One of Those Days 2: Leona the Carry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
GP was tied with you for K+A. The fact that you had less deaths as the tank seems to indicate that people were starting fights without you, your teammates' positioning in fights was bad, you weren't being as aggressive as your teammates, or you weren't threatening enough so they were ignoring you and killing your teammates first.

Also, the fact that you had the most kills is actually a bad thing, as Leona doesn't scale as well with gold as, say, Varus.

I also think seeing the damage dealt comparison would be eye-opening, but the nature of Dominion makes the after-game stats tell little of the story, especially when determining who was the one at fault for a team utterly failing.
Actually, I would contribute it to their builds being more of the problem. Check the enemy team's damage dealers, most people built armor, and practically no magic resistance. Akali would've been tearing them to shreds.

0shi

07-07-2012

Yeah, not sure what I'm supposed to take away from this, unless you actually think killing blows or dominion score matter, or something crazy like that.
Varus and GP had K + A very similar to you with only slightly more deaths, and Varus had ALOT more tower caps.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
GP was tied with you for K+A. The fact that you had less deaths as the tank seems to indicate that people were starting fights without you, your teammates' positioning in fights was bad, you weren't being as aggressive as your teammates, or you weren't threatening enough so they were ignoring you and killing your teammates first.

Also, the fact that you had the most kills is actually a bad thing, as Leona doesn't scale as well with gold as, say, Varus.
Yes, I know having the most kills as Leona is a bad thing. I didn't WANT to be carrying or have the most kills, but that's just how it wound up. That's exactly the point of the screencap.
Why did I die less? I'm the tank, duh. So long as the enemy team is smart and does not focus me that is the natural course of events, I just do my best to get in the way, CC the **** out of them, and generally make me being alive as inconvenient as possible for the enemy team. How I wound up with the score I did was mostly because even with just me left, I dealt enough damage with enough durability that I could still clean up.

I'm a VERY aggressive tank. I do pretty poorly when I have a more conservative team behind me. That wasn't the case for this game though. I try my best to be everywhere and in the thick of every fight.
Sometimes the team cohesion just doesn't work out though, and you get oddball scores like this. That's all I was sharing for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biskey View Post
Came in expecting Leona with infinity edge. Left disappointed. =(

Sorry that wasn't the case, but I'm tempted to do it now! If I do, (and I do love trying out crazy nonsense builds) I'll definitely post the results.