[Theory] Avina the cryo phenoix and Frozen Mallet

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkenDragon

10-10-2009

Just wondering since frozen mallet causes people to be "Frozen" and frost bite does double damaged against any frozen player, would this be a good idea to have on avina? just to have another way to freeze people?

SmecssRaege

10-10-2009

not worth the money. And i've tried it before

The reason it's not worth it is that Glacial Storm (the ulti) can be toggled on for a split second and cause the slow from farther away than your shooting range....

So is it fun/useful? Yes
But that's 3,200 gold you could have put to a better use (although the HP isnt really that bad XD)

DarkenDragon

10-10-2009

yea, I was thinking of the added bonus of survivablity cuz I find avina to be a very squishy caster,

Lollerman

10-10-2009

^ RoA/Rylai is probably better for that, no?

SmecssRaege

10-10-2009

thats one reason why rod of ages is a very popular first item on her :P

because started off with catalyst the protector helps you live a lot more

the biggest key to anivia's survivability is UTILIZING your egginess.

Mainly through the use of your summoner spells. (YOU CAN STILL CAST WHILE IN EGG FORM BECAUSE YOUR CHAMPION IS STILL ACTIVELY ALIVE!!)

Ie:
Exhaust will give you 3-3.5 seconds of 1 melee hero doing no damage to you
Teleport, if you live for 3.5 seconds, you just got a "get out of death free" card =P
Heal, useful to some extent but not tons
Flash, doesnt appear to work anymore....jjust couldnt use it literally 2 seconds ago while egged

Now, since this is new, i have yet to try it...but think of this, THIS SHOULD BE HILARIOUS.......

IGNITE!!! KILL THEM WHILE YOU ARE A FREAKING EGG!

I guarantee a kill while in egg form will make people scream HAX and LOL for the rest of the game xD

SmecssRaege

10-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerman View Post
^ RoA/Rylai is probably better for that, no?
like i said in my post, RoA yes...

Rylais...... i have a test to run on rylais

If it procs the slow BEFORE the damage....that could be THE DREAM ANIVIA ITEM

Guaranteed DD ice lance, some decent HP and 80 AP....beauty. (although no mana cap for ulti xD)

Lollerman

10-10-2009

Considering Rylai being the caster equivalent of Mallet, I'd say it's a fair bet to assume it does stack with her slows. Although, only Frostbite would have the insane 35% slow, and that's usually the killing blow...

Yeah, the lack of mana makes this an undesirable first item; I steer clear from it even as Soraka (which is pretty crazy)

Circio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmecssRaege View Post
not worth the money. And i've tried it before

The reason it's not worth it is that Glacial Storm (the ulti) can be toggled on for a split second and cause the slow from farther away than your shooting range....

So is it fun/useful? Yes
But that's 3,200 gold you could have put to a better use (although the HP isnt really that bad XD)
Her ult got a major range reduction in a recent patch. The range of the ult is about half of the range of her regular attack.

However, I do agree that it is a waste of 3,200 gold that could have been put to much better use.

Emrot

10-10-2009

Quote:
like i said in my post, RoA yes...

Rylais...... i have a test to run on rylais

If it procs the slow BEFORE the damage....that could be THE DREAM ANIVIA ITEM

Guaranteed DD ice lance, some decent HP and 80 AP....beauty. (although no mana cap for ulti xD)
It does, and I think the devs like it that way. I think it's a bad idea, as an item designed to imbalance one caster is a bad idea :/

Scathain

10-10-2009

Quote:
thats one reason why rod of ages is a very popular first item on her :P

because started off with catalyst the protector helps you live a lot more

the biggest key to anivia's survivability is UTILIZING your egginess.

Mainly through the use of your summoner spells. (YOU CAN STILL CAST WHILE IN EGG FORM BECAUSE YOUR CHAMPION IS STILL ACTIVELY ALIVE!!)

Ie:
Exhaust will give you 3-3.5 seconds of 1 melee hero doing no damage to you
Teleport, if you live for 3.5 seconds, you just got a "get out of death free" card =P
Heal, useful to some extent but not tons
Flash, doesnt appear to work anymore....jjust couldnt use it literally 2 seconds ago while egged

Now, since this is new, i have yet to try it...but think of this, THIS SHOULD BE HILARIOUS.......

IGNITE!!! KILL THEM WHILE YOU ARE A FREAKING EGG!

I guarantee a kill while in egg form will make people scream HAX and LOL for the rest of the game xD
pretty sure they removed the ability to use summoner spells while in egg form last patch.