this game, and that you need to balance this particular range to make the game more attractive to other players who are watching the streams. However, the vast majority of your players are not on the competitive scene. Now, I realize that this following suggestion may be based on personal assumptions but im sure you have the data to do the analysis on your end.

First Assumption: Higher level players play ranked games more often than lower level players.
Second Assumption: Champions that are "OP" differ greatly on this skill level (ie Master Yi/Kat/Old Eve at low levels vs Janna/Pre-Nerf Shen and Soraka at High Levels)

Based on these assumptions i would posit two ideas

1st Instead of One Giant ladder. have a more "League" format, where you are put into a graded system much like starcraft so that you play people of various levels and can learn different tactics, yet play against (potentially depending on how you choose to execute this) some of the same people more often, and then choose to make a team together and generally have a better LoL experience.

2nd: Make different nerfs and balance decisions for the Tournament Realm than the Live Realm. I think this may be an unpopular idea and also rather labor intensive on your part, but i feel that this would really make the game a lot better for the lower ELO folks, as well as make it much easier to avoid anyone being "the best champion" from tournament to tournament.

Overall, I think it bears reminding that the revenue base is from BOTH buying skins and champions NOT only from the tournament play. so making BOTH groups of individuals happy is key

You have a great game, its just that i feel at times a few people are making this game the game they want to play, not the game that the masses want

TehBrawlGuy

07-06-2012

If someone's that OP at low elo, pick them, roll face, get to higher elo.

Problem solved.

XgosuX

07-07-2012

Well put it this way at high elo, when someone is classified as 'op' it's because it can't be countered. Where as in the lower elos, the op champs you speak of, kat, yi and eve are all very easily countered and if you were better you would understand how to beat them. So are riot going to change the thing that is un-counterable such as global ults or are they going to change master yi's ult when he's really not that much of a crazy champ

abchiptop

07-07-2012

If your champs are balanced differently between the modes, what of the players who want to step from one to another? You'd be putting a big wall to climb over there.