Stop jungling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FABIOForever

Senior Member

09-03-2010

Just...stop.

I know that there are high level players out there who can maximize xp/gold gain with jungling in addition to having competent teammates who can handle 2 on 1 laning.


You are not that person. Those random pubs you're playing with? They are not 2 on 1 material.

Any extra xp/gold your team gains by you jungling never equals the amount of xp/gold you gave up from lost early lane kill opportunities plus the extra xp/gold the enemy team got for killing the vulnerable solo player.


You do not know when to stop jungling. Top junglers get boots of swiftness/mobility and make it their first priority to always spot a gank opportunity.

You on the other hand go with beserker grieves and continue to jungle while people are dying and turrets exploding all around you. You make it your mission as Olaf or Tryndamere to constantly deplete your side's golem while your Karthus/Anivia/Kassadin desperately need it. Let's be honest, you don't even stay on top of the dragon. But rest assured you will be right on clearing out those ghost creeps at level 16 while a team fight is happening right next to you.


You can't jungle. Please stop trying =(


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cueballmac

Senior Member

09-03-2010

Lol need a tissue bud?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

huhwhat

Senior Member

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABIOForever View Post
Just...stop.

I know that there are high level players out there who can maximize xp/gold gain with jungling in addition to having competent teammates who can handle 2 on 1 laning.


You are not that person. Those random pubs you're playing with? They are not 2 on 1 material.

Any extra xp/gold your team gains by you jungling never equals the amount of xp/gold you gave up from lost early lane kill opportunities plus the extra xp/gold the enemy team got for killing the vulnerable solo player.


You do not know when to stop jungling. Top junglers get boots of swiftness/mobility and make it their first priority to always spot a gank opportunity.

You on the other hand go with beserker grieves and continue to jungle while people are dying and turrets exploding all around you. You make it your mission as Olaf or Tryndamere to constantly deplete your side's golem while your Karthus/Anivia/Kassadin desperately need it. Let's be honest, you don't even stay on top of the dragon. But rest assured you will be right on clearing out those ghost creeps at level 16 while a team fight is happening right next to you.


You can't jungle. Please stop trying =(
Maybe you should say "practice jungling more" and instead of calling your jungler a nub, and just general QQ, take the time to explain....if not in game, after game. I learned something when someone informed me in my earlier jungling days that, once team fighting starts, I need to stop jungling. Guess what, I did.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CS RaiL

Senior Member

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhwhat View Post
Maybe you should say "practice jungling more" and instead of calling your jungler a nub, and just general QQ, take the time to explain....if not in game, after game. I learned something when someone informed me in my earlier jungling days that, once team fighting starts, I need to stop jungling. Guess what, I did.
People really need to start giving advice out - but not only that, people need to listen to it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beverak

Senior Member

09-04-2010

people need to stop giving advice without credentials. This guy is fairly decent I guess but I mean more in general I see so many people telling others to do this or do that based on their personal anecdotal evidence then I go look them up and see they are summoner level 17 with 50 wins under their belt.

If you are gonna give advice, I think you should give your reasons for this advice and the experience that has brought you to where you are. If you see a guy in the top 5 solo queue come out and say "guys stop jungling it's overrated because of this this and this and I know this cuz I have this elo and play with these characters" then it just adds a lot more weight and would stop a lot of these unnecessary posts.

And yes I think this is unnecessary, there is a reason Warwick is one of the winningest champs around and that's because he's great jungling and then ganking from jungle. Honestly you gotta have very poor teammates if they can't take advantage of the faster leveling in a 2v1 lane and you should be able to decide if you should switch something out. Adaptability is the name of the game really, i personally don 't think it's any one thing like "stop jungling" but then again I've played a lot less solo quee ranked games than the OP and only have moderate experience in LoL.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tCOperator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverak View Post
people need to stop giving advice without credentials. This guy is fairly decent I guess but I mean more in general I see so many people telling others to do this or do that based on their personal anecdotal evidence then I go look them up and see they are summoner level 17 with 50 wins under their belt.

If you are gonna give advice, I think you should give your reasons for this advice and the experience that has brought you to where you are. If you see a guy in the top 5 solo queue come out and say "guys stop jungling it's overrated because of this this and this and I know this cuz I have this elo and play with these characters" then it just adds a lot more weight and would stop a lot of these unnecessary posts.

And yes I think this is unnecessary, there is a reason Warwick is one of the winningest champs around and that's because he's great jungling and then ganking from jungle. Honestly you gotta have very poor teammates if they can't take advantage of the faster leveling in a 2v1 lane and you should be able to decide if you should switch something out. Adaptability is the name of the game really, i personally don 't think it's any one thing like "stop jungling" but then again I've played a lot less solo quee ranked games than the OP and only have moderate experience in LoL.
I think the problem is that the average pub team isn't really prepared to deal with a jungler, nor do most pub players expect to have to actually suck it up and choose a champ based on the rest of their team's selections.

If I really want to take WW, I know that I'm doing in one of 2 cases: everyone else has chosen champs, and I can justify that selection, or I'm in a premade, and that alone justifies my choice. In the case of the former, I'm expecting that there's a Nasus, Morgana, Mord, or some other competent AoE farmer on my team, beyond whomever is picking up mid. In the latter case, there absolutely better be a competent AoE farmer picking up that 2v1 lane.

Fact is, yes, people will jungle badly, and yes, people will not demonstrate good map-awareness, but either they'll learn/be taught/have it mentioned that they're not actually helping their team, or they'll eventually uninstall, because they always lose.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eppa

Senior Member

09-04-2010

The thing is with these kinds of threads is: Don't do thing you can't do. Don't solomid if you can't, don't tank if you can't, don't use clairvoyance if you can't, etc.
Junglers are not the problem it is unexperienced that is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harbringer1

Senior Member

09-04-2010

i dont jungle because i have trouble farming in the lane, i do it for 2 heroes to receive solo exp.