"Harasser" role in Dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedIsDead45

07-04-2012

So I've picked up Dom ever since I gave up on it in its chaotic uprisings and I can't believe how organised it's become. 3 top, 1 mid, 1 bot. A great team (in my view) is something like this. 2 tanks 1 interrupter 1 assassin and 1 harasser. In my view a harasser is a champ that can run around and just poke at points if not capture them. This heavily breaks the enemy teams concentration and can end a point siege with extraordinary ease. Just attempt to capture their mid or bottom point if you are sieging or are currently being siegied. They have to send someone to deal with you and bot's unending struggle will end or your chances of grabbing top improve massively. Some great characters I assume would fill this role would be Teemo, Evelynn, Twitch, and Hecarim.

Just pointing out that role that I think I understand. Do I have that all correct?

NavyGothic

07-04-2012

Someone needs to introduce you to POOTERS.

RedIsDead45

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGothic View Post
Someone needs to introduce you to POOTERS.
I might regret it, but... explain?

DarkTemplar99

07-04-2012

Zilean, Flash, Ghost, Time Warp, Boots of Mobility, Phantom Dancer, Guardian Angel, Chronoshift = Pooters back-cap strategy.

HaIfhearted

07-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTemplar99 View Post
Zilean, Flash, Ghost, Time Warp, Boots of Mobility, Phantom Dancer, Guardian Angel, Chronoshift = Pooters back-cap strategy.
Close, but not quite.

POOTERSS build tanky CDR speed Zilean: Boots of Mobility, QSS, Shurelias, FoN, Spirit Visage.
Not sure what he does for armor, but I would assume Frozen Heart.

0/21/9 Masteries, with as much movespeed and bulk as possible. Make sure to get extended buff duration in the utility tree, to increase the duration of the speed shrines.

Always backcap never die.

I recently tried it myself during the free Zil week on my smurf.

I was having SO much fun running around spamming laugh while 2 people on their team chased me through the jungle, while another one just sat on their mid point to keep me from backcapping it.

Meanwhile, my team was able to easily take top 3v1 (since the enemies were too busy chasing me through the jungle) and then when they grouped up and pushed to take their mid back I came down and helped Yorick win bot cause it's impossible to run away from a Yorick and a Zilean that are both spamming slows on you.

It doesn't work nearly as well at high elo anymore cause people have figured out how to play against it, but even at its worst POOTERSS Zilean still makes the game into a 4v4, so its not like you lose anything for running it.

Its a really fun playstyle, and I recommend everyone who plays or even at least owns Zilean to at try it at LEAST once.

Carpe Vinum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

It also works well with Rammus (or anyone else with a built in move-speed boost).

BearNation

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsDead45 View Post
So I've picked up Dom ever since I gave up on it in its chaotic uprisings and I can't believe how organised it's become. 3 top, 1 mid, 1 bot. A great team (in my view) is something like this. 2 tanks 1 interrupter 1 assassin and 1 harasser. In my view a harasser is a champ that can run around and just poke at points if not capture them. This heavily breaks the enemy teams concentration and can end a point siege with extraordinary ease. Just attempt to capture their mid or bottom point if you are sieging or are currently being siegied. They have to send someone to deal with you and bot's unending struggle will end or your chances of grabbing top improve massively. Some great characters I assume would fill this role would be Teemo, Evelynn, Twitch, and Hecarim.

Just pointing out that role that I think I understand. Do I have that all correct?
Yes, it's a role that many don't get & the point systems does not reward at all.
Some changes in mindset - do try to cap point, watch the minmap & know where your opponants are.

Have a goal at any particular point in time. It might be:
1. Cap their mid - this sends minions towards their bot (and top if they have it)
2. draw the person who has capped our bot back towards their bot.
3. draw & occupy 1 or 2 of them, so our team has an easier fight somewhere else
4. be a roaming ward - since Dominion does not have wards - if you can use your vision to let your team know where they are - that helps, is not rewarded & can get you killed, but knowing where your opponants are is a key to winning.

Overall if you can get the general movement of their team back towards their base, that is a win. If your team is moving towards their base & their team is also moving towards their base your odds of winning are much higher.

Pee On Me Elmo

07-08-2012

Sorry to de-rail your topic but is there a thread that can explain the current strategy, roles, and other basics? I want to get back to trying dominion but I don't want to be put of from doing horrible, or feeling lost.

inFe eD

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagudo Acolyte View Post
Sorry to de-rail your topic but is there a thread that can explain the current strategy, roles, and other basics? I want to get back to trying dominion but I don't want to be put of from doing horrible, or feeling lost.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2244698