A Vengeful Heart and A Cold Gun (Caitlyn fanfic)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Opi Lord of Time

3 Weeks Ago

Whew, it's been awhile! Haven't written on here since before Christmas! Well, hopefully I'm not too rusty to make an enjoyable story, so here you go!

The world slows as I look down the scope of my gun. Sounds of the crowd fade into a dull roar, like a seashell put to one's ear. All I care about is the Noxian General between my crosshairs. To be fair, I don't even care about him, only that I see him crumple, dead, to the ground within the next few seconds. I take a breath, put my cheek to the gun, and pull the trigger.

He's dead in an instant. No chance, despite the medically-trained bodyguards near him. They didn't do their job well, did they? I chuckle silently at my own joke. Slowly the world comes back to life, sounds become distinguishable again. I hear screaming from the crowd. They're confused about what's going on, but I think some of them have an idea. For a moment I feel a pang of regret, and then I remember what he's done to me, to my city.

As I walk silently away, breaking down and slowing my rifle, I can see clearly in my mind's eye the fires burning the city to the ground. I picture the twisted metal and scrap that is all that remains of The City of Progress. The thick, suffocating smoke that so many people fall too. And all too well, the thousands upon thousands of bodies. The most haunting being the stone cold, laughing face of my partner in peace, capturing the final moments before the attack. Vi, my best friend and partner, is dead.

As I look up from my own thoughts, I see I've nearly reached Noxus borders. I know I could flee now, and they'd never find me. The league would grant me asylum, waiting out the terrible war to come. As I look to the tall, concrete wall, I know what I've got to do. With face set into a stare of grim determination, I turn from the wall and start back the way I came. I am Caitlyn, former Sheriff of Piltover. Once a keeper of the law, now a refuge from it.

This is kind of short, I know, but I'm writing on a mobile device atm. Be patient, more will likely come soon.

Loperixie

2 Weeks Ago

Stuff's about to get real, it looks like.

Opi Lord of Time

2 Weeks Ago

Oops! It actually was a typo xD. Well, maybe. I was a little tired writing that. I think I was in flashback-mode, where it's viewed in present tense. I dunno. I think I'll keep the flashback-mode kinda thing. Hope this helps

EDIT

Next chapter almost done

Opi Lord of Time

2 Weeks Ago

The pub I entered was dimly lit, loud, and dirty. In short, it was exactly like every other pub in existence. A group of men sat at the bar, closest to the right wall and in front of a door. I could tell they were Noxian veterans; many of them had medals of honor on display, garishly pinned across their front. I chuckle silently as I walk to the opposite end of the bar. Noxians and their values, it disgusts me. As I sit and am about to order, I hear a loud voice, "Hey baby! Why don't you come over here and have a drink?", I look up, and see the man speaking is in the middle of the group and dons the most medals. He's drunk, but I comply and walk over, smiling. For now. As a sheriff, I wouldn't have to be so subtle. Yet there was no choice, I was wanted as the mystery sniper all across Noxus. I sit in the chair he's just cleared for me, smiling all the time. He smells, and I can feel my nose wanting to wrinkle in disgust. I stop it just in time.

"Hey hon, what's your name?", He asks with a drunken slur

"Cait, and yours?"

"Well Katey, I'd like to buy you a drink, and no lady has ever turned one down before!", He says, seeming to not hear the last part of my comment.

"And I'll not be the first.", I say, smiling coyly. He turns to the bartender, and holds up two fingers. He's ordering for himself, perfect. A drunk war veteran would easily slip information about what was going on, military-wise, in Noxus. The bartender slides him the drinks, smiling seemingly knowingly. It was strange, at the time, but I dismissed it as a strange smile.

"Here you go darling!", he passes me the drink. It's grog. I hate grog, never liked the taste of nearly pure alcohol. He looks to me expectantly, and I realize he wants me to take a drink. Somehow I know he'll check to see if I actually drank it, so I down a couple of swallows, barely keeping my face straight. It tastes slightly different, strange, but then maybe I just hadn't tasted it in a while. That wasn't the case, and I knew it immediately as I started to feel sleepy. The drink was tranquilized! The man saw me and laughed, then with mock concern, said "You don't look so good hun, maybe you should go lie down someplace.", He leads me, and I'm helpless, and I feel like I'm walking through a thick sheet of fog. He opens the door behind him and shoves me through. I fall onto the hard ground, and all I hear before blacking out is his sinister chuckle.

*This is not the full chapter but I'm pressed for time atm, I'll edit this with the rest when I get the chance*

GS CodeLocked

1 Week Ago

Bump.