How do you use pantheon

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

berserkhobo85

07-04-2012

I cant seem to get Pantheon to work right granted im new but **** I feel like i wasted points. So tell me how do you build him and what your usual tactics are for him.

TeknoWizard

07-04-2012

Harass, get Brutalizer, stomp face for a while, then get tanky.

Balkar

07-04-2012

What have you been building with him?

The real lesson here is to not spend points on champs you haven't played yet.

Garroth

07-04-2012

Pantheon is my favorite champ. You want to start with dorans blade and take flash/ignite for sum spealls. Once laning phase starts try to hit atealst one spear(pref two) without takin much damage at lvl one. Take ur jump/stun at lvl 2 then just jump stun ignite and throw spear auto attack if they flash u fash. U willl get first blood almost everytime, tho sometimes u can die after first blood if ther to close to a tower, but who care your mantheon and just got first blood(your not gonna let a tower stop you are you?). Then just eveytime they are weaker then u junp on them and try to kill them. He is good top in some situations(best vs Gankplank, so fun to top gainst as pantheon), my fav junlger since he can and will gank someone at lvl 2 and basically every lvl there on out ,and fun person for bot kill lanes. Also great mid vs almost any ap just get magic resist at lvl one and kill them over n over. Only mid I dont like to play against is Morde but its still do able just got be more tactful.

berserkhobo85

07-05-2012

Granted I have only played a few games with him but I built him with berserkers greaves and have tried youmuu's ghost blade, nashors tooth, ionic spark, shurelya's reverie across several games but i just played a game and went 7/8/5 and i built berserkers greaves then frozen mallet (health mix of damage and slowing) then to the good old infinity edge and that worked out. I also changed up my tactics I waited for combat to initiate then i would jump in hold him and start hiting and chucking spears. He is not the spear head to an assult but more like a scalpel used for precision strikes but keep the tactics coming ill keep trying them. what about guinsoo's rageblade on him ?

Nesious

07-05-2012

Meh, Boots, 2 Dorans, (1 or none if ur winning lane easy mode) Brutalizer, then get more DMG if your like 10/0 or something insane, or if not get some tanky items like atmogs or something.

Khizan

07-05-2012

I'm not a ranked player; I've played two games there and lost both of them(Neither of them were as Pantheon, though). Mostly, I just play normal blind picks, and I usually play Pantheon. So while I'm no high ELO hero, I've gotten fairly decent at stomping lanes in normals. With that said:

Panth isn't your standard AD champion. Champions like Trynd, Yi, and Fiora are melee AD carries; the bulk of their damage is in their autoattacks. Pantheon is an AD caster; the bulk of his damage is his abilities, specifically his Spear Shot and Heartseeker Strike. Think of him like a mage with a spear and you should start improving. Attack speed and crit are much less important to him than raw AD.

For runes, I like flat AD reds and quints, scaling mana regen yellows, and mres blues(flat or scaling). The flat AD lets you last hit better, and the armor and mres help your sustain. You can switch out for flat armor yellows if you want the added durability. I'd run armors in higher tier play, but for blind normals, I find that mana regen lets me be so aggressive I can usually stomp the lane easily. Against more skilled people, I'd probably want the armor.

Masteries are a standard AD 21/9/0, and for summoner spells I like flash and either ignite or exhaust. If my team has no exhaust, I take exhaust. Otherwise, usually ignite.

Skillwise, I generally do this: QWQEQ. After this, max the spear first and heartseeker second. I usually put off my second level of jump until L13, maxing heartseeker at 12. The jump is, I find, mostly a positioning thing since most people won't stand in it. Since that's the case, I prefer getting my max heartseeker a level early. After the first point in the stun at L2, ignore it till you have nowhere else to put points.

Itemwise, start boots and 3 pots or cloth armor and 5 pots. I prefer boots/3 the vast majority of the time, only taking cloth/5 when I know it's gonna be a rough lane. My next item is almost always a Brutalizer, for the cheap early AD/ArP/CDR. If you have to go back before you get a Brutalize, pick up a Doran's Blade. You can always resell it. After that, a go for a Bloodthirster; since Panth's an AD caster, this is by far the best of the BF items for him, giving him needed sustain and a ton of AD. For boots, I go Mercury's or Ninja Tabi, depending on whether or not I need the tenacity, or the armor/BA reduction. After the Bloodthirster, I usually go for a tanking item. Frozen Mallet for health, Guardian Angel for armor/mres.

Of course, try to buy a few wards everytime you go back in addition to your other things.

A situational item for me is the Hexdrinker, which I'm becoming more and more fond of. Gives some great survivability against AP, and now it upgrades into the Maw. If I'm laning against an AP, this often replaces the Brutalizer. Another situational item for me is Wriggles. 1600g for AD, armor, a free ward, lifesteal, and a powerful farming proc that helps take objectives is pretty solid. If I take this, though, I'm probably going 1v2 and started cloth/5.

Playstyle is pretty aggressive. To start off, autoattack 4 times to get your passive up. You always want this passive up. It's awesome. After it's up, start last-hitting while harassing with the spear. Don't go overboard at low levels, though; you want to be able to start going for a kill at L3-4 when you've got your stun and heartseeker, and you can't do that if you're tapped out from L1-2 harassment. If you've got to, use the spear to last hit, but try to do so sparingly.

You've got a lot of early game burst; your spear should be keeping your opponent cautious. If they're at 50% or lower, usually, a spear/stun/heartseeker/spear + ignite will often kill them. If not, it'll probably drive them back. Abuse your passive to towerdive if they're low, but be careful. Going 1 for 1 is often worse than just letting them recall while you keep gaining exp/gold in the lane.

While laning, keep the pressure on. Panth's an aggressive champ who falls off late game, so you want to dominate early. If you kill your lane opponent, think about ganking another lane. Panth's a powerful ganker, especially after 6 when he gets his jump.

I'm kind of writing a book here, so I'm gonna cut myself off here and leave off with this: the key to playing Pantheon is learning how to play aggressively without playing stupidly. It takes some practice, but it's a helluva lot of fun.

berserkhobo85

07-05-2012

well heres the latest on my story with pantheon, tactics wise i wait for others to engage then jump in right after the first blow. equipment I start with zerker greaves or mercs depends on lane this time it was zerkers then to frozen mallet to bloodthirster to phantom dancer and i was working on leviathin when the game ended. We won i had the best record across the board with 14/5/8 for skills i used flash and ignite. ignite seems like its not so useful but flash saved my life 3 times so i may switch out ignite for heal or something else.

Khizan

07-05-2012

Zerker's are a complete waste. Pantheon is AD but he is NOT an autoattack champion. Attack speed is not particularly useful on him at all.

AznCrusader

07-05-2012

Take a Doran's blade, go solotop, farm, buy Merc Treads, get ad items, stomp carries.