@Riot and @"Can we have ____ champ?" threads, This is what we REALLY need...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Skyz View Post
#1 I like monsters too.

#2 @op in your 3rd row of pictures, (the 1st monster row) we already have an ent type (maokai) and a bear type (volibear) though I do certainly support more monsters. I am of the opinion that kog is the cutest thing ever.
You mean 2nd row (1st monster row), Yes we have an Ent, but Treant seems cooler than Maokai, I don't know why, I think the smoothness and finesse of DotA heroes just attracts me TOO much. Maokai's cool too, but he's got a halloween face, Treant has a real Ent face, an old tree man's face.

Also, I know we have a bear type, the beast emperor I suggested was a gorilla king, could come from the Kumungu Jungles and be a distant relative of Wukong's or something.

Bump

Arc Krow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

And don't really like the animals idea. If we're looking for something different, monsters are better. We already have a lot of animal-like champions. But it's still better than dudes with big weapons.

Celebi

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Krow View Post
Of course I remember Omen! His character design was awesome. I still hope that he is released, since he was not but as 'cancelled'.
Well, as I said, the Balrog or any flaming-shadow demons are a personal favorite of mine. So do marine monsters, as a Leviathan or a Kraken, another instabuy for me. But any champion that breaks that boring sample of champions would make me very happy. Don't disappoint me, Riot! You guys are a awesome company.
I see, cool.

And yeah, he was cancelled for pathetic reasons, here's a post from Ezreal explaining a little about what's gonna happen now that he's cancelled:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
Currently we do not. We like to sit on ideas that we have opted out of until we find a new direction for them. For example, if someone came in to work on tuesday with a new twist on Omen that solves his personality problem, then there is a big chance that we would start work on him again!
Sad thing is, they never replied when I debated how the reasons why he was cancelled were ridiculous:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
No personality? Yeah right, we barely know anything about him... I didn't like Godzilla and Cloverfield because the monsters had a dramatic background that concerns their appearance and how tough "life" was for them... I don't care about all that uselessness... I love them because they're bad ass, unique, have a reason for being there, and are killing machines with a purpose we can't quite understand other than "Conquer, Reproduce, Survive, Repeat".

The people that refused having Omen seriously have problems...

I pushed the Kayle argument a few pages before you, and I totally agree, she LOOKS melee, yet she's a ranged DPS... AND STILL HAS TO GO MELEE when E's on cooldown....

But now all of a sudden, "We can't tell if he's ranged or melee", that didn't bother you when making Kayle.

"How would we make a bio-spine champ work?" Just make it work... WE CARE ABOUT HIS DESIGN! As someone said earlier, you pushed a kit onto his design instead of letting his design push his kit...

"Not many people had the appeal of Omen as strong as others did". Oh really? What about Amumu? A small, crying mummy really has much more credibility than a fierce, mysterious, grinning, spiked demon right?...

"It doesn't look like he belongs to any class"... Yes he does, you were all just too much in denial to accept he was another hybrid champ that could've been just like Kayle...

"Why couldn't there be 100000 Omens?" Well... There's billions of humans? What makes a certain chick be able to hold 2 guns more than another? Why not train an army of Garens? Or a clan of Miss Fortunes? Jarvan IV is pretty unique, he's a prince, good luck having 10 000 princes of Demacia, but bounty hunters, royal guards and swift scouts? Really? They're unique? What stops Omen from being just a stronger version of his race? Why must the other 100000 Omens all look like him?....
Here's another:

Quote:
I'd have to disagree with that, take it from someone that grew up with almost any game franchise or anime you can think of.

1. He doesn't look like any role in particular.

To me, he does look like a ranged, I wouldn't want him to be a fighter because I know that the quadrupedal stance he has would be ruined if he were to attack with his limbs or jaw. Shooting spines would be one hell of an idea that the League has yet to see. Why is he so spindly, well that could be worked into his abilties, give him an amazing movement speed steroid to make him look like a "Very fast, scary, crawling insect".

2. He doesn't look like he has a whole lot of individual personality to him whatsoever.

That could be true, but the design that was put on Omen makes me doubt the idea, compare the voidlings with Omen, can you see it? Omen has personal traits that make him look very cool (spiky tail, spiked back, runic symbols on his skin). His personality could easily relate to Cho'Gath, just like the relation between Toxin and Venom from the Spiderman Series. His background could be that he was a voidling that had stronger capabilities than others, and after spending so much time in the void, his strength has just increased drastically by remaining in the Void for so long, when all of a sudden, a path between the Void and Runeterra opened because of a skirmish between Malzahar and Kassadin, who by using their void powers, created a disruption in time and space that caused Omen to get inside, now Omen is here for one thing, to feel alive and kill everything that stands in its way. He could also join the league not by going there but by infiltrating the league and having someone inside the institute keep him there as an inside job to see to what extent the Institute could make use of Omen's power to get rid of the upcoming invasion of the Void.

You can tell more effort was put into Omen than Voidlings, and its natural, Voidlings are just minions, but Omen was targeted to be a champion. If the problem is complexity, then lets look at Nunu or Amumu who look very simple design-wise. Compared to them, Omen would pass as a champion more than Amumu if they were both previewed at the same time. And when you look at the Omen/Amumu comparison and the reason why you guys shelved Omen, we can tell that Riot's taste have been harder to satisfy. Omen could've EASILY been approved by everyone at Riot if he was suggested during beta, but because of the progress League of Legends has taken with their champion releases, you guys have heightened your standards a little far.

3. Does he have more than niche appeal?

I don't know about you guys, but since I grew up with Pokemon, Digimon, X-men, Justice League, Dragon ball, InuYasha, Naruto, One Piece, Zatch Bell, Shinzo, Beyblade, Yugioh, Final Fantasy, Metroid, Sonic, Soul Calibur, and way too much to name, Omen looks amazing to me. And again, if its a problem of complexity or appeal, look at Amumu. To be completely honest, I'd trade Amumu for Omen right now, because Omen just seems like my type of champ, and ever since I joined League of Legends. I've always leaned towards monsters because its what I love the most in a set of characters, like my favorites: Renekton, Nocturne, Anivia, Nasus, Skarner, Twitch, Udyr, Warwick, Wukong, Alistar.

And to anyone that can't really relate my points with Omen and see what I'm trying to say exactly, read this post while looking at Omen, and maybe Amumu also...

Attachment 480877
And this was a small reply to a derp that was too derpy to understand:

Quote:
Here's something I whipped up just to show exactly what I mean since a LOT of people seem to be forgetting these things and just blindly reading what I've been trying to say ever since page 40...
Attachment 480878
Lastly, this is one of the many awesome replies on the thread, which evidently, Riot ignored:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralfazar View Post
With their extreme lack of MONSTER champs, no, skarner really isn't a monster, just a giant stone(base skin) scorpion, I have pretty much just figured that Riot just can't make monsters anymore, so far it seems it took all of their imagination to make cho/kog seeing as they cancelled such an awesome champ like Omen, whether he was contradictory by look, who the eff cares, they are MONSTERS, you aren't supposed to make sense of them.

Look at the aliens in the Alien movies, EVERYONE wonders how the hell they see, no eyes, ANYWHERE, to riot, something like that would make them impossible to be made, can't make it, they can't see, no eyes, players might wonder how they perceive their foes(blind monk withstanding).

The excuses given for Omen are jut pathetic, who cares if his look makes you think ranged or melee, do MONSTERS, NEED to make sense?

Kog is like a dog, his thing is hunger, if you were to make Cho OR Kog now, I have a feeling they would NEVER be made, Cho is a caster but looks like a melee, he has big scythe claws on his back. Kog, well, if you didn't see his mouth protuberance you would think that his giant mouth would make him melee as well.

IS1ebe60507d910496d5f37

07-06-2012

Nope, this is League of Legends, where champion design, from models to kits is utterly uninspired.

Celebi

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc Krow View Post
And don't really like the animals idea. If we're looking for something different, monsters are better. We already have a lot of animal-like champions. But it's still better than dudes with big weapons.
Well, if I were to put it in a ratio, then I'm 45% for animals, 55% for monsters. But just ANYTHING instead of a frikin' human... I'm getting sick of humans. Seriously... How the hell does this game think it's gonna last long when they keep releasing generic, bland, boring champs that are the "safe route" for releases and make them OP to get money...

Jadest

07-06-2012

Lore based champ pls.
Riot pls.

MrHedge64

07-06-2012

Downvoted OP.

Mentions Demon Executioner, but no picture of Razor.

Celebi

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHedge64 View Post
Downvoted OP.

Mentions Demon Executioner, but no picture of Razor.
You goof, Razor doesn't have a splash art, I needed to find monster champs with splash arts, the picture with the DotA 2 heroes aligned were the only cool monsters with splash arts...

I needed at least a 320x477 snapshot of the hero, there was no picture of Razor big enough for that...

Celebi

Recruiter

07-06-2012

Riot pls , moar monsters

*teers*

Bump for Monsters

Vyrem

07-06-2012

MONSTEr CHAMPS WHERE