Garrison and Promote

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2012

Are they even useful here?

konfetarius

07-05-2012

Garrison is OP, Promote is situational (and bot only, I'd say).

Clutch garrisons won so many tourney games, it's absurd.

Risemix

07-05-2012

Garrison is one of the best summoner spells on the map.

Promote, I'm not sure. I see it used as a gimmick by Malz and Heimer but I doubt it's optimal.

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2012

I never saw too much Dominion Streams, how can Garrison even be used effectively?

CommodoreSkippy

07-05-2012

Garrison is great for a few reasons:

-Interrupts everybody channeling to cap, at range.

-For champs who can't clear minions quick, it will counter a minion-wave-assisted push by the enemy to your turret. And even if you can, sometimes the fight going on is intense enough that minions get left unchecked, and that can be your downfall. One button fixes that.

-Can take a turret on the verge of being neutralized to full. In most cases, I believe it is worse to have a turret with a tiny sliver of health left than to have it neutralized. At least if it's neutralized, you can recap it to full when the danger has passed, but there is nothing you can do about a turret being ALMOST empty but guard it zealously until it slowly heals itself.
That's not terrible, but it stretches your resources (teammates), and resource allocation is what Dominion is all about.
I won't typically bust a Garrison to heal a turret that is in no immediate danger, but I will refill one from time to time if a weak one is getting some harassment from minions and/or a lone enemy. It discourages them from trying, since what they thought was an easy cap just turned into a full health laser death machine.

-In any situation, it delays enemy captures. Even if they are free to channel uninterrupted, the massive regeneration from Garrison slows them down considerably, giving your teammates the extra few seconds it might take to swoop in and defend it. I think we all know that just arriving just a few seconds faster or a few seconds too late makes a huge impact on the outcome of a fight.

Drubie

07-05-2012

what about Garrison when attacking? Is it ever used when trying to get someone or two people of the point. I use it for both defending (mostly) but sometimes for attacking and not sure if this is the best use

MyDeadGrandma

07-05-2012

I die a little inside when I see Alistar and Maokai holding windmill and nobody has garrison so we can tower dive them.

Volandum

07-05-2012

I use offensive garrisons all the time to support dives and counter defensive garrisons.

naotasan

07-05-2012

Garrison... so many games changed because of that.

ArlanKels

07-05-2012

Promote is most useful against champions who have to devote significant resources to the promoted creep to deal with it.

If they can't easily murder it in two seconds then it will cause big problems for their team.