What!?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosTempest195

07-06-2012

i'm level 11 and suddenly i'm facing level 26 to 30 on dominion. What? i do ok but never my best. Why Riot?

FDru

07-06-2012

Matchmaking isn't based on level.

DiscworldDeath

07-06-2012

Matchmaking tries to pair up sub-30s with other sub-30s. If you're level 11 or 26 doesn't matter as much.

Most level 30s you'll meet pre-made with someone who's under level 30.

Risemix

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Matchmaking isn't based on level.
It is to an extent. If you're level 11, it won't match you with level 30s no matter what (well unless you are matched against a premade with a level 30).

DiscworldDeath

07-06-2012

Risemix, that's not true. If the level 30s premake with sub-level 30s, or if your Elo is high enough (over 1.6k?) then it'd still match you against level 30s.

2k Elo players at level 11 get matched only against other level 30s, basically.

Risemix

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Risemix, that's not true. If the level 30s premake with sub-level 30s, or if your Elo is high enough (over 1.6k?) then it'd still match you against level 30s.

2k Elo players at level 11 get matched only against other level 30s, basically.
I just really dont' believe that. I made an account on EU-W recently and won every game all the way to level 9 or 10 but was never matched with anyone over level 15 or 16.

Now Riot DOES have ways of telling what your smurf accounts are and adjusting your matchmaking based on that data (anti-smurfing mechanism), but that's entirely different. A new player who has never had a previous account can not be matched with level 30s no matter how much they win. :|

ChaosTempest195

07-06-2012

But like before i only got up two level 20s in my games. Now suddenly Im getting high levels Im quite confused still
i have only been playing a month i doubt i have high elo not that i know what it is

DiscworldDeath

07-06-2012

They probably have a threshold at level 1-11.

Also, you may have began with 1,150 Elo, as starting, and/or there'd been enough players like you. But that's how it goes.

BTW, ask Nekrogen, Aparkhurst, Porcinette, Bonecrusher9, etc. Many people on eu-w have smurfs and only play against level 30s.

aToasterStrudel

07-06-2012

I played on this account yesterday and the very first game was a team of all level 30's (my team) vs 1 level 30 and rest were sub level 20 for some reason. Made me feel pretty bad knowing the matchup after it was over.

TCWA Tigerbite

07-06-2012

I could be completely wrong, but I don't think your ELO goes up just because you win or down just because you lose. I've noticed my ELO go up after losses as well as going down after a win. Or I could have been imagining things, who knows.