Junglers are a dying breed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nem3siS

07-06-2012

Anyone else notice that 7/10 games you will go up against a team with no jungle whereas before it was almost every game you had or went up against a jungle. Why the sudden change over the past month or so?

ValkyriaSoul

07-06-2012

Really, I've always seen both teams with jungles I'm playing normals, Are you referring to ranked games ?

Leonixxiii

07-06-2012

Its slight meta shift, where lots of tanky/DPS, and Tanky/Support combos are being used... What makes them work so well is most laners don't have the skills to handle 2v1, and take the XP advantage into mid/late game.

Weenis Too

07-06-2012

i see no tanky dps or tanky support combos -.- people just play whatever they want. If i had to guess why its because everyone wants to be the hero in the game so you either want ad top lane or mid... and the few junglers that have come out recently just arent heroes they are basically a secondary tanky support.

Best example being naut. Sure causes amazing disruption and tons of kills but end of day hes not a huge killer.

Leonixxiii

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weenis Too View Post
i see no tanky dps or tanky support combos -.- people just play whatever they want. If i had to guess why its because everyone wants to be the hero in the game so you either want ad top lane or mid... and the few junglers that have come out recently just arent heroes they are basically a secondary tanky support.

Best example being naut. Sure causes amazing disruption and tons of kills but end of day hes not a huge killer.
Well there is that too, but there are plenty who do that on purpose, and setup kill lanes for top, and bottom with a support in mid.

gvaness

07-06-2012

I have not.
I tend to Jungle, and if anything, have run into more teams where someone else wants to jungle than I used to. (unranked)

I'd say maybe 10% of games don't have a jungle on the enemy side.

Joystick

07-06-2012

I would definitely agree with this. As a person who mainly plays solo top with a duo partner who jungles, I'm more likely to be forced to lane against two people in normal matches. That being said though, in ranked matches there's almost always an enemy jungler. I suppose it's simply the attitude of normal being "practice" mode so it's not as important to have the experience/gold advantage. That being said, I usually take Nidalee top and she's amazing at holding her lane against two people.

Shottymaster

07-06-2012

I've recently tried out Jarvan, and he's fantastic at holding his solo lane against a non-jungler team, and can set up ganks extremely effectively.

I'd buy him if I weren't saving up for Jayce.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

I haven't seen this in a long time. Plus, 2v1 is easy with a lot of different champs so I think it's silly for someone to attempt this.

Fat Mchugelarge

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
I haven't seen this in a long time. Plus, 2v1 is easy with a lot of different champs so I think it's silly for someone to attempt this.
All it takes is one or two stuns and an ignite, and you're dead. I don't it's possible for anyone to survive getting beat down by to characters at the first few levels.