@Riot and @"Can we have ____ champ?" threads, This is what we REALLY need...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSNBluebear View Post
shyvana ?

anyway yes a 100% dragon or other monster champ would be AWESOME
Shyvana's a JOKE lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
Yes, we need a true dragon, you have no idea how many people raged at Shyvana's release lmfao.

-Community asks for Dragon champion
-Riot listens
-Riot releases half-dragon half-lizard female champion
-Community's mind blown

Jakiro's the perfect example of a TRUE dragon...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakia View Post
i like riven, however i have to agree with some points in this argument, also i think a dragon tamer champion would be awesome or another dragon champ
Which were the points you agreed with? Which were the ones you disagreed with?

I also like the idea of a dragon tamer, kind of like Dragoon Bangaas in Final Fantasy Tactics. Not remotely what I'm imagining, but still in the same area .


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xpyder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-06-2012

seriously? mora dota ****ty heroes? why? Both are just horrible! And they've already stated that they would like to avoid fully monstrous champions(the relatable x unrelated thing)...
And Dota 2 manged to screw up most of their heroes by changing them into random stuff... sand king from badass scorpion into a lobster? seriously? Jakiro form Powerful(if a bit too colored) 2 headed dragon into a puny ****ty 2 headed thing with enormous heads? Oh man... dont go that way riot... ever!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpyder View Post
seriously? mora dota ****ty heroes? why? Both are just horrible! And they've already stated that they would like to avoid fully monstrous champions(the relatable x unrelated thing)...
And Dota 2 manged to screw up most of their heroes by changing them into random stuff... sand king from badass scorpion into a lobster? seriously? Jakiro form Powerful(if a bit too colored) 2 headed dragon into a puny ****ty 2 headed thing with enormous heads? Oh man... dont go that way riot... ever!
You must be one of the VERY FEW people in the world that think Sand King and Jakiro look worse in DotA 2 than DotA 1...

That must be the WEAKEST argument I've ever heard, every time I saw a red talk about it, I just facepalm'd.

What I don't understand*is the fact that Riot wants us to be able to "relate" to the monsters. No one plays monsters trying to relate to their personality or their past. We play them for the very fact that we don't know much about them, and they are mysterious. There's so many potential monsters they can use, but they're just flat out refusing to do it. It shows not only a lack of creativity, but also some unprofessional levels of laziness.

The only reason people buy humans more is because there's not many options... And the humans are OP anyway... So pick between 8 humans that are OP or between 2 monsters that are UP.

Here's the PERFECT quotes to explain how senseless denial of monster champ creations is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesterus View Post
I think they just completely lack the creativity to properly make a champion that fits that monster fantasy role


talking about catering to millions is just an easy way to cop out


all Riot wants to do is play it safe and make cheesy boring generic champions and then try to shoehorn them in to the lore they have, and of course they dont seem to do that right (Jayce)
And also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmmuk View Post
Hey, Morello, you mentioned that Trundle was a bad design mistake. I disagree with that. Trundle's pretty cool, but when I'm buying a champ or selecting a champ, my thought process is hardly, "does he look cool?", rather it's, "can he/she do his/her job well?" The fact is that Trundle gets outclassed by so many other junglers, that playing him doesn't seem like a good idea.

You also mentioned Lulu vs .Fiora in another thread, but, also forget that Lulu is a part of a small pool of champs, has been nerf a bit, and isn't as safe a pick as say Janna or Soraka. Soraka also brings up another point, in that, Soraka's got a really stupid model - how many people actually like her model? - and lots of people find her boring to play as, yet she's still played because she's safe pick.

Also, with Lulu, there's another problem in that she's a 6300IP champion, but is also a support. I'm skeptical that many people would lay down that much IP on a role that many consider boring. Obviously Lulu and Leona see play, but, as she is now, I'm just not likely to spend that much IP on a support champ, when I could buy a carry or jungler that feels like it adds more to game.

Personally, I love characters like Naut, Urgot, Maoki, Hecarim, Sion,etc. They add so much flavor to game, and if you look at MLG stats, despite being, as you say grotesque, Naut had a really high selection rate, because he's a good champ. A good grotesque champ will be played, a poorly designed (kit-wise) champ won't be played, regardless of their model.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Bump!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-06-2012

Nah, too epic for LoL. Won't ever happen!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arc Krow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

07-06-2012

Oh, someone who shares my thought. I too, found all the latests champions too boring. Why guys with massive weapons when we already had Garen? It's easier to make a skin for Garen and say that's not him, like some games do. You keep the champions, you reuse it in a better way. And then you can release champions with different concepts. All the concepts listed by OP are awesome. If we had a Balrog champion, it would be a instabuy for me!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastie View Post
Nah, too epic for LoL. Won't ever happen!
LoL UP.

Nerf DotA 2.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Krow View Post
Oh, someone who shares my thought. I too, found all the latests champions too boring. Why guys with massive weapons when we already had Garen? It's easier to make a skin for Garen and say that's not him, like some games do. You keep the champions, you reuse it in a better way. And then you can release champions with different concepts. All the concepts listed by OP are awesome. If we had a Balrog champion, it would be a instabuy for me!
Out of curiosity, do you remember Omen?

And yeah, a Balrog would be an insta-buy for me too, I'm glad we both share the same viewpoints on this topic .

Which concepts were your favorite? I must say I'd buy anything from that list that gets released.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Turkeybation

Senior Member

07-06-2012

Bump would love more monsters