Is it intended that Trynd's ult lets him survive the fountain turret?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imweasel09

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2012

I just spectated a friend's game where a tryndamere chased an ezreal into the purple fountain and survived the spawn turret by using his ult, since this doesn't happen on summoner's rift I'm wondering if this is a bug or something intended for dominion.

Melvear

07-05-2012

His ult's purpose is that he doesn't die. So, to answer your question, yes.

imweasel09

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvear View Post
His ult's purpose is that he doesn't die. So, to answer your question, yes.
His ult doesn't save him from the fountain turret on SR, I'm curious as to why it would work differently here.

Blackfire447

07-05-2012

I don't think so, but Riot never bothered to fix it I imagine, pretty low on the priority list, being dominion and all, and only being to one specific champ.

onisnake

Recruiter

07-05-2012

ive survived Sr fountain with trynd ult, it just doesnt happen ofton. The ult makes it so he can't be reduced below 1 hp for the duration.

0shi

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfire447 View Post
I don't think so, but Riot never bothered to fix it I imagine, pretty low on the priority list, being dominion and all, and only being to one specific champ.

Kayle and poppy's ults eliminate tower damage too.

Catnium

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shi View Post

Kayle and poppy's ults eliminate tower damage too.
poppys ult dusnt
thats been nerfed as far as i remember

0shi

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnium View Post
poppys ult dusnt
thats been nerfed as far as i remember
Do you mean recently, and specifically the dominion tower?
I was definitely immune to tower damage last time I tried it with Poppy, but that may have been as much as a few months ago.

imweasel09

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by onisnake View Post
ive survived Sr fountain with trynd ult, it just doesnt happen ofton. The ult makes it so he can't be reduced below 1 hp for the duration.
Then that was a bug because the SR fountain turret will kill you no matter what as it is right now, trynd ult kayle ult and poppy ult don't stop it.

PandemoniumHeart

07-06-2012

I feel like it does make sense if they worked differently though. Dominion dives into their spawn aren't too unfrequent or pointless- you may be defending an opposing point well and get one of them to low health when they towerdive you, and chase them into their spawn looking to finish them. However, this may not be an indication the game is over or one-sided at all, and may just be a brief instance of dominance. The person living or surviving may have a real impact on the game.

On SR, spawndiving is usually only happening for the lulz when the game has already been decided.