Tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rougin88

07-06-2012

I recently just learned that people are not taking the Tribunal seriously and do not actually view over the case.

Is something being done to the people who are just punishing people all the time when they could have been wrongly accused?

If not some kind of internal control needs to be set up so the Tribunal is not being taken advantage of for free IP.

NitroNatalie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Where did you hear that? Can you cite references? Personally, I review all of my Tribunal cases very thoroughly.

Plus, if you just spam, you won't get IP unless a vast majority of voters agree with you. How's that for control?

Rougin88

07-06-2012

Well I did a random search through Google where I found multiple people saying that they just spam the punish.

There are plenty of people who go through the Tribunal and actually look into the games like you an I but there are still people abusing this.

Here is an example:
Earlier today I saw someone got reported for an 0-8-25 tank with a victory for feeding. This I feel should not have been put in the tribunal because all tanks die and usually never get kills. Including the assists that the tank has I really saw no reason to punish plus all his items were good and he was not abusive at all in his chat.

I just know people will Punish him because the first thing that they will see is that he has a 0-8-25 record and will say he is feeding just because of his deaths.

ageking

07-06-2012

I always review the tribunal... honestly if you take the 10 seconds to read the chat it is usually so obvious if it was 'intentional feeding' or not. Tribunal isnt perfect, but it is a very good way of getting the community involved in policing itself.

Kavrae

07-06-2012

The problem is definitely there if a large enough group does it. At that point, whether right or wrong, the majority insta-lock "Punish" and it goes through, IP for all. Is there really a good way to fix this though? So far, every measure I've come up with will punish people using the Tribunal correctly as much as the farmers.

Overall, i think it's a good system that could use some tweaks; if they can be found.

Shottymaster

07-06-2012

With some cases you can tell without even needing to read the chat log, but I usually glance at it just to make sure, even if I don't think I need to.

OriginalJack

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arganess View Post
I just know people will Punish him because the first thing that they will see is that he has a 0-8-25 record and will say he is feeding just because of his deaths.
Actually you are just assuming they are going to punish. You can't really know for sure how everyone is voting but i feel like if there were really all that many people spam punishing there would be a lot more people posting about how they got banned unfairly that were actually innocent. Whenever somebody posts that they have been banned unfairly it's almost always a justified banning.

Also in the above hypothetical case I would still read the chat and might end up punishing anyway if he was breaking the summoner's code in some other way even if he was reported for intentional feeding.

Shottymaster

07-06-2012

Just got a case worth 5 free IP.

Reviewing case for: "FUK THE TRIBUNAL"

'Nuff said.

KnightxSScarlett

07-06-2012

In all honesty, they should remove the IP for Tribunal. Without IP in Tribunal, there is nothing to gain, and atm there is already nothing to lose so we'll either see more serious Tribunal users or less serious Tribunal users. Hmmm