@Riot and @"Can we have ____ champ?" threads, This is what we REALLY need...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eaglewolf

07-08-2012

Hell ya! bring on the beast masters!

Akmanet

07-08-2012

Imo monster and mythical creatures does not really fit into the lore of League of Legends. It would feel misplaced.

GStar RAW

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

shall religiously bump this everyday until i get a beast of somesort

troids

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

bump

High Rune

07-08-2012

We need a literal devil/demon type champion. League is too flashy sometimes..

Would love for this game to take a more serious turn.

Celebi

Recruiter

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akmanet View Post
Imo monster and mythical creatures does not really fit into the lore of League of Legends. It would feel misplaced.
I guess we need to delete Anivia and Hecarim then, considering that's a Phoenix and a Centaur...

You know? I was actually gonna include Phoenix and Centaur in the list as well as Gargoyle if it wasn't for the fact that we already have those and I realized it before typing it and finding images for it.

So yeah, uhhh... Any monster and mythical creature can fit, this isn't the real world, Runeterra's already full of mythology... Hell, the Institute of War itself looks like a Greek building.

Celebi

Recruiter

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyko View Post
We need a literal devil/demon type champion. League is too flashy sometimes..

Would love for this game to take a more serious turn.
I relate to your comment IMMENSELY.

I agree, what is most noticeable is how League seems to be aimed at a both younger and older audience. But mostly younger, in regard to all the childish and goofy champs we have.

DotA 2 has more zombies, fairies, dragons and medieval/mythological heroes and the overall quality is a clear sign that it is aimed at an older audience, that and the fact that the game is not enormously noob-friendly, like LoL is... DotA 2's line-up is truly one of Legends.

Our League of so-called Legends is nothing more than a Justice League, a roster filled with human super-heroes...

Celebi

Recruiter

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osaka 6 View Post
shall religiously bump this everyday until i get a beast of somesort
Thanks for your support bro .

Celebi

Recruiter

07-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green Amoeba View Post
Celebi, you are an ass****. Riot has made it clear that they don't like monsters because they are harder to personify. They have made it clear that it is NOT about money. The fact that you're saying that it is about money is just to get a rise and get attention by being rude. I read every red post in the other threads and they were all incredibly reasonable, and successfully defeated the arguments presented to them.

Lump off.
Really? I made a thread about pleading Riot to listen to us wanting monsters if they were really as 'Community-focused' as they say they are. Guess what the main argument is over there?

"Stop complaining Celebi, Riot makes human champs because it makes them more money, why would they stop doing that just to make a few monsters?"

Go read it, please, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2318826 , then come back here and repeat what you said in your original post. I dare you.

I want to believe that Riot isn't in it for the money, and I've said that a lot already (go find the posts, I say that a BUNCH of times), so no, I don't want attention, and I'm not trying to be rude, be reasonable here you're starting to sound stupid, I'm not looking for attention I'm looking for approval, those are two different things.

And the whole hard to personify argument is really groundless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralfazar View Post
With their extreme lack of MONSTER champs, no, skarner really isn't a monster, just a giant stone(base skin) scorpion, I have pretty much just figured that Riot just can't make monsters anymore, so far it seems it took all of their imagination to make cho/kog seeing as they cancelled such an awesome champ like Omen, whether he was contradictory by look, who the eff cares, they are MONSTERS, you aren't supposed to make sense of them.

Look at the aliens in the Alien movies, EVERYONE wonders how the hell they see, no eyes, ANYWHERE, to riot, something like that would make them impossible to be made, can't make it, they can't see, no eyes, players might wonder how they perceive their foes(blind monk withstanding).

The excuses given for Omen are jut pathetic, who cares if his look makes you think ranged or melee, do MONSTERS, NEED to make sense?

Kog is like a dog, his thing is hunger, if you were to make Cho OR Kog now, I have a feeling they would NEVER be made, Cho is a caster but looks like a melee, he has big scythe claws on his back. Kog, well, if you didn't see his mouth protuberance you would think that his giant mouth would make him melee as well.
Also, you CLEARLY haven't read my replies in the Omen and Beholder threads, I commented there at least +5 times in each, and no Rioter has ever responded to me, I'd love for a Rioter to give it a try... Lots of forumers have shut down most of their reasons for not making Omen or a Beholder, and clearly, they only reply to comments that they can own, comments not well-structured, otherwise they'd reply to all the posts that have a bunch of upvotes from the community and are clearly shutting their arguments down.

Tails66

07-08-2012

I am all for more monster champions.

But Darius, Draven, and Jayce are all awesome. At least I think so.