Yorick and Urgot free win 100% of the time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1c5019c283e69d4080426

07-06-2012

This is kinda what's bugging me, and has stopped my enjoyment of this mode.

Whenever I want to win, I play yorick or urgot bottom and NEVER LOSE. EVER.
I've literally won a game last night where our nocturne was afk HALF THE GAME and we were easily stomping.

I've literally gone 1v2 node defense with Yorick and won, not even trying, just ulting myself and spamming qwe.

I know they're never going to make balance changes for the mode that is casual only, but I cannot have fun in this mode anymore knowing I can 100% win every time with these 2 champions.

Outside of blatant troll games, like 2 afks, or anivia walling us in, I've never lost a game with either.

IronAegis

07-06-2012

I don't really have that much trouble bot lane against Yorick. He's not really a WTFinyourfacedead kinda champ. He's just a big fat lump. I don't push him out, but I can stalemate it. At that point, its up to top, which seems to be a coin flip.

A good Urgot, on the other hand, is quite nasty. You get hit with the occasional grenade your lifebar starts imploding.

junseii

07-06-2012

I don't see yorick as a huge issue either, sure he's a really strong champ bot lane, but if you're smart about your build and playstyle, you won't lose your tower that easily. Best thing to do is to get some lifesteal so the damage from his ghouls becomes a null factor.

I'll also agree that Urgot can be a real terror on the map, he deals a lot of damage and doesn't go down too easy, not to mention his prime siege and defensive utility.

HaIfhearted

07-06-2012

There are a couple of champs who hard-counter Yorick bot lane.

I know from experience that Skarner (and by extension probably Udyr) rofl stomps him.
High elo friends of mine who play bot lane often tell me that Riven and Alistar also work as counters.

Also, I was watching Nekrogens stream, and apparently Maokai beats him after he gets a couple of items.

IS1c5019c283e69d4080426

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
There are a couple of champs who hard-counter Yorick bot lane.

I know from experience that Skarner (and by extension probably Udyr) rofl stomps him.
High elo friends of mine who play bot lane often tell me that Riven and Alistar also work as counters.

Also, I was watching Nekrogens stream, and apparently Maokai beats him after he gets a couple of items.
I know riven as a counter, but I don't think skarner is. I can easily keep him at bay with my w+e, and my q can easily burst his shield. Also, my ult is better in every way 1v1.

naotasan

07-06-2012

Draft mode

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
Draft mode
FAIL. Draft queues are stupidly long, and theres at least 5 queuedrops before a game gets going.

-------------

Yorick is strong but I've had problems vs:

a) A good jax. Counterstrike really hozes his Q, auto, and ghoul damage. Its at least a pretty good fight.

b) Kayle - Her slow-nuke, ranged nasty splashing autoattacks are a vicious combo.

c) Cassiopia - She is great at kiting, counterpushing and long range harassment.

d) Mao - saplings push pretty hard and his triplehit combo does a lot of damage.

PandemoniumHeart

07-06-2012

I feel like Urgot is counterable as well in the sense that you he can't do much if you he misses his E. Have someone with good mobility and range go down bot, dodge his E, and then trade while its on CD. Urgot lacks good pushing power, so if he can't kill you, you'll be fine.

Alternatively sustain and tankiness can work too.

DiscworldDeath

07-06-2012

I'll summarize a series of long replies I've made on eu-w. I'll dig them up if you want.

There are no free wins. Every win is earned. Low Elo is filled with people who spam OP champs and can't climb out. You have to work for each and every win.

BTW, that's also the mentality one has in order to carry.

OP, not OP, how to counter... all of that is irrelevant. Stop going into games with this mentality.

Kulim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
I'll summarize a series of long replies I've made on eu-w. I'll dig them up if you want.

There are no free wins. Every win is earned. Low Elo is filled with people who spam OP champs and can't climb out. You have to work for each and every win.

BTW, that's also the mentality one has in order to carry.

OP, not OP, how to counter... all of that is irrelevant. Stop going into games with this mentality.
I really agree with you here. SKILL plays more of a part then the actual champ.