Junglers are a dying breed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyaboron

07-06-2012

The 2v1 caused top is difficult if they overwhelm you with a good combo. The gold/xp advantage of being solo top is nonexistent if they zone you out of any farm/xp and you have to sit under turret waiting for your jungler all day. I've seen people go 3 bot and the other team just matches them by putting a 3rd bot as well. If people are just matching lanes with how the other team sets up, they may be less inclined to jungle out of fear of being doubled up top. As less players jungle, even less players will jungle because they dont want to be blamed for the top lane feeding.

Weenis Too

07-06-2012

when i first started this game i was in love with cho and I was ALWAYS 1v2 but once again because ppl pick w/e they want and honestly never had a problem i even out cs'd the two and junglers never bothered my lane cause no kill potential but stale mate...

Stunnerss

07-06-2012

Play draft pick and you will always have a jungler

ChenLee

07-06-2012

I think most of the time in normal games people don't emphasis or "need" to jungle. That's prob one of the reason's why people don't jungle. I like to play accordingly to how the other team plays. A game in LoL is never the same, we'll because I play tank alot too.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Mchugelarge View Post
All it takes is one or two stuns and an ignite, and you're dead. I don't it's possible for anyone to survive getting beat down by to characters at the first few levels.
No offense, Nidalee is one of my mains and I love going top with her. I'll get pushed out until I'm 6, but I'm still able to farm reasonably. Two stuns do nothing if you cannot catch your opponent.

Once I am level 6, they are usually sitting at 4 or possibly 5, and I can usually spear one to half life or less, cougar in get a kill, they may stun me but I'll cougar right back out with half life and heal back up to full.

Mordekeiser can literately walk all over a 2v1 once he hits level 3.

Shen just sits and laughs at 2v1.

Blitzcrank is actually bad top, unless its 2v1 because usually that'll push you to the tower. Even experienced players get caught off guard by a grab once in a while.

Heimerdinger will just pwn face 2v1

There's quite a lot of other champions that can handle it, but those listed are just OP choices vs 2. Even though Riven isn't preferred, she can handle a 2v1 combo in the right hands.

Usually when you have 2 top, neither of them is that skilled. Personally, I don't go 2 top even if my team is doing it. I find it stupid giving up all the experience the jungle has. I'lll normally jungle, but even if I go mid or bot, I won't go top because I feel like I'm better than that.

Vikaryous

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Mchugelarge View Post
All it takes is one or two stuns and an ignite, and you're dead. I don't it's possible for anyone to survive getting beat down by to characters at the first few levels.
Cho'Gath says hello

Maylinchuuu

07-07-2012

I guess it's just cause many people can't do 2v1 and that's understandable.. Then you start feeding, the turrets go down, and everyone blames you for it. Jungling isn't the easiest thing either.

lockpooh

07-07-2012

Yeah, I've noticed this as well. But I used to be the one to always jungle, since I've stopped I noticed it's becoming a pain to get a jungler.

From my perspective, jungling just sucks unless you have a group. All your lanes push 24/7, you can't gank and every lane wants you to ward so they don't have to. People complain when enemy jungler has a field day going up and down the river smashing every lane because they all push without wards.

I got tired of it so I lane now. Can't be bothered with people asking for a gank after they've fed their lane and they only have 2 bars of HP left.

SavageWolves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockpooh View Post
Yeah, I've noticed this as well. But I used to be the one to always jungle, since I've stopped I noticed it's becoming a pain to get a jungler.

From my perspective, jungling just sucks unless you have a group. All your lanes push 24/7, you can't gank and every lane wants you to ward so they don't have to. People complain when enemy jungler has a field day going up and down the river smashing every lane because they all push without wards.

I got tired of it so I lane now. Can't be bothered with people asking for a gank after they've fed their lane and they only have 2 bars of HP left.
Your lanes should not be pushing all the time, especially when either team has a jungler. Generally, when you push, you will overextend and die.

As a jungler, when all your lanes are overextended, you have two primary tasks: farming your own jungle and counterjungling.

Basically, farm your jungle until
1. A gank opportunity arrives or a dragon chance comes, etc
or
2. The enemy jungler ganks a lane or is spotted somewhere on the map. Then, invade his jungle and steal camps (and potentially buffs) when he is gone. Make sure to time important buffs (Red and Blue respawn 5 minutes after the last creep is killed, for instance.)

Shadow Light M37

07-07-2012

Because not many players even rangers and mages can solo a 2v1 fight.