Irelia vs Warwick Top (Build suggestions plz)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Newfie007

07-06-2012

I was Irelia and got beat up. Need some tips on what to build against him.

I didn't lose right away...eventually he was able to zone me because of his sustain was far greater than mine. He didn't start to dominate me until level 4/5 (Probably because of sustain)

His core was wriggles + FH. I being silly...went for....Triforce...*gulp*. In hindsight that wasn't too smart.

Should have I built wriggles / Wits End?

Appreciate any tips. I knew going into this fight he'd have the advantage...I just didn't do anything about it :/

Rougin88

07-06-2012

The only way you will beat WW in lane is by figuring out a way to reduce his healing he receives.
GP/MF/Trist are great counters to WW sustain in lane. Irelia got smashed in lane because her sustain is nothing compared to WW sustain in lane. He has it on auto attack and Q.

If you really want to go with Irelia against WW I would suggest maxing your W first and getting an executioners calling with ignite

Weenis Too

07-06-2012

Rushing tri force probably your issue. As soon as you see your losing you have to go big on sustain, he had obv his passive but wriggles is another form of life steal,
phage is fine i know most want sheen because once you have sheen you can really wreck but... you probably should have went for phage then a giants belt or just rushed life life life so you could take abuse for long periods of time and just have a farming match.

Irelia cant trade with him but she can hold the lane forever.

Shottymaster

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weenis Too View Post
Rushing tri force probably your issue. As soon as you see your losing you have to go big on sustain, he had obv his passive but wriggles is another form of life steal,
phage is fine i know most want sheen because once you have sheen you can really wreck but... you probably should have went for phage then a giants belt or just rushed life life life so you could take abuse for long periods of time and just have a farming match.

Irelia cant trade with him but she can hold the lane forever.
Pretty much this.

You didn't have the burst to outright kill him, nor did you have the defensive stats required to actually fight him, when he heals off everything you dish out.