@Riot and @"Can we have ____ champ?" threads, This is what we REALLY need...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaghatai View Post
I read the original post and that's what I was replying to. I didn't not read the 4 pages of responses because they are not the opinions I was interested in responding to.

Post != thread. I didn't want someone jumping on me because I ignored their post in the thread - so I was for-warning readers that I did not read their posts in the thread.

I disagree with the OP, the aesthetic he's championing there looks boring and or ugly to me. In my opinion (and make no mistake, that's all we're dealing here is your opinion vs. mine) those characters look generic, ugly and/or boring.

The LOL equivalents you were pointing out in my opinion are cool, relatable, feel heroic and epic and look unique and that's what I want to play.

I only own two and a half monster champs: skarner, allistar and Volibear ... I only own one "ugly" champ: Urgot (and only because his kit is very cool ... I hate his look though and will buy his cyborg skin as soon as I feel I'm good enough to play with it)

I don't like trolls, orcs, goblins, putrid zombies, monsters, etc and would not play the game if they were my primary choices.

I do have a tendency to like the animated suit of armor type characters like Mordekaiser, Nautilus and Hecarim (although I don't play him because he sucks)
Those are ugly and boring? That's a weird opinion, so weird I don't think we're on the same level in terms of critique and taste. I should stop arguing with you now before I waste my time.

I've seen LoL and HoN fanboys agree that DotA 2 champs are colorful, creative and fun-looking...

Either your sense of taste is completely off, or you're just denying their looks for the sake of opposing the thread.

Or maybe, you just happen to actually drool over humans and actually prefer them more, and if that's the case, then I'll respect your opinion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-06-2012

BUMP FOR JUSTlCE! JUST FINISHED UPLOADING ALL THE IMAGES, TOOK FOREVER!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Von Nicklesnout

Senior Member

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
I like your name, fellow Twisted Treeline player .

And yes, we need a true dragon, you have no idea how many people raged at Shyvana's release lmfao.

-Community asks for Dragon champion
-Riot listens
-Riot releases half-dragon half-lizard female champion
-Community's mind blown

Jakiro's the perfect example of a TRUE dragon... And I simply love his lore and theme...

Sigh... I wish DotA 2 heroes were playable on Summoner's Rift and balanced to our gameplay mechanics. Their heroes seem full of life, creativity, seriousness and mystery...
Jakiro is interesting because of the duality in its personality. Same with Ogre Magi constantly arguing with himself.

A Dragon champion idea? How about one of the "Celestial" Dragons that tried to murder Shyvana when they found out she was a dirty mongrel half-breed? It's not like dragons by fantasy lore have always been covetous, malicious, and sometimes downright sadistic for the sake of such.

Look at the dragons in Skyrim, they don't want to be your friend (Well, with the exception of maybe one tied to the story, but that's for another time), and they'd just as sooner roast you alive than give you even a shilling's worth of gold.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rope of Sand View Post
Jakiro is interesting because of the duality in its personality. Same with Ogre Magi constantly arguing with himself.

A Dragon champion idea? How about one of the "Celestial" Dragons that tried to murder Shyvana when they found out she was a dirty mongrel half-breed? It's not like dragons by fantasy lore have always been covetous, malicious, and sometimes downright sadistic for the sake of such.

Look at the dragons in Skyrim, they don't want to be your friend (Well, with the exception of maybe one tied to the story, but that's for another time), and they'd just as sooner roast you alive than give you even a shilling's worth of gold.
I love his lore, how he came to be and everything, he's a miracle, a freak of nature, was suppose to be born fire or ice, yet he's both.

A celestial dragon would be cool, but only if it's a real dragon, I'm sick of transforming humanoids, I want REAL monsters. I wanna feel threatening, I wanna burst with excitement as I do things that could never happen in real-life.

True, the dragons are unfriendly in Skyrim, but the setting's different, they live in ancient times, where men were at war with everything. Well, most men, the environment where Skyrim takes place gives me the feeling it's somewhere in northern Europe. All dragon slaying stories stem from knights in shining armors battling fierce dragons. So yeah, but I find it pretty awesome how you can read dragon language and learn new spells thanks to it.

If you look at the pictures I attached, I included a Dragon Tamer, that's for a champion, purely human, that uses dragon-like abilities because he's tamed dragons and has acquired their strength.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Bump for monstrosity!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imweasel09

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-06-2012

Third picture doesn't have sandking or nightstalker in it, I'm disappointed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS14696195e1336cdef530a

Senior Member

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonmaw Dragon View Post
Yes we need a Dragon champion.... and we have a bear....also 1 old man
shyvana ?

anyway yes a 100% dragon or other monster champ would be AWESOME


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sweet teemotion

Member

07-06-2012

such truth... as a lifelong fantasy fan, this game fails to deliver on the conceptual front.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by imweasel09 View Post
Third picture doesn't have sandking or nightstalker in it, I'm disappointed.
Sandking doesn't have an official splash art

Only screenshots of his in-game animated icon, and that isn't epic enough to represent the awesomeness DotA 2 possesses.

The biggest clear snapshots I could find of them were 205x115, that's nowhere near the size of the others so I just gave up on trying to get Sandking in it, I would've included Vyper and Venomancer if they had splash arts like the others.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

drakia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-06-2012

i like riven, however i have to agree with some points in this argument, also i think a dragon tamer champion would be awesome or another dragon champ