Mechanics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

agEdri

05-25-2014

Sorry if this has been covered, but I was browsing through and didn't see anything relevant to my exact question.

Basically, I'd like to know what the most important mechanics are in this game. Is there a good place for resources of said mechanics?

I main jungle with Kha'Zix, and I have read a lot of guides on him. My average K/D/A ratio is great for the most part, and I usually do well in terms of that. I've read up on gearing for the other team (core build, then building based on what their composition and items are). However, I am back in my promotion to silver for the umpteenth time and I can not seem to carry my way to victory.

I've read a lot on how if you lose its your fault. There are things you could have done to win the game or gain a significant lead at various points in said game. With that said, I suppose my question is, what are these things I need to be doing? I can get a lot of kills and not die, that really isn't my issue. My issue is that I'm not able to effectively use my "feed" (I guess you'd call it) to carry the team to victory. Usually it plays out into the later game, and the later it gets the harder I find it to make as big a difference.

So are there videos or guides on this? I've watched a lot on efficient jungle routes, counter jungling, ward placements, gank paths, champion guides, etc. But, I have not seen a lot on what it takes to actually seal the game. I know I need towers, that's common sense, I know global gold is always a priority, but I don't know... I guess I'm just lost as to what mechanics I need to know to carry myself out of bronze and silver league?

If I try to ping towers repeatedly I get yelled at to get out of their lane. If I successfully gank and their jungle is on the other side of the map, I try to clear out the minions with whichever lane I'm in and take the tower but 9/10 times the person's lane I'm in yells at me to stop taking their CS or they will feed, then ports back and does not want to hit the tower. I try to take Dragon, but when I ping it nobody comes to help. Is there a better jungler I could be playing to make these things happen?

I just need some help on getting better with my core mechanics. My KDA may be pretty good in the majority of my games, but I just suck at this game. Coming from being a very high ranked player in games like SC2 and WoW, I just hate being bad at this so I really would love some help! Thanks in advance.

Zerglinglol

05-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by agEdri View Post
Basically, I'd like to know what the most important mechanics are in this game. Is there a good place for resources of said mechanics?
I think most mechanics in lol are just learned/experienced. A good resource you can use to help learn from your games is lolreplay. You can watch your mistakes and see what their team did that was more effective than what your team did.

Quote:
I main jungle with Kha'Zix, and I have read a lot of guides on him. My average K/D/A ratio is great for the most part, and I usually do well in terms of that. I've read up on gearing for the other team (core build, then building based on what their composition and items are). However, I am back in my promotion to silver for the umpteenth time and I can not seem to carry my way to victory.
I didn't look at your kha builds, but your stats/record with him are awesome. Keep up the good work and ride him to gold+. I know it can be frustrating losing promos over and over again, but keep at it dude, you'll get it.

Quote:
I've read a lot on how if you lose its your fault. There are things you could have done to win the game or gain a significant lead at various points in said game. With that said, I suppose my question is, what are these things I need to be doing? I can get a lot of kills and not die, that really isn't my issue. My issue is that I'm not able to effectively use my "feed" (I guess you'd call it) to carry the team to victory. Usually it plays out into the later game, and the later it gets the harder I find it to make as big a difference.
People who say "if you lose it's your fault" are just trolling. It isn't possible to win every game. Unless you're a diamond/challenger level mid-laner you aren't capable of carrying every game. That said, just be consistent. If you get fed make sure you push that feed to control the map. Get wards on dragons and/or do them. If you're significantly ahead of their jungler go find him at buffs, etc.

Quote:
So are there videos or guides on this? I've watched a lot on efficient jungle routes, counter jungling, ward placements, gank paths, champion guides, etc. But, I have not seen a lot on what it takes to actually seal the game. I know I need towers, that's common sense, I know global gold is always a priority, but I don't know... I guess I'm just lost as to what mechanics I need to know to carry myself out of bronze and silver league?
Your kha kda tells me you're doing alright Just keep it up and keep learning from mistakes/games.

Quote:
If I try to ping towers repeatedly I get yelled at to get out of their lane. If I successfully gank and their jungle is on the other side of the map, I try to clear out the minions with whichever lane I'm in and take the tower but 9/10 times the person's lane I'm in yells at me to stop taking their CS or they will feed, then ports back and does not want to hit the tower. I try to take Dragon, but when I ping it nobody comes to help. Is there a better jungler I could be playing to make these things happen?
Yeah at lower levels people are really dumb about turrets and denying CS via pushing. Just give in to what the baddies say and move on to another lane/objective. Even in plat people freak out if you gank for them and get the kill, then push lane. There's no reason not to do it though. Not only is it turret damage, but also denies 1-2 waves of CS.

Quote:
I just need some help on getting better with my core mechanics. My KDA may be pretty good in the majority of my games, but I just suck at this game. Coming from being a very high ranked player in games like SC2 and WoW, I just hate being bad at this so I really would love some help! Thanks in advance.
Your scores are really good for someone in bronze. IMO you should be able to hit gold if you keep playing khazix like that so just keep it up. And if you have to fill because you don't get jungle try supporting. Most people at lower levels don't want to support and/or are REALLY bad at it so if you learn a good Leona/thresh/morg you can carry hard.

*I'm curious to see ya in action...if you wanna duo I have an s3 smurf I could play with you on

agEdri

05-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinglol View Post
*I'm curious to see ya in action...if you wanna duo I have an s3 smurf I could play with you on
Thanks for the tips, I guess I just need more practice to make it work. And I would love to duo, hit me up in game any time.

Your name looks really familiar, I feel like I've seen it in SC2, maybe in the forums there? I don't post there often anymore, but I went by Tilt when I did.

Zerglinglol

05-25-2014

Quote:
Thanks for the tips, I guess I just need more practice to make it work. And I would love to duo, hit me up in game any time.

Your name looks really familiar, I feel like I've seen it in SC2, maybe in the forums there? I don't post there often anymore, but I went by Tilt when I did.
Nah this name is only in lol :P go figure

I'll add ya on the account im playing today, if you wanna play with that smurf we can

Necrolyte

05-25-2014

Mamori

agEdri

05-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrolyte View Post
Mamori
Come again?