confusion about gp vs panth

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skilltestingman

07-04-2012

i just went into a queue where we had a gp and riven. The enemies last pick was pantheon and we saw he was going top. Our riven, originally jungler, said "nope im not jungling. Gp vs panth is a throw". Obviously everyone was pissed, esp me, because the gp wasn't too well with jungle and had never jungle gp'd. And the riven mained jungle.

So is gp vs panth that bad that you'd rather him go to jungle (not experienced) rather than go to the roles your better at? is gp vs panth really a throw?

I left the queue cause i saw the riven was a 10 year old girl

TeknoWizard

07-04-2012

Panth attacks to block Parrrleys, and then out harasses GP. It's a tough lane for GP, but I see no reason to say it's a throw.

Timammoth

07-05-2012

yea although panth can block gp's parley. I still think that it is not a complete counter and that gp can still do ok if he plays it right.

roughneck65

07-05-2012

I beat a panth as to yesterday. You auto attack to get rid of his block the E+Q to put the damage on. Then use a potion. I started with clothe armor 5 pots so I out damaged him quickly and sent him home. It is all about being able to use what you have available

HateDaddy

07-05-2012

It's definitely tough in the laning phase for GP. He's not going to harass Pantheon out of lane the way he does a lot of champs but it's definitely not a match GP isn't capable of surviving either. Just farm, Pantheon is all poke and as a result, falls of incredibly hard once the lane phase ends. GP will still have a much greater presence whereas Pantheon faces the dilemma of becoming tanky to survive teamfights but do next to no damage or go glass cannon and get curb stomped in teamfights. Sometimes you just gotta' know who you can and can't harass and typically Pantheon is always one of those champions you can't harass during lane phase.

SaveTheMaids

07-06-2012

As long as GP doesn't try to trade with him, and just farms, he'll be better mid-late game.

Unfortunately, most GP's either feed early or ping for ganks constantly (while raging at their team/jungler).
They also don't care to invest in an early chain vest to negate that damage.