Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Yorick and Urgot free win 100% of the time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Levgre

07-09-2012

Quote:
Desocupado:
Tiamat for Yorick.
Armor for Urgot.

Armor does not really work well vs urgot. 12% penetration from Dominion, 10% from masteries, 12-20% from his E, and he can get 40% from last whisper if need be.

I've found stacking health with a little bit of armor works best(usually one armor item, just enough to have some but keep Last Whisper mediocre). Then you can stay at even 70-85% health if he locks on once.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

spreadfred

07-09-2012

ive been having decent success against both of those champs, so i'll share my general strategies for countering them:

yorick: stand next to the bushes. then when he launches his ghouls at you, duck into the bushes. this will cause the ghouls to lose focus on you (because they can't see you anymore). also, getting a sf cape or even a thornmail will kill the ghouls off rather quickly, giving them time for only 1 attack. singed is also a good counter, because his poison has a similar effect.

urgot: hard, spammable cc (silence or stun). i play malzahar a lot, and his q is a perfect example of this. when urgot launches his e, move towards him so he will be in range of your cc. the enemy is likely not expecting you to move towards him, so this should increase your chances of dodging it. if not, the cc will keep him from spamming his q, and neuter a lot of his damage.