# of Ranked games played should effect matchmaking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zackcy

07-04-2012

Being around starting elo, it is quite frustrating to play this game. 90% the games are decided by which team has the person with 1-30 wins.

I just played a game where 2 of the people had less than 30 ranked games played. Spammed GG after we died first blood, and after every single death, and fed like crazy. Wasn't trying to avoid ganks at the slighest.

I absolutely hate how a huge majority of games are decided by which team has the one guy who feeds and screws over their team.

I think being paired with people who have a similar amount of games might decrease this problem.

I know what you are about to say. " # games played =/= skill." While that is true, experience is something that is seperate from skill and only acquired from # of games played. Someone with 200 games played knows that you can comeback from small deficits. Also skill =/= elo. I got to 1350 during my placement matches, and I am 10x the player I am today than I was 300 games ago.

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2012

After a certain point, the number of games played does not matter much. I have multiple friends with 300-400 wins who are far better players than some with over 1000 wins.

Still, I'm not sure how you basically feeding helped resolve the situation at all. So you gave up trying to live or make any comeback of any sort? All I can say is enjoy your ELO hell. Everybody everywhere will tell you in ranked, you if you want to raise your ELO, you have to try every game no matter how bad it gets. No, you won't win them all, but every single one you do win is basically a 25 ELO swing.

Weenis Too

07-04-2012

i dont think he is trying to seperate 300-400 wins vs 1000 wins it seems you deeply misunderstood the point being made.

And yes you have to try to win everygame and make the most out of it but that still neglects the point people hit lvl 30 which is xx games till 30 (not wins...) and join ranked instantly.

He might have the wrong attitude but what he says is very very very true.

Aethio

07-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElf View Post
No, you won't win them all, but every single one you do win is basically a 25 ELO swing.
When do you start getting 25 ELO? I'm only getting 12-16 =/

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2012

25 is 12-16 x2. Because thats 12-16 ELO you gain instead of lose for a net change of 25-30.

Basically if you get behind and accept defeat instead of trying, you are guaranteed to lose at least 12 elo. If you try and win though, you gain 12 elo instead.

Hope that better explains it.