Junglers are a dying breed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CreepingDeath04

07-07-2012

I only play normals and since I'm usually the jungler I have no problem with that. But 8/10 matches, the enemy team has a jungler too.
But I've seen less and less people jungling now, It's harder jungling than laning with randoms so I can understand that and with a team isn't that easy neither.

larsdragl

07-07-2012

in real low elo, no jungler can probably be smarter, because people dont know how to handle a 1v2 lane and end up feeding.
top needs a tanky champ, that doesnt get towerdived (read: not teemo). teleport probably important too. farm under tower and outlevel the others. the jungler shpuld NOT camp top. you might as well go 2v2 then, but make mid and bot snowball.

if i am mid and the enemy has no jungler i abuse the hell out of it. if i know for a fact, that i can kill my opponent if he commits to a 1on1 (because of stronger early, better farm or whatever reason), i can outzone him not just from cs but even from exp, because i dont have to give a **** about my positioning. (as long as bot and top are not mia)
the mere existence of a jungler just doesn't allow for certain aggresive playstyles

Jiggly Johnson

07-07-2012

any team with out a jungler has a disadvantage, so use that opportunity to give your self an edge.

if you play jungle when ever your team has no jungler, guess what 100 of your teams have a jungler.

unfortunately you'd be forced to play jungle 80 percent of the time.

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Your normal elo/rank elo is just too low that no one plays/cares about junglers anymore.

50mm3r

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weenis Too View Post
when i first started this game i was in love with cho and I was ALWAYS 1v2 but once again because ppl pick w/e they want and honestly never had a problem i even out cs'd the two and junglers never bothered my lane cause no kill potential but stale mate...
I remember when i started playing lux top in the 10-25 lvl range... always 2v1 top and it was easy with her, all AOE damage with tons of range to farm. Pretty good champ back then for 2v1s

lockpooh

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageWolves View Post
Your lanes should not be pushing all the time, especially when either team has a jungler. Generally, when you push, you will overextend and die.

As a jungler, when all your lanes are overextended, you have two primary tasks: farming your own jungle and counterjungling.

Basically, farm your jungle until
1. A gank opportunity arrives or a dragon chance comes, etc
or
2. The enemy jungler ganks a lane or is spotted somewhere on the map. Then, invade his jungle and steal camps (and potentially buffs) when he is gone. Make sure to time important buffs (Red and Blue respawn 5 minutes after the last creep is killed, for instance.)
How it's supposed to go and how it does go are completely different things. A lot of lanes just push endlessly and get ganked. They want me to babysit but's hard to sit in the tribush all game waiting for your lane to decide to start last hitting instead of blowing all their **** pushing the lane.

In regards to counter jungling, yeah I do counter jungle. But it doesn't have much of an effect when your lanes are feeding like a fat dude in an all-you-can-eat place because they don't know what last hitting is or refuse to pink with a roaming twitch.

yodaz12

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockpooh View Post
How it's supposed to go and how it does go are completely different things. A lot of lanes just push endlessly and get ganked. They want me to babysit but's hard to sit in the tribush all game waiting for your lane to decide to start last hitting instead of blowing all their **** pushing the lane.

In regards to counter jungling, yeah I do counter jungle. But it doesn't have much of an effect when your lanes are feeding like a fat dude in an all-you-can-eat place because they don't know what last hitting is or refuse to pink with a roaming twitch.
stop qq'ing about a few off games. obviously you will have times where ur team is just awful. its not the norm. It doesn't matter if your jungling or playing a carry. If every other person on your team feeds as your describing, you lose. Its an extreme situation that rarely happens.

In most norm games i've seen there's a jungler on both teams. Whether or not they actually know how to jungle is another story. There are also quite a few characters that can do well 2v1, the majority of them are chars that are normally mid. Just ask for a lane change if your not suited to the 2v1 and it will work out in your teams favor.

Shinako

07-08-2012

I don't play ranked, but I see it a lot in normals during the night time in North America. Like past 10-11 PM. During the day, I see junglers more often. Idk if that has to do with timezone or player base or anything.

slightly off topic, but at early morning in NA, like 5-10 AM, I see a lot more players who like to roam the map. Like the mid lane suddenly coming down even though his tower is pushed.

DrWhippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

Nope, no I havent because jungling guarantees me dragon and two other lanes definitely winning.

XgosuX

07-08-2012

At your elo maybe.