AFK's ruining Dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aman1ta

07-04-2012

Ok, so my post title is a little dramatic.. just played 3 out of 4 games with an afk of some kind.. at 10-30 minutes a game.. what a waste. Not just complaining though, i'm sure there's a way to either prevent the afk's from entering the game (a check in system at char. select?), or a way of ending the game if someone is immobile or d/c'ing for a certain amount of time (surrender never works).

Please spare me the "just win 4v5" comments.. that's def. possible, but not vs an experienced bunch of players.. I really like dominion, i'd like to see this fixed. Sorry if this has been posted, but i'm sure it's worth discussing again.

Rebel Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2012

There's really nothing for it but to report the AFKs.

But yea, they really suck. Being forced to lose a game because one of your teammates decided to sit in base.

Beezil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2012

there is a very slim chance you can still win if you guys are fed like crazy and defend. Until Riot gets off their asses and does something about the issue, keep complaining and reporting afks.

emikochan

07-04-2012

I used to get loads of afks in games, but I guess due to the lower population playing dominion, the mass reporting must be working, cause i haven't had an afk in ages

Buddha Belly

Recruiter

07-04-2012

kick and mid game replacements imo =)

aman1ta

07-04-2012

Buddah, awesome idea! This is something that i was thinking too, in-game kicks and replacements, maybe even a replacement queue you can join, like say you select replacement queue and it shows you the vacant chars who have been kicked, you'd have to come in as the same char, so you could choose a char u wanted to play in the queue menu. Not sure if many people would do that but it would be a quick way to jump in a game... there could be bonus' for people who helped turn games around for teams that were losing due to afk... extra IP, runes.. it's doable.

and another..

If the game detects someone sitting (not lagging) in spawn when the game begins, it gives them 3 seconds or so and then an annoying noise starts beeping and gets progressively louder until they get their asses moving. This will at least make the kids who are making nacho's when the game starts rush their asses back to the comp.. unless their using headphones i guess

you have some better ideas? let's hear them.

PandemoniumHeart

07-04-2012

Personally I think the simplest way is if the community could learn to have a player sit out when they see the opposing team is 4 v 5, thus making it 4 v 4.

Sadly I seem to be the only one who thinks trying to practice this is a good idea.

aman1ta

07-04-2012

i've never thought of that... im not sure that would catch on like you said, but if the player sitting out got priority in the queue upon exit.. it might work, good one! again i think it comes down to rewarding the good, selfless behavior.

aman1ta

07-05-2012

must be more ideas out there..

Black Lyon

07-06-2012

This has been a huge issue since release and still hasn't been addressed. I'm not sure what can actually be done to fix the problem, if anything, but I think it is part of the reason Dominion has reportedly such a low player population. Until you are between 20 to 40 games above .500 you can expect to have a leaver on either one of the sides roughly 40% of your games.