Tips to people new to LoL, but Veterans to DotA.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Travice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2009

1) Never ever, ever ever ever, ever ever ever, everevereverever turret dive to attack a hero before level 16+ unless you're backed with uber heals, the turret will drop you in 5-10 hits(5-7 seconds) and if you're target-attacking a hero, turret automatically attacks you.

2) Bushes give instant invisibility with 0 fade time, you can see anybody in bushes as long as you're standing in the same patch(connected) of bush. Abuse this and juke people worse then fog juking in DotA.

3) Everything attack related stacks, on any hero you could have all of the following effects.

-Armor reduction(Think desolator)
-Slow(think skadi)
-life steal
-feedback(think diffusal)

Having all these effects a really beefy carry-type hero is AWESOME...albeit not viable.

4) So far in pub games I've noticed that only about 50% of people even realize that there is a chat function in the game, don't expect people to listen to early lane assignments or requests.

5) Play defensively, but expect many more low level wars, I had a 5v5 brawl in mid at level 2-3, it was awesome, had many /cheers coming from both sides of game.

6) Use neutral creep buffs correctly, don't take a lizard buff(Slow on attack) as a caster, offer it to your melee/range hero, subsequently give golem buffs(reduced cooldowns and mana regen) to your casters. You will know which monsters have these bonuses, they have huge colorful auras under them. The person to get the killing blow gains the bonus, and if you have a bonus then die to an enemy champion, you pass your buff along to them.

7) Poop

That's all I can really think of right now, some of this is given in the (Dota players click here) guide, just thought I'd touch on a few subjects in here.

Happy LoL'ing

Iskar

10-29-2009

8) No more Ancient Tangos.

EVILTeddy

10-29-2009

9) There is no chicken in this game ...
10) Heroes have not been balanced yet.

Crazy Demon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2009

11) Don't minimize during the load screen- its the only time you can see the enemies summoner skills.

12) Don't bother trying to juke around corners- they aren't sharp enough. Bush juking is the only viable way, and they can still see you if you have a DoT of some kind on you

13) The only way to teleport is with the summoner skill or recall back to base. No tp scrolls here.

14) Teleport will go through even if the building has die!!! It can not be cancelled (to my knowledge) in anyway except for enemy stuns to you. That means if you're tping from fountain to a dying tower, you're going there no matter what.

15) Teleporting to a unit will make that unit invulnerable.

16) Teleporting with the summoner skill is like tping in Dota, not like the recall- you will still tp even if ure taking damage. Only stuns will stop you

17) YOU CAN NOT TELEPORT TO A HIGHER LEVEL TOWER IF THE LOWER LEVEL TOWER IS STILL ALIVE. That means that if the lvl 1 tower or lvl 2 or lvl 3 tower is still alive, you can't tp back to the tower by the nexus. I don't know why, its ****ing retarded, and its gotten me killed too many times than should be necessary.

18) Denying creeps through spells (like Pirate's Raise Morale) is useless in this game. Individual creeps don't give enuf xp to make a difference if one creep is lost per wave.

19) Spell casters can CARRY. With the addition of AP in this game, spells caster are ****ing scary. There isn't any of that "Oh, I'm a caster, I can only do well early cause my spells don't scale well." You laugh at a farmed zeus late game cause you're carry dps doesn't give a **** about 350 dmg when you have 2K hp, but you'll cry when that farmed veigar is hitting you @ 1500 dmg per shot cause he's got 800 AP.

20) Lane farming is a piece of **** in LoL compared to Dota. In LoL, with the bounty system, you can get like 1K gold from killing a hero. Successful ganking won't put you behind a laner, most of the time it'll put you AHEAD of the laner throughout early, mid AND late game.

21) Expanding on the last point, last hitting is easier in the game, so you may be tempted just to lane since your creep score is so high. BAD IDEA. Three creep waves in LoL isn't as one creep wave in Dota. Don't lane farm, get ****ing hero killing. Its worth much more, trust me.

22) There's no bull**** over-leveling in LoL. If you're like 5 levels above the enemy in LoL, all they have to do is kill you once to even the odds with the bounty system. So don't **** around, get that nexus even if you have to back door.

23) Baron IS GOD. If you kill Baron (Roshan's equivalent), you don't get some little xp and gold and a nice little aegis. You get an omega buff that increases ALL of your heroes stats (health, dmg, AP, etc.). If your team gets the opportunity to take it, THEN GET IT. This **** turns games faster than a PA criting 4K.

24) BARRACKS RESPAWN. Games can be turned around if the heroes can defend long enuf for the rax to respawn. That being said, the creeps spawned when rax are destroyed really are SUPER creeps.

25) Fort doesn't work on rax, but it does make your turret kick ass and take names. Get this when you can so you can extend the turrets life as long as possible.

26) A TURRETS DAMAGE SCALES. That means the second hit wil hit harder than the first, the third more than the second, etc. etc. THIS MEANS TURRETS WILL HURT EVEN IN SUPER LATE GAME. Unless you're a super tank or a super dps, don't screw with a hero defending by a turret. That's why its important to have fort and extend the life of your turret as long as possible. Its a **** load harder to bd a turret than it is to bd a rax.

GNOY

10-29-2009

The number one tip is kinda too categorical. Good players know what they doing, especially if they played DotA for long. Not to mention that some heroes are good at towerdiving and there are Heal summoner spell to support you. You just should be careful about their CDs on Heal and Exhaust aswell. If they have Heal not on CD, you shouldn't risk it (you towerdive, enemy heals, you die, pretty bad).

And Baron dont auto-win games.

SheLookedLevel18

10-29-2009

sage

ghstflame

10-29-2009

i'll agree, baron doesn't quite auto win...however he will turn the tide in a fight if you have that buff. It is usually worth scouting baron's spawn to see if the enemy is doing him so you can go wreck their day

TomatoBisque

Adjudicator

10-29-2009

Quote:
19) Spell casters can CARRY. With the addition of AP in this game, spells caster are ****ing scary. There isn't any of that "Oh, I'm a caster, I can only do well early cause my spells don't scale well." You laugh at a farmed zeus late game cause you're carry dps doesn't give a **** about 350 dmg when you have 2K hp, but you'll cry when that farmed veigar is hitting you @ 1500 dmg per shot cause he's got 800 AP.
Nobody ever laughs at Zeus. Sup Static Field!

The Senate

10-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILTeddy View Post
10) Heroes have not been balanced yet.
I love it when people say this.

You weren't around for the multiple times that Cardmaster dominated the metagame. Or in the Baron Nashor Cup, the first LoL tournament, that teams needed a good Karthus to be viable. Oh man, and remember when Anivina just dominated all games? Or when Tibbers has a disgustingly long range and Anne could start any fight in any situation?

No, you're right. The 'heroes' (champions) haven't been balanced.

Crazy Demon

10-29-2009

Quote:
Nobody ever laughs at Zeus. Sup Static Field!
Yeah, Zeus is a bad example since his static field allows his spells to scale better than most spellcasters and I couldn't think of any other ones when I was typing that up. Still, casters on the hole ARE still scarier than those in Dota. Really, in Dota damage and armor were always a lot better than spells in the long run.